• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ghost in the Machine

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I doubt that this will be done for the release of Quantumania, but I've started work on an edit of the 2nd film. There's a few deleted moments from TV Spots and trailers I wanted to add back in, some trims I wanted to make, and also really wanted to see the cut prologue with young Hank and Janet on a mission in Buenos Aires, which was glimpsed only briefly in the trailers but shown in full, on the Infinity Saga bonus disc.

CHANGELIST:
- added new opening with Hank and Janet on a mission in 1987
- added alternate take of Scott doing close-up magic
- added Hank reacting to Scott's comment "You gave her wings?"
- added another line from Luis as he talks to Hank in the Ex-Con office
- added Sonny finding footage of Hank shrinking the lab
- added alternate Stan Lee cameo
- cut the cafe interior as Giant-Scott-Man tries to stop the truck
- added some more Ship Captain Tim Hiedecker
- added alternate lines as Giant-Scott-Man emerges from the ocean
- added additional line from Ship Captain Tim Hiedecker
- added scene with Hank and Janet in the Quantum Realm

Theatrical runtime: 01:57:58
Current runtime: 02:01:16

Here's a few clips!

And here is the Young Hank/Janet opening, needs some editing and cleaning up though. There are 3 shots with body doubles that need replacing, maybe I'll learn deepfakes for this.

I don't know if it's possible to keep the theatrical opening, with the flashback from the first Ant-Man, as well as this new one, but we'll have to see.

Last edited:
Really like that new opening flashback - looking forward to seeing if it’s possible to integrate with the existing scene between Hank and Hope, perhaps before and after the Marvel intro

So that makes over three minutes of new footage.

6 minute long new opening, cut 4 minute theatrical opening, 1:30 of deleted scenes from blu-ray, and maybe 30-ish seconds from trailers, so maybe 8-ish minutes of new stuff in total. Haven't exactly done the maths for this one. I still want to cut more out too.

Really like that new opening flashback - looking forward to seeing if it’s possible to integrate with the existing scene between Hank and Hope, perhaps before and after the Marvel intro

I'd like to use the original intro too, but it seems like the one they used in the final cut was basically a replacement for it, recapping the last film and explaining why they're going into the Quantum Realm, with the theatrical one having a V/O from Hank. I think I have to keep one or the other, and probably going to use the Buenos Aires one.

Some more clips of added material too!

The blu-ray included 10 alternate takes of Stan Lee's cameo, so I used one that I felt was better than the theatrical version, and finished the blue-screen effects.

7813jXV.png

I like a joke as much as the next guy, but a lot of Michael Pena's stuff in this film goes on for too long and should of been cut back, so I've tried to trim out a lot of it. Here's an before and after cutting some elongated jokes.

Current cutlist:

- cut original opening with Hank and Janet saying goodbye to Hope, and going on their final mission together, and a small recap of the last film
- added deleted opening with Young Hank and Janet on a mission in Buenos Aires, 1987 (from Infinity Saga Box Set Bonus Disc)
- added alternate take of Scott doing close-up magic (from the gag reel)
- added Hank reacting to Scott's comment "You gave her wings?" (from Trailer #1)
- added another line from Luis as he talks to Hank in the Ex-Con office (from Trailer #2)
- cut the back and forth about breakfast food, Scott's desk, oatmeal, pastry, Baba Yaga, etc.
- added Sonny finding security footage of Hank shrinking the lab (from Blu-Ray Deleted Scenes)
- cut Kurt singing the Baba Yaga song, as the earlier mention was cut out
- cut the painfully prolonged "wassup" gag from Luis (somehow there is a longer cut shown in the "Fun TV Spot", unused here)
- cut Luis complementing the Wasp suit, and saying that he wants one
- cut Luis screaming "we're gonna die" in the shrunken van
- added alternate Stan Lee cameo (from Blu-Ray outtakes)
- cut Luis "get pezzed" after the Pez dispenser is made giant
- cut the cafe interior as Scott tries to stop the truck
- added some more Whale Boat Captain Daniel Gooobler as played by Tim Hiedecker (from Blu-Ray outtakes)
- added alternate lines as Giant-Scott-Man emerges from the ocean (from Blu-Ray/DVD release trailer)
- added additional line from Whale Boat Captain Daniel Gooobler (from Blu-Ray outtakes)
- added scene with Hank and Janet in the Quantum Realm encountering a Quantum Creature (from Blu-Ray Deleted Scenes)
- cut awkward exchange with Agent Woo and Scott, the whole thing about dinner and seeing you later

Current Runtime: 1:58:19

Previewers welcome at this time!

