• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Best TV-to-Movie adaptation in 2011

Please select 2 edits for nomination of Best TV-to-Movie adaptation of 2011

• Carly's Story by MarkMoore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emerald City: An Oz Fanedit by Gatos

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • LOST: The Miniseries - Part 1 by DriggyDriggs

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Mobile Suite Gundam Wing - Locus of Victory and Defeat by MarkMoore

• Northwest Passage: A Twin Peaks Fanedit by Q2

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Smallville Destiny by LastSurvivor

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Smallville Episode 1: A New Beginning by Juice4Z0

• Sopranos: Season One (parts 1 and 2)

• Supernatural: The Winchester Gospel Chapter 1 by Juice4Z0

• The Walking Dead Apocalypse by g1orkatsos

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2011 saw a rapid increase in the number of fanedits which took television shows and converted them into movie format. As this is a fanedit type which presents a very unique set of challenges, and due to the number of edits that fell into this category in 2011, we are adding this category as it's own individual award. Editors who undertake this form of project must overcome a multitude of issues to form a single new narrative from a jumble of sources with different writers, directors etc...

For Best TV-to-Movie Adaptation of 2011, the initial nomination round will be decided as follows:

1) The top 5 vote getters of a public poll.
2) Up to 3 Wild Card Academy selections (not required)

Out of this possible total of 8 first-round nominations, the Academy will then select 4 as the final Nominees.

The final nominations will then be judged by a panel comprised of eligible members invited from the Academy, Staff, and past Best TFE of the year winners.

Best TV-to-Movie Adaptation of 2011
Best TV-to-Movie adaptation of the year will be evaluated on the following criteria

1. Quality of Audio and Video editing - The ideal fanedit makes the edits themselves invisible to a casual viewer within context of the intention of the editor

• [*=1]Audio - Audio editing should not cause pops, stray components and/or background from other scenes which should not be there. Audio is properly synchronized and balanced within the audio-design (5.1, Stereo etc). Ideally, a viewer should not be able to detect the hand of the editor in terms of audio quality and transitions.
    [*=1]Video - Video editing should lack flash-frames, abrupt/jarring hard-cuts. In short the editing itself has the feel of professionalism and should match/complement the nature of the edit.

1. Storytelling - Edits will be evaluated on the ability of the faneditor to construct a compelling and entertaining story out of the various episodes of the TV show. Narratives should be cohesive and stand-alone, not requiring previous understanding of the shows on which the edit is based. It is important to note that editors have complete freedom to explore new territory and create new stories or focuses. Some edits may try to encapsulate the ‘spirit’ of a show or season while other edits may be a focus on a particular narrative or story thread, or simply create one that didn’t previously exist. Faithfulness to the source (or lack thereof) is not a criteria for judging this category. It should be evaluated on how successfully the editor has achieved their goal.

• [*=1]Execution of intention - Every faneditor has an intent when they create a fanedit. How clear is this intention and how well did they execute on this intention?
    [*=1]Impact of changes - What was the net effect of their change? Did the changes create a compelling viewing experience? Was it engaging and provide entertainment/value?

1. Overall Enjoyment - While the most subjective of criteria, this is also what every edit boils down to; Was this edit fun and enjoyable? Was this worth the viewers’ time and is it something that the viewer would be happy to recommend/share with others?

In summary, the Best TV-to-Movie should be evaluated in terms of how well the final product can stand on it’s own as a film that is comprised of so many elements. How well does successful was the editor in creating a story that is self-contained? How engaging was this new take on existing material, and overall, how well did the editor execute on all of the fundamental aspects which make fanediting its own unique artform?

Btw you wrote "Sopronos" on the poll instead of "Sopranos" :p

g1orkatsos said:
Btw you wrote "Sopronos" on the poll instead of "Sopranos" :p

Good eye. Fixed.

Does anyone know where I can get the Sopranos FE's, Horace is not availbe to PM here?

I didn't see too many of these, only Northwest Passage, LOST Pt 1, Juice's Smallville Episode 1 and Walking Dead. One obvious pick was Northwest Passage and my second pick was Walking Dead by g1or.

Nice, me likey!

My picks were:

1) Northwest Passage by Q2

just a damn monumental achievement IMO (that's not hyperbole, that's just the truth!)

2) Smallville: Destiny by LastSurvivor

extremely impressive firstling and IMO a unique narrative approach to an origin story

Less focus on Clark using his powers and saving people (this would have been the obvious way to go). And more on coming to terms with who he is and his personal relationships

I'm surprised nobody's made tv-to-movie edits of Dexter already. That show definitely has potential to be turned into a great movie.

Funny you say that, dexter is one of the projects i plan on working on once i wrap up on what im working on.

Dexter is a great show and an even better book

^Awesome! I've been dying for somebody to turn it into a movie. And I agree, the books are great. It's interesting to see two different takes on the same series.

Not really relevant to the topic, please continue elsewhere.

LS totally deserves a win for destiny, it was a great edit!

And i disagree, it was a perfect place for a quick comment. About a tv to movie edit

Quick comment fine, several posts no. This is about the poll.

Reminder to everybody to vote for the first round of nominees for Best TV-to-Movie Edit 2011.

You must be registered at least 45 day(s) to vote in this poll. You have only been registered 31 day(s).

Bummer
:(

Back
Top Bottom