• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Any YouTube videos that have restored grain through software?

If only there was a free website you could visit to search for YouTube videos...

200.gif

If only there was a free website you could visit to search for YouTube videos...

200.gif
I’ll rephrased it did I worded it wrong on YouTube because I searched and I can’t seem to find any videos only videos about adding grain to videos that never had grain.

There a tons. The first question to ask is what NLE you have. Then to ask if it has film grain fx, then to ask what are the steps to apply it.

What NLE are you using?

There a tons. The first question to ask is what NLE you have. Then to ask if it has film grain fx, then to ask what are the steps to apply it.

What NLE are you using?
I worded it wrong I meant when it comes to films that have had the grain reduced like back to the future 1 and 2 raiders of the lost ark etc. see I want to see what regraining looks like on these films even if it’s just a couple of seconds of it.

I'd recommend loading up your movie and trying it out yourself. Then your question doesn't rely on waiting for someone else to do this.

I'd recommend loading up your movie and trying it out yourself. Then your question doesn't rely on waiting for someone else to do this.
I 1) don’t have a uhd blu ray player yet I wanted to wait until I can get a high quality player that’s under 100 dollars. 2) the tv I have right now don’t isn’t that high in hdr nits brightness. :(

Then it sounds like you couldn't really test it out for your purpose anyway? Why make requests for things you can't view?

Then it sounds like you couldn't really test it out for your purpose anyway? Why make requests for things you can't view?
No I meant comparing it to the uhd without adding the grain vs the grain like screenshotcomparison.com caps-a-holic etc. I’ve seen YouTube videos adding grain to newer videos but not when it comes to actual older movies.

YouTube will compress videos that you upload to the site, if a video has more grain or noise, it will be compressed and look more grainy.
Still not sure what the request is here or why

It's amazing that when I read the topic title I instantly knew it was you before I even looked to see.

That being said I think he's asking if somebody else has already done the work of adding grain back into old movies that have had it scrubbed away in new transfers and made comparisons because he's interested in it but not willing to do the work. Typical jmow stuff.

Which again could easily be googled, but they still haven't figured out how to use it. Maybe they should google how to use Google.

YouTube isn't very kind to film grain anyway with its compression.

Hey I have a question what is the compression on YouTube you guys are talking about i tried googling it but i couldn't figure out how to search right

Hey I have a question what is the compression on YouTube you guys are talking about i tried googling it but i couldn't figure out how to search right
I do know how to search on it I just don’t know what specific way I have to word it to find what I’m looking for so don’t act like Google is perfect because it’s not there are times you search for the exact it should be able to find but it never shows up or gives a complete different result etc. I when I phrase it the right way for videos on this I got exactly nothing. Google to me seems like it’s garbage some times it never seems to give me results for these specific things.

Watch any of those videos, and watch that those clips that they use for example, imagine that they are your favourite movies with DNR, that they're applying grain to.

It's the same process.

Watch any of those videos, and watch that those clips that they use for example, imagine that they are your favourite movies with DNR, that they're applying grain to.

It's the same process.
Oh the reason why I want to see it restored to back to the future 1 2 and raiders of the lost ark is because I only ever seen the back to the future Dcp grain compared to the uhd and wanted to see the back to the future Dcp vs the uhd re grained.

Back
Top Bottom