• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Gaith said:
addiesin said:
For example, people bring up the Dark Knight all the time. It wouldn't have been possible if WB didn't think superhero films were worth making, and also wouldn't have been the same without specifically the Batman films that came before it.

Not to mention a downright wretched predecessor, IMHO, in Batman Begins.

addiesin said:
I'd rather have a big pile to sort through with some hidden gems in it than a tiny selection with the same good to bad ratio.

Hear, hear. I always point to pro sports, especially American football. I don't give a damn about the NFL, and mentally rolled my eyes whenever my former office would start dissecting the latest games, but I didn't wish, on the Internet or otherwise, that the institution would dramatically shrink, or even vanish. (Even though I think I could make solid arguments for why pro sports culture is bad for society in a way that dwarfs any potential downsides of comic book flicks.) I don't use this analogy to attack you, Canon Editor; rather, to promote a carefree, live-and-let live Zen attitude. ;)

Wait, wait, wait… what do I have to do with all of this?  
Anyways… no attack taken.  ;)

ThrowgnCpr said:
Gaith said:
addiesin said:
For example, people bring up the Dark Knight all the time. It wouldn't have been possible if WB didn't think superhero films were worth making, and also wouldn't have been the same without specifically the Batman films that came before it.

Not to mention a downright wretched predecessor, IMHO, in Batman Begins

I actually like Batman Begins the most of the three ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Me too!

^I feel the same, actually. The Dark Knight is just the one popularly associated with high quality in the public eye, so it made more sense as a shorthand example.

I actually love “Batman Begins” too, but “The Dark Knight” is extremely close behind it!

^What an amazing worthwhile thing to post in the "Avengers: Age of Ultron" thread.

Brb going to find the "Batman Begins" thread to talk about how I love the "Avengers" films.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom