• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Best Post-Womble Application?

Phantom Stranger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I've been using Womble for all my editing and I think it's a pretty good program, despite having its share of bugs. But every now and then I'd like to use some minor effects (like slow-motion or muting the colors) which can't be done without corrupting the image in some way.

What I'd like to do is just take those .mpg files which need editing, import them into a new program and then (post-editing) reimport them into Womble for the final cut. And hopefully, with the newly created .mpg not looking like it's been compressed.

Given the fact that I'm somewhat new at all this and I intend to do most of the editing in Womble, what would be a good program to adopt?

Thanks in advance!

Vegas Lite or whatever its called, its cheap (around £50 i think), easy to use and makes womble look like windows movie maker.

Vegas Movie Studio?

Isn't it a bit grumpy with MPG as well? Especially those produced by Womble..... :x

well yes because Vegas' native format is avi, converting between the two is dead easy.

So I take it converting to .avi won't harm the image quality once I reinsert the clip into Womble?

you dont want to edit avi in womble as it'll reencode it back to mpeg and ruin it. if you have to do the editing in womble you'll have to convert it back to mpeg using CCE or TMPGxpress after youre finished in vegas.

Back
Top Bottom