• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Anyone know any films like The Invisble Man 1933?

Samael Lynch

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've recently fallen in love with this universal monster film and just love how insane Jack Griffin is here. Sadly the sequels lost all the insanity and humour I loved in the first film.
Does anyone have any other films with absolutly insane and hilarious main charcters?

That’s a tough one. Maybe some Vincent Price films will scratch that itch? I’m assuming you’ve checked out the other Universal Monster characters and their films?

That’s a tough one. Maybe some Vincent Price films will scratch that itch? I’m assuming you’ve checked out the other Universal Monster characters and their films?
Yeah I've been waking my way through Vicent Price's work he's the horror king. The rest of the universal monsters stuff is great as well just not so great as Invisble man you know?

It's the same as with The Thing 1982 for me. I haven't found a film quite like it and don't think I ever will.

You may get a kick out of 1932's The Old Dark House, from the same director of The Invisible Man. No character as bonkers as Jack Griffin there, but a lot of the same kind of humor.

You may get a kick out of 1932's The Old Dark House, from the same director of The Invisible Man. No character as bonkers as Jack Griffin there, but a lot of the same kind of humor.
Jack Griffin is god. But I'll check this out! Sounds like a good time. Thanks mate

Have you seen Darkman? It's essentially Sam Raimi's take on a Universal monster movie. If you look at the character, he's obviously meant to look like the Invisible Man. I haven't actually seen the Invisible Man movies so I can't entirely compare it, but at the very least I can say that it has somewhat of an insane main character.
@MusicEd921 you're obviously familliar with Darkman, would you say that it's fair to compare it, or am I totally off the mark?

That’s actually good comparison, though Darkman is a bit of an anti-hero compared to Griffin’s villain, but yeah.

Raimi was also inspired by the Phantom of the Opera for Darkman, which is what attracted me to it. Worth a look @Samael Lynch for sure!

Have you seen Darkman? It's essentially Sam Raimi's take on a Universal monster movie. If you look at the character, he's obviously meant to look like the Invisible Man. I haven't actually seen the Invisible Man movies so I can't entirely compare it, but at the very least I can say that it has somewhat of an insane main character.
@MusicEd921 you're obviously familliar with Darkman, would you say that it's fair to compare it, or am I totally off the mark?
Darkman has been on my watchlist for ages now, should finally watch it.

That’s actually good comparison, though Darkman is a bit of an anti-hero compared to Griffin’s villain, but yeah.

Raimi was also inspired by the Phantom of the Opera for Darkman, which is what attracted me to it. Worth a look @Samael Lynch for sure!
I'll check it out for sure

I've recently fallen in love with this universal monster film and just love how insane Jack Griffin is here. Sadly the sequels lost all the insanity and humour I loved in the first film.
Does anyone have any other films with absolutly insane and hilarious main charcters?
Hollow Man ;)

Have you seen Abbott & Costello Meet the Invisible Man? Its a straight up comedy and the title "Man" does go quite insane at times. That's about the most similar film to the original I've seen, ironically enough.

Have you seen Abbott & Costello Meet the Invisible Man? Its a straight up comedy and the title "Man" does go quite insane at times. That's about the most similar film to the original I've seen, ironically enough.
Sounds like a good time, I'll check it out,
Thanks mate.

Back
Top Bottom