• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Best Fanediting app on phones?

lazorid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are there any good apps for Fanediting? My computer refuses to download a lot of software like Handbreak and Davinici Resolve. Might be better to use my phone.

In all honesty, I doubt there is anything sophisticated enough to do a decent job. You could do basic cuts on some of the apps, but I can't imagine the final result would be up to standard. It's just really not a good way to work. By all means prove us wrong though. Talented people can do amazing things with unusual tools.

Last edited:
Phone apps are good at editing phone videos. But you're not going to find anything on mobile worth using for film for a number of reasons. A few I can think of, low/limited storage and memory and processing power, touch input instead of mouse and keyboard is inaccurate and inefficient, screen size isn't large enough to tell if something is 4k or HD or 480p or 144p if you're monitoring your edit with a timeline taking up screen space as well, and you have no control over export options including quality and frame rate. It's not just unlikely you'll find something that will be good enough, it's impossible.

Just. .. don't. Honestly. Not to sound elitist but figure out how to use a program on your computer or just give up and don't bother. You're not going to get anything worthwhile out of a mobile app.

If you're going to post crap like this on purpose just to cheat the system I have no reason to think your edit will be any good.

Doing a fanedit on a phone sounds like one of those deliberately crazy challenges people do for charity like carrying a refrigerator to the top of a mountain

Ignore this post. I just made this so I could get to 5 posts to upload a fanedit of mine. BTW, YouCut (Inshot Video Editor) works really well on phones for editing involving trimming clips and adding audio.
@lazorid your post has been removed for circumnavigating the rules. Becoming an Active Member requires 30 days and at least 5 posts. Feel free to PM staff if you have any questions.

Last edited:
I know some people do YouTube editing etc on their phones, but I can't begin to imagine how fiddly it must be to do precise editing with just your on such a small screen. I struggle to position the text cursor sometimes; finding the perfect frame to cut on must be near impossible!

I struggled to do a simple photo slide show on iPhone apps. I gave up and did it on my MacBook with iMovie. I can’t imagine anything working for real editing on a phone.

Back
Top Bottom