• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman - Dluppers Fan Edit

I have a hard bandwidth cap from my isp. 4gb files are not on the agenda for me.

If someone who has the dvd could rip it to 700mb xvid and pop it on demonoid, that would be much appreciated also.

Dluppers - thought I'd mention that I did finally download this and will try to watch it sometime in the near future. I did burn it and did a quick peek, and found for some reason that the DVD player in my living room won't play the movie. It loads the menu and will allow access to the chapter page, but no matter how I try to access the actual movie, my player freezes up. The weird thing is that it plays fine on my computer, and also on a cheaper (but newer) dvd player we have in an exercise room. Strange. I guess there's just something about it my main player doesn't like.

At any rate, looking forward to watching it while riding the exercise bike. Thanks again for making an NTSC version. Now if I could just get someone to make a NTSC version of Jambe's Building Empire :)

Dluppers,

I have finally finished watching and my experience was extremely positive. I do have a few minor quibbles with how it plays out, but keep in mind I had to watch this 30 minutes or so at a time over a week or two, so I may have missed something - please feel free to correct me if I have.

As mentioned before I had to watch this on a small TV (maybe 15") since my main DVD player freezes when trying to play the movie. As such I can't really comment on video quality. I also can't comment on audio quality, since I was always watching one room down from a sleeping baby.

Regarding the video, am I crazy or is this 4:3? I can't really tell since my crappy DVD player can only zoom in, not out, and the crappy tv doesn't have any zoom control. Anyway, it's a 4:3 tv and with a typical widescreen movie I get the black bars on top and bottom, but that didn't happen with this DVD. Just wondering.

Now....

The opening credits were just fantastic. The concept is wonderful and you executed very well. It really got my attention, saying to me "here comes something different."

The editing back and forth between the movies was very well done. In general it made logical sense and carried a good balance between the two films. I'm so glad that you chose this approach, because there was no need to present it in order (all of the editied movie 1 first, and then all of 2 edited after). For me, personally, both movies work great on their own and didn't really need to be edited. So to have you do something different like this really made it worth my time.

I never minded the Bruce/Vicki love story in the first movie, and I didn't even mind her in the batcave (although Alfred was risking termination). Having said that, I don't see how it would have worked to have Bruce involved with both Vicki and Selina in the same movie, and even if it could be worked out logically, it would have been too much. Removing the Bruce/Vicki love story works perfectly - well done!

Some of the things mentioned previously (snow versus no snow, changing batsuit, etc.) didn't bother me in the least.

I never saw your splitscreen end credits but your final end credits worked fine - I liked this concept much better.

A few minor quibbles - there were a few things that didn't quite make sense in the context of this edit. The city getting the bat signal so early in the movie seems odd to me. While necessary for the Batman Returns scene where they call Batman with it, it's a little odd given Batman's relationship with the city at that point in the movie. Also, Vicki and Bruce's relationship is so trimmed back that some of their brief interactions don't make sense. For instance, when Alfred tells Bruce that Vicki has called to say she'll be late to the art gallery, they haven't really been introduced to each other at this point (the introduction scene at Bruce's party was cut). I seem to recall a few other small things, but can't remember specifics. Regardless, it didn't detract too much from my enjoyment of the movie.

Overall, this was a great job of coming up with a worthwhile concept and making it work. Makes me glad I pushed for NTSC :)

blick57 said:
Dluppers,

I have finally finished watching and my experience was extremely positive. I do have a few minor quibbles with how it plays out, but keep in mind I had to watch this 30 minutes or so at a time over a week or two, so I may have missed something - please feel free to correct me if I have.

As mentioned before I had to watch this on a small TV (maybe 15") since my main DVD player freezes when trying to play the movie. As such I can't really comment on video quality. I also can't comment on audio quality, since I was always watching one room down from a sleeping baby.

Regarding the video, am I crazy or is this 4:3? I can't really tell since my crappy DVD player can only zoom in, not out, and the crappy tv doesn't have any zoom control. Anyway, it's a 4:3 tv and with a typical widescreen movie I get the black bars on top and bottom, but that didn't happen with this DVD. Just wondering.

Now....

The opening credits were just fantastic. The concept is wonderful and you executed very well. It really got my attention, saying to me "here comes something different."

The editing back and forth between the movies was very well done. In general it made logical sense and carried a good balance between the two films. I'm so glad that you chose this approach, because there was no need to present it in order (all of the editied movie 1 first, and then all of 2 edited after). For me, personally, both movies work great on their own and didn't really need to be edited. So to have you do something different like this really made it worth my time.

I never minded the Bruce/Vicki love story in the first movie, and I didn't even mind her in the batcave (although Alfred was risking termination). Having said that, I don't see how it would have worked to have Bruce involved with both Vicki and Selina in the same movie, and even if it could be worked out logically, it would have been too much. Removing the Bruce/Vicki love story works perfectly - well done!

Some of the things mentioned previously (snow versus no snow, changing batsuit, etc.) didn't bother me in the least.

I never saw your splitscreen end credits but your final end credits worked fine - I liked this concept much better.

A few minor quibbles - there were a few things that didn't quite make sense in the context of this edit. The city getting the bat signal so early in the movie seems odd to me. While necessary for the Batman Returns scene where they call Batman with it, it's a little odd given Batman's relationship with the city at that point in the movie. Also, Vicki and Bruce's relationship is so trimmed back that some of their brief interactions don't make sense. For instance, when Alfred tells Bruce that Vicki has called to say she'll be late to the art gallery, they haven't really been introduced to each other at this point (the introduction scene at Bruce's party was cut). I seem to recall a few other small things, but can't remember specifics. Regardless, it didn't detract too much from my enjoyment of the movie.

Overall, this was a great job of coming up with a worthwhile concept and making it work. Makes me glad I pushed for NTSC :)

thanks for putting in the time to review my edit,i really appreciate it.
firstly , the film is in widescreen 16/9 and has 5.1 surround sound,its a shame you couldn't watch it on a bigger screen,the dvd player would most likely of made it look 4/3 as you use a 4/3 tv.
i agree the films didn't need editing because dare i say it but i prefer these 2 films to the more resent batman films with Bale(please don't flame me) that is the reason i decided to do a different kind of edit with these films,as you saw there are a few niggling scenes but i'm happy you enjoyed it

I haven't seen the Dark Knight but I wasn't that impressed with Batman Begins either. It was OK but for me, it wasn't up to par with Burton.

Not sure what the issue is with the 4:3 versus widescreen. Any other widescreen movie I've watched on that tv (including the phantom edit) shows up with black bars, but for some reason yours didn't. Not really a big deal. I may risk wasting another blank dvd to try buring again and see if that works on my main dvd player, but it seems unlikely. It's probably some strange issue with the player. I'll probably have to wait until I get a new (Blu-ray) player to watch it in all its glory :)

I finally made my own dvd cover,nothing fancy
RESIZE3DBATMANDVDCOVER.jpg

DOWNLOAD - http://rapidshare.com/files/148435178/BATMAN_COVERS.rar

Cool!

I'm in the process of downloading the PAL version - I discovered that my main player can actually play PAL, which I didn't expect. So maybe I'll be able to watch this on a bigger screen after all...

This sounds amazing.

I have a question.

Are the PAL and NTSC releases at RS the same revision?
I'm pretty sure that they are but the PAL does say revision 2 and the NTSC doesn't.

Anyway, I'm lookin forward to watching this alot!

Thank you. :)

Hey, where could I find and download this? At some point I know that it was mentioned that it was on rapidshare, but rapidshare shut down in 2015.

@"jrWHAG42" - if this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Back
Top Bottom