• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Best SW Episode 1 fanedit

Vote for the best of the best of the best

• THE PHANTOM MENACE: 9000 SAGA by Hal9000

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • CHILD OF THE FORCE by Father Merrin

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • MASTER AND APPRENTICE by Horace

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • EPISODE 1 - SITHLORD REMIX by Sithlord

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • BALANCE OF THE FORCE by Magnoliafan

• RISE OF THE SITH by Slumberland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • THE PHANTOM EDIT by Phantom Editor

• A VERGENCE IN THE FORCE by ADM

• STAR WARS: ATTACK OF THE FEDERATION by JasonN

• STAR WARS EPISODE 1: THE PHANTOM RE-EDIT by Magnoliafan

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Now that mine is done I can finally watch the others. I have of course watched the original Phantom Edit and it is ultimately what inspired me to get into fan editing. But I stayed away from all others as much as possible so as to create my personal vision without influence of others. Now I'm curious as to what everyone else did and see how I feel I stack up :)

Mine files need an update by Boon as I had had to address some issues that PC users were having. As soon as that's done, you can add mine to your extensive list to evaluate ;)

TV's Frink said:
Why not look through the full cutlist scripts and then watch the one or two that look best to you? That's what the scripts are for :)
Also...
L8wrtr said:
Mine files need an update by Boon as I had had to address some issues that PC users were having. As soon as that's done, you can add mine to your extensive list to evaluate ;)

129170288160180750.jpg

TV's Frink said:
[quote="TV']Why not look through the full cutlist scripts and then watch the one or two that look best to you? That's what the scripts are for :)
Also...
L8wrtr said:

129170288160180750.jpg
[/quote:y6ltbhw1]

OK TVF, I've started, and I'm going to just go down the list. It's funny to read what other edits are.. some cuts (at least on paper) are the exact same, and others so radically different. I imagine that TPM editors tend to make many similar cuts of the worst/most offensive things. It's particularly interesting since I would also imagine that we try avoid each other's edits prior to making our own.

Have you ever considered listing the most common edits?

As a matter of fact, I have...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5923

Unfortunately I've never quite got my arms around the issue, but I encourage you to check out the spreadsheet and see what I started before I abandoned the idea. I may pick it up again at some point.

Fellow forum member none once suggested a side-by-side method where you could view two cutlist scripts at the same time and directly see what was different. If I was a programmer I would probably try to write something where you could plug in any two cutlists to compare. But that's just a pipe dream.

Incidentally, if I were a faneditor and taking on the Prequels, I would watch as many edits as possible and pull ideas from them all. I believe JasonN followed that approach to some degree (although he did plenty of his own stuff) and it was pretty darn successful.

The spreadsheet is gone, but I'm curious as to how far/deep it got, and as time permits, I'd be happy to contribute to this. I find it fascinating. I'm wondering if googledocs might not be a bad medium for a 'live' document?

Honestly I don't remember how detailed I got - the spreadsheet is not accessible to me at the moment, but I'll upload it again later today. I'm pretty sure I ignored times because my PC's dvd player is usually off on times.

I'd love the help if you are interested. As far as googledocs, I've never used it so I'll have to check it out.

Definitely interested, but it will come in little spurts as I have the whole family, back-to-school, work, oh, and a shit-load of planned edits :)

I already have started a cutlist of my own in excel, so once I complete it, I might use that as a basis to add others with a column for each edit. Where they have it in common, it'll be listed across the board, where one edit lacks one, an N/A or something goes in there?

Also, you now you have me wondering about doing an 'ultimate' edit that combines a best-of approach of all the edits, but I'll have to see what JasonN's approach was, no need to duplicate it if someone else did it.

You don't have to tell me about available time, as I have a family and full time job to juggle as well. :)

I think you'll find that as good as JasonN's edits were, you wouldn't be duplicating work. There's still some stuff in there I'd prefer not to see (off the top of my head - Jar Jar's "how wude" is left in both times, as is the end celebration).

L8wrtr said:
I already have started a cutlist of my own in excel, so once I complete it, I might use that as a basis to add others with a column for each edit. Where they have it in common, it'll be listed across the board, where one edit lacks one, an N/A or something goes in there?
btw, this is exactly what I did. I believe I left a blank for edits that were not done by someone.

TV's Frink said:
L8wrtr said:
btw, this is exactly what I did. I believe I left a blank for edits that were not done by someone.

Great minds....

I've reupped the spreadsheet to RS. I've also revived the thread - let's move the discussion there. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom