• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Any FE Podcasts...?

spoonito

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been obsessed with fan edits for years, but I'm wondering... does anyone know of a podcast devoted to fan edits and this community? Discussing and reviewing edits, interviewing creators, comparing and contrasting with original material... I'd love to find one but so far my search has been only for one-off here and there episodes of other broader podcasts. Any info would be greatly appreciated! You all do such incredible work and I want there to be a platform elevating and amplifying this thoroughly modern art form! ☺️
Nick

Malthus was going to do one but I believe they only made one episode.

Malthus recorded a few other episodes with different people I think (including myself), but unfortunately he had a massive loss of data which meant they would all need to be done again. Hopefully it can be picked up again sometime, as it's a good idea. I do actually have my side of the interview on my computer still, but it's just my voice and not Malthus'! So not much use, heh

I've got my little series where I intro my edits, and I talk about the making of the edits, info about the film and other general fun stuff. I have a good time and it's nothing too crazy. I want to do some more stuff with it, potentially bring some guests on, but we'll see!

I've been obsessed with fan edits for years, but I'm wondering... does anyone know of a podcast devoted to fan edits and this community? Discussing and reviewing edits, interviewing creators, comparing and contrasting with original material... I'd love to find one but so far my search has been only for one-off here and there episodes of other broader podcasts. Any info would be greatly appreciated! You all do such incredible work and I want there to be a platform elevating and amplifying this thoroughly modern art form! ☺️
Nick
A handful of editors have expressed an interest in creating one, but time and real life obligations have kept it from happening. Perhaps thisnis your moment to make it reality :)

I would prefer some nice articles or even interviews about fanediting, that I could read in work. Podcasts have no use for me - wasting more time than it is necessary for the same content and can't use it when I have time that I cant spend on editing anyway. Same reason I never watch any video reviews on youtube but read many reviews in written form.

I would prefer some nice articles or even interviews about fanediting, that I could read in work. Podcasts have no use for me - wasting more time than it is necessary for the same content and can't use it when I have time that I cant spend on editing anyway. Same reason I never watch any video reviews on youtube but read many reviews in written form.
Perhaps one could use an ai caption service to create a script that they could read?

Nick
I recently stumbled upon 'Feature This: a fanedit podcast'. It has been defunct for a long time now, but has a lot of the kind of stuff you are looking for. If you are interested by older movies of course! Let say this is a mild suggestion from me though. I don't always agree with what they say but they do a good analysis of the movies they have watched. One of them has been seen wandering this forum in the past as well.

I'll make sure to follow this thread to get other suggestions, hopefully

Way, way back there were about a half dozen episodes made by the community here. You can see the posts if you search the forum for "podcast". They were interesting, but it looks like the links are long gone. Maybe someone saved them and can post.

Maybe I should start it back up again. I've been thinking about it.

200w.gif

I've got my little series where I intro my edits, and I talk about the making of the edits, info about the film and other general fun stuff. I have a good time and it's nothing too crazy. I want to do some more stuff with it, potentially bring some guests on, but we'll see!

I forgot about these. I love this idea. I was thinking the same thing.

Malthus recorded a few other episodes with different people I think (including myself), but unfortunately he had a massive loss of data which meant they would all need to be done again. Hopefully it can be picked up again sometime, as it's a good idea. I do actually have my side of the interview on my computer still, but it's just my voice and not Malthus'! So not much use, heh
Im hoping to relaunch this idea

Im hoping to relaunch this idea
I love this idea. I may do a poor man's version myself one day. Seems like fun. It'd be great to see a panel of the elite of the elite editors discussing their work also. I remember listening to one of Bobson's video commentaries a while back but then I completely forgot that he had more. That's a a super cool idea too. Lots of potential here

Back
Top Bottom