• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Audio Input Issues

Xandion

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am working on my first ever video editing project (so obviously my first fanedit project) and I am have some issues with my audio streams. I attempted to search here and other places for a fix but had little luck. I extracted the audio from the source using eac3to to create a .w64 file which I then imported into Vegas under 5.1 mode. However, as can be seen in the image below there are only four channels showing up instead of 6. I didn't think this would be a huge issue because I figured it was still sound fine. Turns out I was wrong after exporting it.

The center channel below is the one where most of the actual dialogue sounds are coming from and the "Voice" channel is actually mostly music and sound effects (with some faint dialogue). The two real issues I am having are, there is no rear audio track and the dialogue audio is faint and hollow/echoy (not a word). I was thinking one the existing channels (possibly the "Voice" channels) is actually the rear channel. But I am not sure how to go about fixing dialogue. Should I swap the "Center" and "Voice" channels? Or did I screw up the import and need to start all over?

TL;DR - Where is my rear channel and how do i make the dialogue audio sound normal like the source?

2pkb.png

You still have 6 channels. Your front 2 and rear 2 are just displayed in the same Vegas row but you've clearly got 6 lines of sound there. That is totally normal, for comparison 2.0 stereo audio normally shows both audio tracks on the same line.

Looks like your rear audio channels are on line labeled voice based on the square picture with speaker locations

Okay that makes sense. I moved the "Voice" row up to the "Rear" row and the "Center" down to "Voice". This made the whole project sound about what I expected...The "Voice" row actually has the surround pan button on center,center. So I think it may be achieving the same result as the "Center" row but I went ahead and moved it anyway. Thanks for the input!

I've noticed that quirk in Vegas too. When you import a .w64 file, the rear channels are always shifted one track below where you would expect them to be.

Back
Top Bottom