• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Best free site to download ONLY A PORTION of a youtube vid??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanteraSteel

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know? All the sites I keep finding seem like they'll give my computer a virus. I have these 3 and 4 hour youtube videos and I'd like to be able to download only a few minutes here or there without downloading the entire video. I tried Save.tube and that initially worked perfectly then started getting weird. Then I tried some youtube 4k downloader site and I'm getting all kinds of crazy virus warnings. Definitely not using that again.

I just want to be able to grab little clips here and there from longform interviews and streams etc. Any tips on the best way to do it?

I think it get's more difficult all the time to rip videos from youtube, wanting to only rip a small part seems to be complicating an already tricky task. I recommend simply using jdownloader to grab the whole video. That software is generally pretty robust at grabbing large files.

i second jdownloader.
you're an editor ! download the vid. something something. profit.
skip the middleman. or middle-website, as it were. you're in control.

skip the middleman. or middle-website, as it were.
Actually, maintains file quality too, as I imagine a tool that cuts part of a video out, may be reencoding to do it's job.

i second jdownloader.
you're an editor ! download the vid. something something. profit.
skip the middleman. or middle-website, as it were. you're in control.
I was trying to avoid downloading 3 hour streams for a 30 second clip

Thanks though.

Would streaming the clip through something like VLC and pressing record on the section you want work?

How about using screen recording software? That way, you will only record the 30-second clip you're after, with no need to download anything.

I was trying to avoid downloading 3 hour streams for a 30 second clip

Thanks though.

A Google search can find many options. This conversation is also on the verge of violation of the OTS. As a preventative measure, 5his thread will be closed. Please reach out with any OTS questions a d or use Google to find the many options for the OP topic. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom