• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Attack of the Clones Reviewed

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
RedLetterMedia's Attack of the Clones Review is out:
http://www.blancscreencinema.com/redlet ... lones.html

And a "news" item:
http://www.movieline.com/2010/04/attack ... -hater.php

__________________________________________________ ________________________

The truly epic review/critique/analysis/film making educational video of the 2002 film "Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones" This is the long longed for sequel to the famous PHANTOM MENACE REVIEW by the same creator.

original film name:Star Wars: Episode II - Attack Of The Clones
new film name :Star Wars: Attack Of the Clones Reviewed
film studio name :Twentieth Century-Fox
edit crew name :RedLetterMedia
Date Original Film Was Released :2002
Date Edit Was Released on FE:April 2010
Original Runtime :142 minutes
New Runtime :90 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added :you can't put it that way
Cuts removed/added/extended :removed: check, added: check, extended:hell, no

Fanedit details :
NTSC SL DVD
anamorphic widescreen
ac-3 2.0 audio
created from 9 youtube videos, until a better quality version is available
can be either watched as complete or as the 9 single parts
menus with sound

Purpose of this fanedit:
Here it is folks! Finally! My epic review of Star Wars: Episode 2 Attack of the Clones. Part review satire, part parody, part commentary, all prequel hating vitriolic comedy. This transformative work delves into this film in detail as well as more general topics about why the prequels didn't quite "work" for most audiences. Part one is an overview about expectations and how the audience is left in the dark to fend for themselves as far as figuring out what's happening in the movie.

Hardware and software information : not known
boon23: for the DVD creation I used avisynth and virtualdub filters to get rid of some noise, corrected the black levels (as the youtube videos are very milky), cropped to what was possible for a widescreen format (sorry for the sidebars, but it was either that or full-screen), changed the format where it was necessary to properly display fullscreen scenes, converted carefully to mpg, created cover art and DVD menus for a neat presentation.

overall I think the quality is really ok considering the youtube source. This one will not be watched for its awesome sound or video quality, but for its awesome content.

The original creator has not been contacted by me for higher quality source files or for his very own DVD version this time, because he did not respond last time (except for asking if we intend to sell his work), so this was given up.
Time needed for the edition: must have been VERY long
persons involved: RedLetterMedia, DVD authored by boon23
Additional information links: you can find all the youtube videos here:
"]

cover art by boon23 (download here)
3D_aotcReview_cover_by_boon23.jpg

downloadable from fanedit.info, streamed on youtube

Crap - when I saw this, I thought boon had made a DVD version already!

Is there a demand for that?

Only if the review itself is fan-edited to cut down on the flab and minimize the increasingly unfunny violence-against-women references. :)

Well, and not even then, tbh. Though I would like to see such a version on youtube. :wink:

I'd also like to see the violence against clones cut out

/I've been reading fark today
//Fark provokes smart-ass remark reflexes :grin:

ThrowgnCpr said:
boon23 said:
Is there a demand for that?
yes :) though I would hardly call it a demand ;)
What Throw said.

And I know this makes little to no sense, but what about the Avatar review as a bonus feature?

I second frinks response!

I third frinks response!

;)

for all those slagging the guys humor about violence towards women- remember- those women chose to be in the review and you could tell they all had a blast making the movie.

he also includes politically incorrect humor towards Jews, minorities, and homosexuals but your singling out the misogyny is kind of hypocritical

he just has a fun warped sense of humor.
'Harry Plinket' is a character from those olson twin direct-to-video sing along things they used to put out.
why watch his stuff if you dont like this kind of sense of humor?

i just find that strange.

now its time for you all to go into the refrigerator filled with flesh-eating cockroaches!

sometimes I just miss emoticons.

lairilwa said:
he also includes politically incorrect humor towards Jews, minorities, and homosexuals but your singling out the misogyny is kind of hypocritical
How is that hyprocrisy? It's merely selective reaction.

Uncanny Antman said:
lairilwa said:
It's hypocrisy if you're a Jew, minority, or homosexual.
;)

I enjoyed the Red Letter Media's review very much. I laughed out-loud a good number of times. The scene where he desperately wants to show something to his captive wrapped in a black plastic rubbish bag was very funny.

I also think the captive girl was really well acted. She has good comic timing especially with the line about "turning tricks".

All in all really great stuff. Talented guy!!!

Uncanny Antman said:
lairilwa said:

Exactly!

I agree with Mollo. I found it amusing! The only thing I didn't like about the humorous scenes was that they dragged on a little. It's a bit like how I feel about the Carry On films. I find the humor funny for about twenty minutes, but then it's a case of, "Enough already!"

Part 1 is down but none preserved it...
Because the review was the number one video on youtube, it would seem Cartoon Network wants to get a piece of the attention so they've submitted what seems to be a completely false copyright claim. There is no CN video material in the Part 1 AotC review, don't know the source of the background sounds, but that's no reason to question the video. This is a False Claim and hopefully someone will take notice of this faulty practice.

here's a copy of the video:

http://noneinc.com/Archive/RedLetterMed ... 1%20of%209)%20Star%20Wars%20Episode%202_%20Attack%20of%20the%20Clones%20Review.mp4

Captain Khajiit said:
It's a bit like how I feel about the Carry On films. I find the humor funny for about twenty minutes, but then it's a case of, "Enough already!"

Yeah but Carry On... Up the Khyber is the near perfect movie!!! :)

there will be a DVD of this soon. I have all the videos and am converting them already.
Avatar review will not be on this, but saved for a later project containing RLM reviews about various movies (not star wars).

Awesome x2! Thanks boon :)

Mollo said:
Captain Khajiit said:
It's a bit like how I feel about the Carry On films. I find the humor funny for about twenty minutes, but then it's a case of, "Enough already!"

Yeah but Carry On... Up the Khyber is the near perfect movie!!! :)

You have just picked out my favorite Carry On film! :) I agree that that is the great exception. I find the rest hard to sit through.

Boon, I'm sure that the DVD will be well received. :)

Back
Top Bottom