• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Any David Bowie fans out there? I made a live album for a tour he never went on

baliscon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
David Bowie's my all time favorite artist, I don't have memories before Bowie. Anyway, David Bowie never toured from 1979-1982 in support of on of his most critically acclaimed, and my personal favorite, album, Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps.) I asked Google's Bard AI what his setlist may have been for a tour that heralded the New Romantic fashion popularized by Boy George and Adam Ant, and Bard responded with the following:
  1. The Bewlay Brothers 0:00
  2. Station to Station 5:13
  3. Up the Hill Backwards 14:07
  4. Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) 17:19
  5. Ashes to Ashes 21:00
  6. Fashion 24:49
  7. Golden Years 27:32
  8. Teenage Wildlife 31:04
  9. Space Oddity 37:47
  10. Diamond Dogs 42:27
  11. Cracked Actor 49:06
  12. Rebel Rebel 53:01
  13. Fame 55:24
  14. China Girl 60:42
  15. Life on Mars? 66:07
  16. Young Americans 70:11
  17. "Heroes" 75:22
I asked Bard to eliminate anything recorded from Let's Dance onward and let it know that Bowie's previous tour, Isolar II, reimagined his Ziggy Stardust songs through a New Wave lens. As a result, it emphasized tracks from Scary Monsters, along with Bowie's arguably most theatrical album from 5 years prior, Diamond Dogs, plus Young Americans and "Heroes" as an encore. I pulled the tracks mostly from 1983's Serious Moonlight tour, which I thought had a fantastic variety of songs, yet was dampened by a lack of focus. Additionally, I drew from a number from the 70s and later decades, depending on when he performed these particular songs. I adjusted these outlier tracks with reverb and pitch control to match the remainder of the album. Then I crossfaded each song together to allow for the audience responses to bleed together, creating a cohesive 2 hour concert setlist for a tour that never existed.

If you'd like to listen, send me a message.
t1f92rv8ipfb1.png

Made the album cover using Craiyon Ai that I blended with an actual image of Bowie.

Hey! I'm a Bowie fan. This sounds really interesting! Have you explored his musical Lazarus with Michael C. Hall? It is a sort of sequel to The Man Who Fell to Earth. Really interesting! I would be interested in listening to this.

Hey! I'm a Bowie fan. This sounds really interesting! Have you explored his musical Lazarus with Michael C. Hall? It is a sort of sequel to The Man Who Fell to Earth. Really interesting! I would be interested in listening to this.
I was fond of Lazarus! Hopefully one day they'll release a video version. I've made a few fictional concerts, I'll message them over :)

i'm a Bowie fan as well not everything of his i enjoy but i do love his stuff

Back
Top Bottom