• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Attack of the Clones - The Spence Edit Available Now!

Hey everybody. Was hoping for some help, I'm downloading the Spence cut with Jdownloader, and it's telling me that all the files are online except for part 14, which is listed as offline and file not found, any thoughts or assistance would be great.

Confirmed.

Can anyone with a premium account re-up this? If not, I may have the DVD and can rebuild the rars and up to MU.

Found it...I'll up it to MU.

Question time.

I created .rar files of 200 MB size using WinRAR. I was expecting all files to be the same size except for the last file (part 21). However, while most files were 204,800 kb, part 6 is 203,114 kb and part 18 is 203,455 kb. I created an .md5 file using hkSFV and it reports all 21 files as good.

:?

Does it sound like there might be a problem or am I good to upload?

if you refresh the view you will see they are all the same size.

Well, whaddya know...thanks boon. :)

I'll upload this tomorrow.

Uploaded. Admin please PM for links.

And for those who can't wait, here's some links for you too...

links.gif

view-over-golf-links-to-whitby-184144.jpg

sausage_links.jpg

link2.gif

The link on the star wars page for this edit is wrong, when you click the URL it brings up the page for Spence's episode III cut.

this needs to be annotated to /8648/

This edit is now available on MU. If you downloaded from RS previously but couldn't get the missing rar, you'll have to start over (I think).

Also, the problem on .info that Omaru1982 pointed out is still there, if an admin could fix that it would be appreciated.

The incorrect link will be corrected with the next site update, scheduled for this weekend.

Due to lack of any decent Attack of the Clones edits (I've seen Attack of the Phantom, but find it took lacking in cuts), I've decided to download Spence's.
I've been hesitant quite some time, mostly because of AOTC being my least favourite SW film, but Spence's cut list looks quite promising. So, to both Frink and Spence; thank you very much for the MU links, and the detailed and very promising cut list respectively. I'll get a review (and score) up on .org as soon as possible.

This may be a little late, but this edit is awesome! The whole movie flows much better now. There is a seriousness to the film now that was lacking before. And the most amazing part of this edit is that the romance between Anakin and Padme is actually believable! Anakin does not come off as creepy, is not annoying or childish... very well done! My biggest problem in the original was that there was no way she would like him. He was just weird and annoying. They never showed me any reason why they would be together. In the Spence edit, suddenly it all seems to make sense. You took a stinker and turned it into a good movie! This is my definitive version. Thanks bro.

thank you for the review!

I’m on a renewed prequel fan edit kick (burned out on them in 2009 I think). Kerr felt my wrath already (not really - I loved his Dark Force Rising just as much).
I’ll first admit to being shallow. I was meandering through all of these pieces of art by all of these very talented people, saw Spence’s Episode II and Kerr’s Episode III, and thought, “hey, those are the shortest ones.”
And there’s the selection criteria.
I have no problem with short. In this case, in particular, I freaking love short.
This is a much more elegant take on the previously bloated and beleaguered Ep. II. Spence achieves his purpose well especially with regard to Anakin. In the scenes with Padme, he actually seems like a somewhat charming kid. Since a lot of expository and ridiculous dialogue is removed, we get to see Padme and Anakin doing things together and actually bonding. The reinserted scenes with Padme’s home and family certainly convey the message that these two kids are going to hook up way better than whatever goofy garbage was in there before. You know what I mean – flaming hearth, dominatrix outfit, dialogue delivery not worthy of a 4th grade Christmas pageant. It has been evicted. These kids are really falling in love now. No more Anakin as whiny baby creepo. No more wondering what kind of horrible treatment Padme was subjected to as a child to make her fall for this maladjusted turd of a person that Lucas made Anakin in the original. He’s a nice kid, maybe a little confused. She digs him. Simple. Elegant. Well done.
I wonder though if it would have been even better had Anakin not told his future wife that he slaughtered an entire colony of Tuskens. “I love you sweetie and I want to be with you. I don’t care what the Jedi say. Also, I slaughtered a bunch of innocent women and children with my lightsaber. Marry me!”
It’s just a thought. I still really like the way Spence did it.
I know a few other editors have excised Yoda fighting with a lightsaber. It works here just as well. I didn’t miss it. In fact, I wasn’t even thinking about it as all the action moved along. I remember seeing Episode II in a theater on opening night and laughing my arse off when Yoda starts to fight. I know that it’s not supposed to be funny, but it’s an utterly ridiculous scene the most serious point in the movie. Dude just got an arm chopped off, two Jedi heroes lying in a heap, and here comes an 81-year-old man battling a cartoon character? No. I would like it if there were a way to keep the force battle in and just remove the lightsaber portion, but I’m not sure that’s plausible. Regardless, removing the entire Yoda sequence holds true to the more logical flow of the movie for which Spence is aiming.
I really believe that Lucas tried for some kind of profundity in all of the prequels. Unfortunately, he attempted to convey the weight of various moments through unnecessary or repetitive expository dialogue and a bunch of “look-what-I-do-mom!” action sequences. Spence cures this issue as best he can. We’re left mostly with dialogue and happenings that move the plot and elegantly, without beating us over the head with the obvious, convey the weight of what’s going on.
I didn’t hear any wonky audio edits and the video cuts were smooth for the most part.
I gave it a 9/10.

Thank you for the review! I actually have a version 2 of this planned in the future, to improve the technical aspects of it, and there's a few cuts I want to consider. Most of the things you mentioned I'm actually intending to do.

I don't know how you feel about Return of the Jedi, but my new edit of that in the works is about 1hr. 30min. as well. Pacing and length are entirely different things. A well paced short movie can be just as satisfying as a well paced long movie. If it's good, you won't be thinking about how long it is.

Really looking forward to this edit. The MU links seem to require a password. What's up with that?

I hope you enjoy the edit!

Hi there, I just tried downloading this... Part06.rar of the archive will not download for me. Password in FAQ lol.

Back
Top Bottom