• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ant-Man: The Pym Particle Partition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In anticipation of the new Quantumania film, I thought I'd go back and tackle the first film. While not bad by any stretch, just a little stock standard.

This is a tighter and more focused edit on Scott, as we don't meet Hank or Hope until he does. Falcon also doesn't appear in the film, aside from a small cameo at the end, as Scott doesn't infiltrate the Avengers HQ anymore to get a small piece of tech. It was not in the original Edgar Wright/Joe Cornish script and the plot kind of stops for it. As fun as it is, it's like Dr Strange in Thor: Ragnarok, and the film can move without it. There's a few other trims and cuts, just getting the plot moving a little faster.

2 deleted scenes have been added, one is a new introduction to Hank as Scott pretends to be a cable guy to case his house before breaking in, and the other is an expositional scene with Hank explaining basically everything that had happened at Pym Tech with Cross, Ant-Man, Yellowjacket and Carson, and what the plan will be. It would be redundant in the actual film, but here it explains everything I've cut out, so it works.

CHANGES
- cut prologue with Young Hank, Howard Stark, Peggy Carter and the other guy that shows up later
- cut the whole presentation Cross does with Hank, Yellowjacket, etc.
- cut Cross turning the guy into jam
- move Cross and Hope at dinner until later
- add deleted scene of Scott casing Hank's house (this is now the first time we meet him)
- cut failed shrink test with the lamb jam
- cut Scott sticking his hand up to ask a question at breakfast
- move Cross and Hope's dinner to after he successfully shrinks a lamb
- add deleted scene with Hank providing exposition about basically everything that was cut out (Cross, Yellowjacket, Ant-Man, Pym Tech)
- cut Scott going to the Avengers Compound and fighting Falcon
- recontexualise the post-Avengers Compound conversation into Hank generally congratulating Scott for doing Ant-Man stuff, instead of being for the Falcon fight
- cut the heist gang in the situation room (doesn't do anything we don't know already)
- cut Hank trying to reason with Paxton and Gale (If I don't get in this building, people will die)
- cut reference to the Avengers Compound fight from Cross
- cut Civil War post-credits and added something new

Theatrical - 1:56:59
PPP Cut - 1:43:17

Added - 3:49
Cut - 17:31

BbHim6V.png

Here's the new recontexualisation of the post-Avengers Compound hiest, which bridges a cut of 5 minutes of stuff.

And here is the new intro to Hank Pym, with both of them playing a bit of pretend to get something out of the other.

A preview cut has been uploaded and is ready for viewing.

Feedback from previews are all clear, doing some light regrading, will be listed on IFDB tomorrow, and ready for release before Quantumania!

frivstyg.png
RECCKlq.png

I'm interested in this. This is and GOTG1 are the only MCU films that I couldn't find a fan edit for. GOTG1 doesn't really need one though but Ant-man could use a few touches up.

Fanedit released! Message me for details on where to download this cut!

As usual, I've put together a mini-intro-podcast for the edit, getting into the making of the edit, and more!

Back
Top Bottom