• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Amleth's Saga - The Northman Extended Edition Edits by Fran Garcia (COMPLETED)

Version D is my favorite, but both in versions C and D the music fadeout when it cuts to outside is a bit too abrupt. Would need to be a bit longer, I think.
Thank you, so the Version D is your favourite.

Regarding the music fadeout when it cuts to outside, I have used the original from the movie, I have not edited it, I will try to check it and see if I can fix that.

And here it is another version of the scene:

Version E

So, what do you think? Which one is your favourite?

It is indeed the one from the movie, but you seem to have overlaid a bit of louder music on top of it, and thus the original fadeout of the quieter one no longer works as intended.

Version E is very well done, though I think the shot of him holding the sword from D has a sort of mythical quality to it.

It is indeed the one from the movie, but you seem to have overlaid a bit of louder music on top of it, and thus the original fadeout of the quieter one no longer works as intended.

Version E is very well done, though I think the shot of him holding the sword from D has a sort of mythical quality to it.
Yes, true, somehow a music cue that I was listening from the soundtrack was hidden on the timeline, that is the reason the fadeout was not working. The funny thing is that I did not put it there... 😅🤷‍♂️

I agree, I also do like the Version D more than the other ones, the shot of Amleth holding Draugr has the fantasy/mythical touch that I am looking for.

I think that this one is the final version:

Yes, true, somehow a music cue that I was listening from the soundtrack was hidden on the timeline, that is the reason the fadeout was not working. The funny thing is that I did not put it there... 😅🤷‍♂️

I agree, I also do like the Version D more than the other ones, the shot of Amleth holding Draugr has the fantasy/mythical touch that I am looking for.

Perfect!

That is amazing!!!

I really gotta see this movie! :)

Looks great!

I wonder if the you could hold on the black screen a touch longer? Not sure if that'll be better or worse.

Looks great!

I wonder if the you could hold on the black screen a touch longer? Not sure if that'll be better or worse.
Thanks!!

Hmmm, I have tried to hold on the black screen a bit longer.

Here are the results:

- Black Screen 1 second longer:

- Black Screen 2 seconds longer:

Still my favorite movie of the year!

The new color grading is gorgeous 😍, agreed that the green tint was poorly chosen for this kind of epic tale.

As for the Mound Dweller scene, option D is the best, feels more mythological to see a triumphant Amleth contemplating the sword of the undead he vanquished. Good that you cut the humiliating severed head in the ass, not a honorable thing to inflict to your opponent, especially when you're a prince. Also, 1 second longer black screen seems to be plenty enough for me.

Last edited:
Thanks!!

Hmmm, I have tried to hold on the black screen a bit longer.

Here are the results:

- Black Screen 1 second longer:

- Black Screen 2 seconds longer:

1 second longer is perfect. Feels like a deliberate, professional edit. It emphasizes the beheading, gives us a moment to breathe, then hits us with a strong image. Looks great!

Still my favorite movie of the year!

The new color grading is gorgeous 😍, agreed that the green tint was poorly chosen for this kind of epic tale.

As for the Mound Dweller scene, option D is the best, feels more mythological to see a triumphant Amleth contemplating the sword of the undead he vanquished. Good that you cut the humiliating severed head in the ass, not a honorable thing to inflict to your opponent, especially when you're a prince. Also, 1 second longer black screen seems to be plenty enough for me.
That's true, it is not very honourable, and now it has the "fantasy/magic" touch that I was looking for.

Yup! One second longer black screen is the right edit!

I have been editing one deleted scene that I want to insert in my edit, it is an alternate version of the Servants of Freyr scene that it is already on the original cut.

The problem with the deleted scene is the light and the colour grading, the one in the original cut when Amleth is entering in the temple it was blue tinted, like if it was filmed during the blue hour and the one that it was not used looks like that it was filmed during the golden hour, so I had to colour grade the previous scenes in order to make them fit in tone and colour with the deleted scene.

I am using this deleted scene because it has the "fantasy/supernatural" touch that I want to use in my edit.

I am not sure if I will use it on the Extended Cut edit.

Servants of Freyr Scene:

Finally, I have finished the bulk of the Amleth’s Saga edit.

The whole movie has been colour graded scene by scene and all the the deleted scenes have been reinstated.

I have trimmed some scenes and also I have reordered a couple of sequences. My goal is to remove the ambiguous “supernatural” touch that was left in the original cut.

I have divided the edit in 5 acts, like the classic play of Hamlet, each one with a title.

Hopefully, by the end of this week, both edits will be released:

- Amleth’s Saga - “Supernatural” edit.

- The Northman - Extended Edition.

Both edits will be released in 4K and 1080p, with Audio 5.1 and subtitles (English & Spanish-Castillian).

More colour grading examples:

Original

full

New colour grade

full

Original

full

New colour grade

full

Back
Top Bottom