• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Audio silence after forward or backwards seek

z-vap

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I decided to try and edit an existing Fanedit, and insert a scene that I thought was needed. However when I render this I am noticing that the audio is silent for about 5 seconds after I move the seek bar in my video player.

I am using Sony Vegas Pro 11. I took the m2ts streams from two existing edits, and I spliced in a scene from the one into the other. Basically I took L8wrtr's SOTS and Q2 Fall of the Jedi. I took a few minutes from Q2's and pasted it into L8wrtr's.

If I am correct, both films are 1920x1080x32 60i. I basically opened each one into the program, did my edits, and then I followed the boon sticky at the top of this subforum to get the properties close to where they should be (HD 1080-24p (1920x1080, 23.976 fps), set Pixel format to 32bit, then changed the Video Properties for each event to "Disable Resampling." The video preview shows my video as 1920x1080x128 23.976p but I don't think that should be a problem (should it)

Anyway I then rendered 10 minutes of it to AVCHD 1920x1080x60i, which was not a setting that "Matched Project Settings". I am trying to get the settings to be as close to what the source material was originally. I think I've succeeded there; I think I have got something that works. But I don't like the fact that I am detecting 5 seconds of silence after I move seek bar in my player.

I've only rendered about 10 minutes of the video, but with the audio acting the way it is, I am fearful that something else more drastic may occur after doing the whole 90 minutes. Any clue what I can do to correct this?

Thanks

EDIT: Just as I thought, the more I seek through the video the more out of sync the audio becomes.

What media player are you using? Also, are the audio and video streams muxed together (for example an MKV) or are the streams separate (an M2TS and an AC3 loaded together into your player)? If the streams are separate, there's your issue. Media Player Classic does that to me too, and for the life of me I can't figure out why, but it just is what it is. There shouldn't be a problem once you render it to disc, but just to see, try rendering it to a WMV or something to see what happens.

Sony Vegas muxed them together as an m2ts file. I copied the file over to my XBMC media player and audio would get all out of whack. On my workhorse PC I was using MPC-HC

The M2TS might be the problem. It's not really a format that was meant for playback on a media player, so you're going to have some issues with it. Once you author a disc of some sort you'll be fine, but I would stick to AVI or WMV or something of that sort to preview changes.

I want to use what will give me the best quality. I tend to shy away from both of those formats only from what i've heard, not from any personal experience. I did try an AVC file but nothing could play it. Maybe I'll choose the MPEG-4 choice at the end (XDE-something)

I understand completely on wanting the highest quality. Those formats aren't always the best as far as final output goes, but if you're just previewing a ten minute segment for yourself, you don't need to have the absolute highest quality. I preview all of my clips and workprints from a WMV rendered at about 5 mbps. Once you go to do the final export, your finished version, then you can focus on getting a high quality render. As long as you're working from a high quality base source, you won't have much trouble getting something good at the end.

Back
Top Bottom