• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman and Robin De-Assified

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by greencapt
original film name: Batman and Robin
Date Edit Was Released: 2005
Runtime: 66 min
Cutlist:

* The "Alfred is dying" subplot has been removed.
* A lot of the idiotic dialogue is gone. Not all, but most of it. And no "cartoony" sound effects.
* While the ice-skating scene remains, it is not as blatant. And we don't see B&R click their heels together to pop skates out of there boots.
* Very little Bane and we don't hear him saying "BAAAAAANNNNNEEEE" at any point. He is still a moronic henchman to Ivy.
* The whole "competition" between B&R is gone for the most part. Robin doesn't whine in this version and the petty bickering between the dynamic duo is gone.
* Batman speaks very little and comes off more "professional".
* As stated previously, Ivy remains the same. This is due to the fact that Ms. Thurman's entire performance is campy and over the top.
* Batgirl is still in the film. But her character has been reduced significantly.
* Freeze is now much more menacing and a bit darker. His stupid one-liners are cut to a minimum. Still not what you would want, but much better.
* All the stupid gangs and motorbike racing scenes were eliminated.
* The opening credits are more "Bond-like", in that the movie opens with B&R battling Freeze and then the opening credits roll once Robin is thawed out.
* Idiotic visual elements such as the Bat-skates, the Bat-credit card, butt and crotch shots, etc. have been removed.

(cutlist from :http://www.batman-on-film.com/review_jett_deassified.html)

DVD - Features:

* NTSC 66 minutes
* static menu

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

The movie runs a lot faster in pace and sticks to the main plot. You won't get fidgety anymore! There are NO subplots. No Batman and Robin bickering, and no Alfred is dying. Without these, the movie picks up speed and you WILL NOT loose interest! I myself have seen the original Batman & Robin about 20 times or more (I know... I know... that is way to many times) since it's release. While watching THIS version I picked up ALL of the cuts. There are so many cuts and changes that I can not come close to talking about all.

(taken from: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/sho ... ost6548897)

persons involved: greencapt

Batman_And_RobinDeAssifiedLARGE.jpg

http://fanedit.org/36/
Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

I have found an avi of this otherwise unavailable edit. Since it was likely made by someone else than the original editor, who I understand had uploaded only a DVD version, should this be uploaded to .info or not?

Any preservation effort is appreciated.

I checked my vault, I have this on DVD. I will rip, rar and post. May take a week or so before I get the links up, but they will be restored.

Cool. I had planned on getting around to this one as well. After seeing like 3 different edits of Batman Forever and finally realizing that the film could not be saved (for me, in my opinion), I'm curious to see what this edit does for Batman and Robin.

tylerdurden389 said:
Cool. I had planned on getting around to this one as well. After seeing like 3 different edits of Batman Forever and finally realizing that the film could not be saved (for me, in my opinion)
Just wait for this! ;)

BTW, feel free to PM me if you're interested in the links for the B&R .avi.

I remember this, it doesn't turn it into a work of art, but you have something like a 50 minute feature that is a throwback to the 60's series, but at the same time, not complete crap full of homo eroticism. :)

This has been re-uploaded and is on .info.

lloydy187 said:
Does anyone know where I can watch this edit? :)

If this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

Back
Top Bottom