• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Batman: Under The Red Hood Expanded Edition

PanteraSteel

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Hi guys. I've got an edit I've been sitting on for a while now. It's Batman Red Hood combined with some of the additional footage provided in Batman: Death in the Family. It's a pretty simple edit I don't think anyone has done yet (correct me if I'm wrong).

The change list isn't much of a list....

• Added the scene of Bruce talking to Alfred about putting Jason in the field before he was ready and Jason running off.
  • Added the scene of Bruce thinking back to what his father said about Gotham locking up someone like Zorro.
  • Added "excellent detective work son" scene with Bruce and Jason.
  • Added the scene of Bats telling Robin to stay here and no to go after the Joker without him.

All the additions are before the opening credits roll. From there I let the movie play out. Once the end credits roll, I got creative with adding some mid credit and post credit scenes I'd rather not spoil. I looked throughout Batman: Death In The Family and I thought there was some really cool scenes that would work to expand the story/ending. So that's it. Pretty basic edit but it's my preferred version of Red Hood. It's approximately eleven minutes added to the runtime. It's a straight re-edit. My skills are limited so I'm spending all my time on getting seamless transitions because one bad transition can ruin an entire film/fan edit imo.

I'm a total rookie but unless I'm forgetting something (mods fill me in), I'll be submitting it soon.

Last edited:
My faves are the first and third ones. Second one is a great design but it's too clearly Batfleck, and fourth (comic book) is really cool except that the art appears to give Batman chubby cheeks and a goatee.

The possible "problem" with that, if any, is that it was also used for the cover of Uncanny Antman's edit many years ago.
Similar, but UA edited Red Hood on the cover. Especially around the eyes.

@ArtisDead could use this poster for it though if the similarities present too much of a problem:

kl5QJuwAHb6VwrneZTgdjuxSibd.jpg

You could also insert this artwork from Death In The Family on it to show it being an extended edition using footage from it:

batman-death-in-the-family-624e7ce224fc8.png

Last edited:
Okay. It looks like the first one by process of elimination.

Okay. It looks like the first one by process of elimination.
Eh, I mean I did post a version of it with just Red Hood above. And you could always use the artwork from Death In The Family to replace where Batman was originally.

But if you feel like the first one is the way to go, I'd say go for it then.

Wasted space because of stupid google.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I've got an edit I've been sitting on for a while now. It's Batman Red Hood combined with some of the additional footage provided in Batman: Death in the Family. It's a pretty simple edit I don't think anyone has done yet (correct me if I'm wrong).

The change list isn't much of a list....

- I added the scene of Bruce talking to Alfred about putting Jason in the field before he was ready and Jason running off.
- Added the scene of Bruce thinking back to what his father said about Gotham locking up someone like Zorro.
- Added "excellent detective work son" scene with Bruce and Jason.
- Added the scene of Bats telling Robin to stay here and no to go after the Joker without him.
- One minor scene deleted out of necessity (I doubt it'll be missed).

All the additions are before the opening credits roll. From there I let the movie play out. Once the end credits roll, I got creative with adding some mid credit and post credit scenes I'd rather not spoil. I looked throughout Batman: Death In The Family and I thought there was some really cool scenes that would work to expand the story/ending. So that's it. Pretty basic edit but it's my preferred version of Red Hood. It's approximately eleven minutes added to the runtime. It's a straight re-edit. My skills are limited so I'm spending all my time on getting seamless transitions because one bad transition can ruin an entire film/fan edit imo.

I'm a total rookie but unless I'm forgetting something (mods fill me in), I'll be submitting it soon.
I’m excited for this! This is a awesome idea!

Back
Top Bottom