• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery - Sanitized (v2 Now Available)

Thanks so much for the review Gatos!

Gatos said:
The editing was pretty good. I did catch myself saying a few times "isn't there supposed to be a line or gag here?" but that was a consequence of remembering the original, the editing was damn near invisible for this edit!

I'm so glad to hear that.

Oh and a parting word to Frink, "Sanitized" is misspelled at the very end credits! Yeah, I went there! :p

"Santized?"

:oops:

Just a head's up the MKV has the same echo issues, Noticed it first at ~16:20 when it cuts to dr evil's lair.

All three versions use the same ac3 audio, so they should all sound the same.

I'd love for someone to rip the original Blu audio and listen in Vegas. I'm pretty sure you're going to hear the exact same thing.

TV's Frink said:
All three versions use the same ac3 audio, so they should all sound the same.

I'd love for someone to rip the original Blu audio and listen in Vegas. I'm pretty sure you're going to hear the exact same thing.

Will do. Give me an hour or and I will post some feedback for you

Thank you, I appreciate it.

FWIW, it wasn't that big of a deal, it just sounded a bit "too" echoey. I wouldn't have even mentioned it but then [MENTION=8664]L8wrtr[/MENTION] brought it up! Such a trouble maker that guy! :p

Oh, that guy makes me sick. And he's never even bothered to try helping me with anything!

My review from IFDB:

So my thoughts while watching this and reviewing the cut list are that maybe this is not the AP movie that Frink should have started with. The potty humor in this one is really not that egregious and I really missed a couple of the scenes. I always get a good chuckle out of the post-thawing piss. I guess 'cause it reminds me of my morning pisses. I also thought you took out the best part of the Will Farrell death scene. When he says "you shot me" it never fails to crack me because of the surprised sound in his voice. Austin's fart poem and Fagina's reply "that was beautiful" was also missed. Those were the main three part I definitely missed. Everything else wasn't really missed, especially the bathroom scene with Tom Arnold, which I was personally happy to see shortened.

The cuts seemed completely seamless to me, so kudos to your editing skills. however, I took note of the enhanced echo sounds in certain scenes and found it very distracting, but as discussed this may be due to the source material and not the editors fault. FYI - I was watching the MKV.

Really the one to start with should have been "The Spy Who Shagged Me" which contains way more than its fair share of gross out humor.

This should definitely be checked out and I recommend it for those who find the potty humor to be distracting. Personally, I have to say I prefer the original of this one, but I am looking forward to checking out "The Spy Who Shagged Me."

Thank you for the review [MENTION=15015]Fanedit[/MENTION] :) Don't worry, I hope to get to Spy That Shagged Me soon enough.

Ok, juice4z0 sent me this:

I really don't know what is going on with my version. The problem seems to actually be in the Front L-R channels, when I isolate those two channels in Vegas the super-echo is present, when I mute those two channels and just play C and Rear L-R it's gone. It seems like it's not a sync problem, because the echo is there independent of the C channel. Of course that doesn't explain how juice was able to export from Vegas with it sounding right and I can't...so I don't know.

In fact, I just listened to the source wavs outside of Vegas and the Front L and R sound just as echo-y in vlc as they do in Vegas. That would seem to rule out a sync problem, as well as ruling out my Vegas settings as the problem.

The only other thing I can think to do is send someone my source audio files to have them listen, but I'm not sure if that would tell me anything.

I'm stumped.

^Strange that the echo only appears when Dr. Evil is speaking. When Mustafa is speaking there is no echo.

Finally checked the DVD, and yeah, I'm getting that small echo where indicated. As FC commented, it's strange that it is only for Dr. Evil. I can't check against the BD, as I only have the older retail DVD, but the video comparison seems to indicate that it isn't present in the BD. Might I ask, what format the BD audio is in (DTS or AC3)? How was it transcoded to six WAV files?

Again, I want to apologize for not giving the DVD a full watch before giving Frink the thumbs-up. I totally missed this in my spot-check :(

BD audio is AC3. I followed your HD prep guide, although I don't remember if I used eac3to or besweet to transcode to wav. Not sure what juice did on his transcode.

And again, I wouldn't feel bad for not catching it for me. Honestly, I've done so much unsuccessful testing over the past day that I'm not sure I can fix it anyway. The only thing left to try is to restart from scratch on the rip and transcode. If that gives me the same result, no amount of checking would have mattered.

OK. I assume juice didn't actually do any transcoding, just rip and snip. It would be good to run through besweet and/or eac3to to compare. FWIW, I always use besweet for AC3 audio.

I don't follow any suggested means of getting my audio ready. I use a program called xvid4psp to convert my audio from the .m2ts to a vegas friendly file.

As for the comparison i threw the .m2ts into xvid4psp and rendered only that scene into an Mp4 then threw it into vegas.

I think the comparison will only be valid if you transcode to six mono wavs. Otherwise it's not a direct comparison, right?

TV's Frink said:
I think the comparison will only be valid if you transcode to six mono wavs. Otherwise it's not a direct comparison, right?

This program basically does that for me. It breaks down the audio and then repacks it in a new container. It's out of sync in the video because i didn't pay attention in vegas.

Well, at any rate, it seems like the encoded files can be removed from my HD since there seems to be no format-specific complaints about the mkv or DVD. I don't think anyone has watched the AVCHD, but since I really only made that for myself anyway, I'm gonna call it good.

Regarding the echo, I'm still going to try re-ripping the Blu and see if it sounds the same using Besweet. The only other thing I can think to try is to use juice's workflow and see how it sounds that way. After that, I'm going to give up.

Back
Top Bottom