• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ant-Man (2015)

I got about to "what if Ant-Man were actually a fit, beautiful young woman who happens to prefer the company of other fit, beautiful young women, if you take my dri-" before I was booted out the door... :D

ThrowgnCpr said:
Nic was set to direct but the movie fell apart because the actors were given inadequate details with his direction.

Actually, things were going well, but the schedule only allotted one take for every scene which made communicating with the actors a total mess.

And THAT'S why you don't hire a first time director.

According to new trademarks registered by Marvel, we may be getting a movie inspired by the story inspired by The Irredeemable Ant-Man!

Interesting, to say the least. Wonder if this has anything to do with why they kept chasing after Comedy-background directors.

Speaking of directors, Payton Reed is now set direct this film.

One of my sources is telling me that this is the best of a bad situation, since both Reed and Adam McKay (who's rewriting the script) have both tried to make comic book films before, Reed with the Fantastic Four and McKay with Garth Ennis' "The Boys."

Spoilers in the following link.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/06/20/spoilers-the-villain-of-ant-man-is/

Gotta say, I'm really digging how the MCU is completely unafraid to deviate from the comics. The Mandarin is a character played by a washed up actor, Tony might be creating Ultron, and Patrick Wilson as Yellowjacket is a nemesis to Scott Lang's Antman? Really hoping this films works out.

One actor dropped due to scheduling conflict, hardly a catastrophe despite the way several sites are reporting it. The other two simply hard their parts removed due to a rewrite.

Nic said:
Ant-Man story details.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136449-SDCC-Marvel-Reveals-Ant-Man-Characters-Story

Paul Rudd is indeed playing Scott Lang, being trained by Michael Douglas' older Hank Pym to take over as Ant-Man, who uses a special suit and helmet to change his size at will. Their nemesis will be Corey Stoll as Darren Cross, aka "Yellowjacket," who in the comics was based on an alternate-identity of Pym's and has similar powers. In addition, Evangeline Lily confirmed her role as Hope Pym/Van-Dyne, Douglas' character's daughter.

Glad to finally get confirmation that Douglas will be playing Pym passing the baton to Lang. Corey Stoll was fantastic as Ernest Hemingway in "Midnight in Paris" and I'm eager to see how he'll do. Oh, Evangeline Lily is in it also. (...or other such reactions and feelings...)

Fixed that for you.

Hope Pym, leader of the Revengers in Marvel's niche late 90s MC2 continuity...interesting choice

For those who havn't seen it yet:

You know what I realized? This might be the first superhero where the main character is a single father. This could really help the character stick out, especially since a huge amount of superheroes seem to have daddy issues tagged to them (see Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, Daredevil, Green Lantern, Iron Man), and since Hank Pym is
a widower in the film
, that gives him something in common with Lang, and for once it would be neat to see a "sins of the father" story from the "father" perspective.

New trailer is pretty good and gives a better idea of the tone of the film, hopefully.

^^ That "Scott" thing is still an epic LOL. Somebody really needs to do a 'Behind The Candelabra'/'Ant-Man' trailer mashup. Oh wait somebody already did...

Saw it last night. Good movie, but count me as one of those people who can't help but miss Wright's absence. Doesn't help that I saw at least two videos that gave an idea on what Wright would've brought to the movie.

Still, on it's own terms, it's still got a very good, very charming cast, the shrinking stuff and the ants were fun, and I like how aside from one time at the beginning and one time at the middle, the name Ant-Man isn't mocked all that much, unlike the trailers. It just feels like the small stakes of the movie are almost non-existant, which might've been better if they kept in that Scott's daughter Cassie was sick and he was stealing stuff so he can pay her medical bills, rather than just paying alimony. Either way, this film serves as another example of why Christopher Nolan is the only person to make a heist movie engaging.
Ironic, given that the third act of Ant-Man kind of steals the third act of Interstellar. YMMV on who did it better.
As far as Marvel movies go, it's above Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor the Dark World, and possibly even above the first Thor movie. It's worth a matinee showing, at least.

Just seen it. Really good, not the best ever Marvel film but in the top half for sure. Well acted, snappy/clever script, inventive direction, except for a couple of wierd moments where they ripped off "Drunk History". I recently watched a few of these...

...and they've copied the style exactly down to the last detail. Somebody should take legal action ;-).

Wooooaaahhh! :eek: Whatever voodoo-CGI-magic they did in that opening scene was mind blowing. I was half-way in to the scene, before my brain even realised, hang on how have they got younger Michael Douglas from the 80s, to shoot this scene set in the 80s?!? This combined with the tech that made young Arnie in Genisys means we are getting close to being able to visually bring people back to life on film.

I really enjoyed it. I was pleasantly surprised as to how cohesive it all was, considering the infamously troubled production. Good use of the character's powers led to some very fun action scenes. Humorous, but never forced. They took a fairly goofy concept and made it cool. I really cared about the characters. There were some larger universe connections that I didn't see coming. After the Terminator Genisys trailer spoilers, it was refreshing to be genuinely surprised while seeing a big blockbuster. Other than a very minor technical flub / visual discontinuity that bugged me (pun fully intended) regarding
ants blocking the hammer of a hammerless pistol
, I can't think of a single aspect of the film that I disliked. Thumbs up.

Surprised to see so many positive reviews for this online. Seemed like a misfire to me. Not bad, but forgettable. Maybe a fan edit could help?

I actually really enjoyed this and would put it in my top 5 of the MCU.

Granted it wasn't the most original story (it's essentially Iron Man 1) and it is predictable but it's still a formula that works and more importantly it was VERY FUN.

It was under two hours so it didn't feel overly long, like Ultron did. The casting was great and Paul Rudd is very charming, charismatic, and funny. Michael Pena was perfectly hilarious and Michael Douglas was good, as per usual. The action set pieces were very well filmed and the GCI looked great.

Probably the thing I liked the most about it was the overall scale of the movie. Instead of being this very grandiose saving the world adventure, the movie is essentially a small scale (pun intended) heist movie. You have a team, each with their own strengths, planning a job and then they perform said job. Very simple but very well executed.

I can somewhat agree with others arguments about the villain not being flushed out enough, but I thought they did a good job with what time they were given.

Back
Top Bottom