• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Barbie (2023)

DirtyCop1036

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If I was told as a little boy, that one day, I'll be hyped for a Barbie movie, I would probably have hanged myself in the backyard.

I was dubious at first, but then I realised I wanted to watch the trailer again. then I realised that I liked what I saw and want to go watch this. Then I realised that I really like the look of it. then I became emotional and cried a little. I never had a Barbie as a child, I was given ghostbusters instead. house full of boys and no real female role model. I guess I really missed out. Well I guess I'm a fan anyhow and looking forward to the movie :)

I was curious about the film and read the plot on Wiki, yeah this one isn't for me.

I was curious about the film and read the plot on Wiki, yeah this one isn't for me.
Same, I was very curious when I saw the 2001 hommage in the trailer. It faded out after knowing about the story.

I just want this on record for this website- that Barbie was so super fucking funny and so good. Surprisingly dark, and profound in parts.

Loved it. No notes.
Same. Cried so many times. I also thought it was pretty damn cool how they highlighted not just women's issues, but men's issues and how we play off of each other.

Watched the trailer some time ago. Somebody would have to pay me quite a lot, to get me in theater for this.

Same. Cried so many times. I also thought it was pretty damn cool how they highlighted not just women's issues, but men's issues and how we play off of each other.
Yep, and that ending, phew. THE HOME VIDEO MONTAGE, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?

I mean, I'm a sucker for that. It works all the time on me. ALL THE TIME. I can't believe it.

(by the way, I really enjoyed your Shuri cut! It's terrific. I don't think I got the chance to give you my feedback! I didn't even notice about 40 minutes you streamlined out of that movie)

Finally had a chance to see this and it was an absolute blast!

Among the more reasonable reviews I've read, there seem to be a fair number saying the film lacks subtlety. While I agree, I see that more as a feature than a flaw. That's like accusing a Bill & Ted or Indiana Jones film of lacking subtlety. This film isn't subtle and never tries to be. It's fun, loud, hilarious, and fantastic!

Oh, and the casting is perfection.

Back
Top Bottom