• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Anyone here able to help with some editing? You're my only hope....

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys!
So i had a friend that's quite handy with video editing to have a go at this project for me and while we got the video part PERFECT we couldn't get the audio quite right.
Basically the project is to do this- Fast, Free Video Hosting & Video Sharing - VideoBam but in HD using the 1080p blurays as source files BUT using the audio from the 720p Vision rips (The ones from before the bluray release), for the Darth vader "Noooo" bit to get rid of that horrible little bit. The 720p video for the "nooo" part can be used instead of just the audio if that makes it any easier.
Also there were a few very small changes that we made. Namely the addition of Anakin slicing windu's arm off (Just the few frames where he brings the lightsaber up and cuts through Windu's arm) which from memory was just before we see Windu force lightning'd out the windu... I mean window
smiley.gif
Sorry i couldn't help that lol.
The part where Dooku blasts him, slow that down just a smidge. Also instead of showing luke saying "I am a jedi...." just have the audio play not quite as loud as the regular dialogue audio but not too far off. That's about it
smiley.gif

The completed extraction file will be quite large and you'll need to encode/compress it preferably using QEBS6 or maybe QEBS5 to get it down to 3.99gb again
smiley.gif

If there's anyone that thinks they have the skills to be up to this challenge, please let me know
smiley.gif

using the audio from the 720p Vision rips (The ones from before the bluray release), for the Darth vader "Noooo" bit to get rid of that horrible little bit.

Using the 720p re-encodings that you refer to is against this site's rules, but fortunately you shouldn't need them because the audio was almost certainly that from the 2004 SE DVD releases. If you were to track down copies of those and use them as sources for the audio, I'm sure people here would be happy to help you with this and any other changes you might wish to make.

Yeah, definitely not 720p.

Have you watched any of the star wars fanedits on this site? There are a great many already made to choose from that incorporate your ideas and so much more. Everyone has differing opinions about which versions they prefer. My definitive list of edits I would recommend you watch are:

Ep 1: Shadow of the Sith
Ep2: Attack of the Phantom
Ep3: Revenge of the Sith (special edition by Stankpac)
ep4: Revisited

I've watched the youtube links of a couple and tried using the downloading thing that you guys use. The ridiculous menace has been downloading for 2 days and keeps seeming to get stuck lol.
My personal definitive edition would be this one :)
There is some awesome work here though! I just want this one for my personal edition lol :)

Aus_Jedi_Killer said:
I've watched the youtube links of a couple and tried using the downloading thing that you guys use. The ridiculous menace has been downloading for 2 days and keeps seeming to get stuck lol.
Try one of the other hosts.

You have a vision, great. I would never want to deter someone from making their vision a reality. Make it! There are many guides here about how to do your own video editing. But Don't come here asking for somebody else to make your vision when you haven't watched a single star wars edit on this site yet.

Aus_Jedi_Killer said:
Hey mate how do i do that? I've never used this software before and it kinda baffles me lol
Not the right thread for this discussion, but info has more than 1 DLC. Just try one of the other two.

Back
Top Bottom