• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

April 2011 FanEdit of the Month Poll (Tie Breaker)

Please vote for the FanEdit of the Month for April 2011 (Tie Breaker)

• Alien-Ate by TMBTM

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Northwest Passage by Q2

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
In one hand you have an edit from an acclaimed movie franchise and in the other, an edit from an acclaimed television show. The amount of time and technical skill that went into the both of these fan-edits is truely remarkable. Both of you understand your craft and it shows in the end product. Both of you should be proud no matter what! :D

**(Dowloaded the DVD's)**

Video
Alien-Ate: The video was very good, especially some of the color correction that was done and some of the effects that were blended in with the film. Still not quite sure on the cinematography of the film, but overall the video was fine. Good job.

8 out 10 stars

Northwest Passage: Sometimes the video fluctuated from great to just average, but of course it was the whole re-cropping of the show in the 16x9 format that more than makes up for any picture inconsistencies. Now the show has that cinematic look to it and it really looks like you are watching a movie of the tv show.

8 out of 10 stars

Audio
Alien-Ate: The audio too me was absolutely perfect. No hard cuts, no bad fades, etc. Just quality sound work that I have come to expect from TMBTM. Excellent!

10 out of 10 stars

Northwest Passage: The audio here is almost just as good. Just a couple audio pops, but other than that everything is clear and concise. Voices and dialogue can be heard without having to grab the remote and the music doesn't come in too strong or overpowering. Nice!

9 out of 10 stars

Editing
Alien-Ate: What can be said any further in this regard then just wow! TMBTM never ceases to amaze in this regard. From his subtle trims and cuts, to his magnificant special effects that make you feel that this was how the movie should have been. Outstanding!

10 out of 10 stars

Northwest Passage: To be able to take 2 seasons worth of episodes and construct a very well put together consistent narrative is truely remarkable. By just excising the subplots and minor characters that are lack of a better word just filler should be commended. Fantastic!

10 out of 10 stars

Entertainment
Alien-Ate: In the end this was a movie that is really hard to turn into a great movie. Everything about it seemed off. Like it didn't quite seem to fit along with the rest of the franchise. TMBTM came through with a valiant effort and for the most part he made it work for the better. Definitely not a better movie, but certainly more entertaining than the original.

8 out of 10 stars

Northwest Passage: This was an edit where I felt truely engrossed from start to finish. Maybe it is the weird fascinating characters that David Lynch created or the one singular plot thread that ran all through this fan-edit...Who killed Laura Palmer? Thunderclap took 2 seasons and made a real nail biter of a fan-edit. I guess it is reminding me of that new excellent show on AMC, The Killing. Very similar in approach...great visuals, great characters, and all wrapped up in a mystery surrounding the death of girl. Excellent work!

10 out of 10 stars

---------------------------------

Two administrators....Two gifted fan-editors....Two excellent edits....Only one can win!

Oh boy, what to do? :?

I would hate to be the one that has to break this tie breaker because again both fan-edits are truely special to watch, but in the end I have come to a very tough decision.

The one that gets my vote for FEOTM and the one that kept me entertained until the very last frame is....

~Drum roll please~

.... Northwest Passage: A Twinpeaks Fanedit by Thunderclap

Now my bed is calling me because 5+ hours is a hell of long time to waste for one fan-edit, but in the end it was totally worth it! Damn you thunderclap for creating such an engrossing fan-edit....Damn you!! LOL. :p Congrats!

This is...unprecedented. Congrats are in order to both it seems!

STANKPAC said:
Two administrators...

STANKPAC said:
The one that gets my vote for FEOTM and the one that kept me entertained until the very last frame is....

~Drum roll please~

.... Northwest Passage: A Twinpeaks Fanedit by Thunderclap

STANKPAC said:
:banplease:

;)

STANKPAC said:
Now my bed is calling me because 5+ hours is a hell of long time to waste for one fan-edit, but in the end it was totally worth it! Damn you thunderclap for creating such an engrossing fan-edit....Damn you!! LOL. Congrats!

Thank you for the review, and I'm please you liked it. Sorry for keeping you up. :)

Stankpac just barely missed getting his vote into the system by the deadline for the poll, however it is clear that he put a great deal of thought into his review, and clearly he made the dedicated effort to ensure that he watched both edits before voting. In light of that, and that the spirit of the poll is more important than a deadline, the final score of the tie-breaker poll is:

Alien-Ate by TMBTM: 15 votes
Northwest Passage: 16 votes.

Congratulations Thunderclap/Q2 on the earning Fanedit of the Month honors, and also to The Man Behind the Mask, Alien-Ate deserves the praise and recognition as yet another top-notch fanedit.

And finally, thank you to everyone who took the time to watch these and all our community's fanedits. The Fanedit of the Month has in the last year transformed from a contest with sparse participation, to one that consistently receives 50+ votes, and this reflects on the great community here at Fanedit.org.

May's contest will be posted shortly.

Congratulations Thunder:clap2:

Thank you. And congratuations to you TMBTM! It was a great race!

Back
Top Bottom