• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Best fanedit there never was?

Cactus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a look at some of the archived in-the-works threads, and just had a thought: Which were the best fanedit ideas or never-finished works that never ... got finished or released? Where did they go, what happened to them?

My 2001 edit, which was the victim of a hard drive crash, now had a similar edit (The Abridged Cut) done by Silentpete & Livinginoblivion. That took any pressure off me to go back and re-do all of it, so that was a good ending. I'm sure there are some terrible stories out there though!

Well I dunno about the "best" fanedit ideas or never-finished works that never got finished or released, but to slightly hijack your thread, I can chime in with some of the fanedits I was looking forward to that were in the works and became inactive.

One was [MENTION=8686]Asteroid-Man[/MENTION]'s No Country for Gunmen . Im a fan of No Country for Old Men. I really liked what [MENTION=8919]LastSurvivor[/MENTION] did with Prophet of Destruction. And I was interested to see what another faneditor would do with the film.

Another fanedit (although I saw a workprint and gave some feedback on it) that was never officially completed was Inglourious Basterds - All Basterds Edition by Captain Awesome. The workprint was excellent in terms of technical quality for a firstling faneditor, and there were only a couple places that needed to be cut to avoid plotholes. Basterds is one of my favorite Tarantino films, but this was definitely a cool alternate way to watch the movie.

I'd have to look through more of the In-The-Works INACTIVE threads to comment more.

Several people started up edits on Stargate. None of them came to fruition and one of them, I think by Delpheas sounded very promising - he was tying it back to SG1 and inserting clips of Don S Davis from Twin Peaks.

EDIT : Crikey - one that should have been excellent would have been Infodroid's take on Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which sadly never happened.
Also - there was a Spinal Tap extended version that I think got nuked for quality.
A Batman Forever cut that was being done by JMB and Dwight Fry.

Hmmm - I note Independence Day Redeclared is in inactive....was completed! (By me!)

Stomachworm's Simpsons Christmas edit.

Selutron's Superman II

the K Cutter's Revenge of the Cut

Adywan's ESB:R.

(... I'll believe it when I see it. :p)

Reef's Transformer edit.

I was waiting for that. As soon as I saw this thread pop up, I knew it was a perfect storm for my abuse.

Kinko's spider-man 3 edit. he had so many similar ideas to me although I never quite got the narrative figured out, I guess he didn't either.

That K Cutter version is soooo much better than the released version.

Of course, what isn't better than that? But this is much better!

Gatos said:
One was Asteroid-Man's No Country for Gunmen . Im a fan of No Country for Old Men. I really liked what LastSurvivor did with Prophet of Destruction. And I was interested to see what another faneditor would do with the film.
I'm considering going back to it. I'm working on an experimental film that requires a lot of compositing.
My other issue is that Vegas was proving too unstable for 1080p. In the past year I've learned how to use Media Composer and it is BY FAR the best editing suite out there. (I've used iMovie, WMM, Priemere, Vegas, FCP and MC). Another issue is that if I want to edit it with stability, I'm going to need a new HDD SPECIFICALLY for fanedits (this is why all of my fanedits are halted for the time being until I can afford to buy a new HDD).

I did also just lose a lot of interest in that idea specifically. I encourage someone else to pick it up though.

Omaru1982 said:
Kinko's spider-man 3 edit. he had so many similar ideas to me although I never quite got the narrative figured out, I guess he didn't either.
That reminds me: there was that SM3 edit that was going to cut out both Sandman and Harry's amnesia. Woulda liked to see that one...

Infodroid's Crystal Skull edit for me. I was so hyped for it, and then it just stopped. I understand there were reason, nevertheless it was quite disappointing.

Kate Upton's private home video collection.

Back
Top Bottom