Last edited:
I'd love a chance to preview if you're still needing one. (Also, maybe keeping with the alliterative theme: The Ghostly Goliath Edition?)

Ooh, this & the first edit will make a nice primer before Quantumania. Count me in as a previewer!

The original opening of Ant Man and Wasp almost plays like an extended post credit for the first Ant Man movie, possibly fitting where the civil war clip was. I suppose that would leave a space to slot the alternative scene in without it feeling like overload. I really like how the new scene effectively conveys Hank’s pig headed stubborn nature in not listening to anyone else

Trying some deepfake stuff for the first time to replace the Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfiffer stunt doubles, and the results haven't been too bad. Only worked on Michael Douglas so far, and it's only these 2 short shots that need work.

K4kXLmd.png

j7QRuw7.png

mEZ9wvP.png

roVtGn5.png

Deepfakes are not all that complicated to make, but it just needs a bit of reference material to get working. Doing this for a whole feature (eg. Harrison Ford in Solo) would be nye impossible and absolutely a nightmare.

It’s a great idea to dabble in deepfakes and you should definitely try to get it as good as possible for future applications! In this case though I think you may be able to cut around the body doubles easily.

By the way, after suffering through Quantumania and reading through this thread, I forgot how fun, and funny, this film was, regardless of how empty it is story-wise. I might actually rewatch it when you release your edit.

I’m a little sad the “Baba Yaga” jokes are getting deleted though as they were some of my favorites!

Brilliant work, as someone who doesn't work in VFX I'd call that finished, good idea cutting the unnecessary close-ups too.

Brilliant work, as someone who doesn't work in VFX I'd call that finished, good idea cutting the unnecessary close-ups too.

As another person who doesn't work in VFX, but has learnt it all due to fanediting, and put it into real world practice a few times, I think it's good to call finished as well, so thank you!

The close-ups ended up looking like dogshit, especially the Janet one.

i2XOrGP.png

New title card, looks like a release is likely next week!

bXdUlm0.png

Also, didn't realise until today, but my Marvel calender has the exact same art that I used for the poster for this edit, for March. Fun coinicidence!

PcMibCj.jpg

Final changelist;

- cut original opening with Hank and Janet saying goodbye to Hope, and going on their final mission together, and a small recap of the last film
- added deleted opening with Young Hank and Janet on a mission in Buenos Aires, 1987 (from Infinity Saga Box Set Bonus Disc)
- added alternate take of Scott doing close-up magic (from the gag reel)
- added Hank reacting to Scott's comment "You gave her wings?" (from Trailer #1)
- added another line from Luis as he talks to Hank in the Ex-Con office (from Trailer #2)
- cut the back and forth about breakfast food, Scott's desk, oatmeal, pastry, Baba Yaga, etc.
- added Sonny finding security footage of Hank shrinking the lab (from Blu-Ray Deleted Scenes)
- cut Scott's "you're with her? I thought you were cool"
- re-edited Ghost's origin exposition to add some footage from the new opening, just to make the link between her and Hank concrete
- cut Kurt singing the Baba Yaga song, as the earlier mention was cut out
- cut the painfully prolonged "wassup" gag from Luis (somehow there is a longer cut shown in the "Fun TV Spot", unused here)
- cut Luis complementing the Wasp suit, and saying that he wants one
- cut Luis screaming "we're gonna die" in the shrunken van
- added alternate Stan Lee cameo (from Blu-Ray outtakes)
- cut Luis "get pezzed" after the Pez dispenser is made giant
- cut the cafe interior as Scott tries to stop the truck
- added some more Whale Boat Captain Daniel Gooobler as played by Tim Hiedecker (from Blu-Ray outtakes)
- added alternate lines as Giant-Scott-Man emerges from the ocean (from Blu-Ray/DVD release trailer)
- added additional line from Whale Boat Captain Daniel Gooobler (from Blu-Ray outtakes)
- added scene with Hank and Janet in the Quantum Realm encountering a Quantum Creature (from Blu-Ray Deleted Scenes)
- cut awkward exchange with Agent Woo and Scott, the whole thing about dinner and seeing you later
- added custom Marvel Studios card at end of credits (from Trailer #1, edited and extended)

Final Runtime: 1:58:35

Any Marvel edit that prunes its forced attempts at humour is a plus for me. 😎

I'll be looking forward to viewing this when I get the chance.

Back
Top Bottom