• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

ALIEN Extended Edition

Faneditor Name: Samrosenbaum
Original Movie Title: Alien
Fanedit Type: Extended Edition
Original Release Date: 1979
Original Running Time: 117 minutes
Fanedit Release Date: 2007
Fanedit Running Time: 132 minutes
Time Added: 16 minutes

Brief Synopsis:
The 1979 classic with several minutes of added footage taken from the Alien Quadrilogy DVD. Actually this is a re-edit of Mr.Eâs extended Alien edition

Intention:
To see an extended edition of âAlienâ thatâs higher quality than past efforts, and, at the same time, avoids the major pitfall that appears in the Directorâs cut. I also wanted to see a version that uses more of Jerry Goldsmithâs original score.

Special Thanks:
Original version by MrE.

From MrEâs description:

I left out Kane preparing the coffee because it doesnât really fit in with the way the final film is edited. I also left out the Kaneâs gun shots, as I feel it adds nothing to the movie other than a random moment.

Also, some stuff is now missing. One exterior shot of the Derelict has been nixed to make room for another scene, the âIt LOOKS like a warningâ scene had been moved up to accommodate a scene, the original repair/âThis place gives me the creepsâ scene had to go in order to fit in the extended version (which uses different takes and dialogue). The couple of scenes that were non-anamorphic also look pretty raw.

samrosenbaum:

Iâve kept all of Beckmenâs edits intact, except for the Alienâs Lair scene. Instead of the abbreviated âDirectorâs Cutâ version (which Ridley Scott, for reasons I find baffling, placed in the middle of the self-destruct sequence), I used the longer, raw version of the scene, which I converted to anamorphic and placed just before Ripley runs to the engine room to set the self-destruct.

The second change I made was to restore Jerry Goldsmithâs original music to the final shot of the sleeping Ripley and the end credits.

Iâve also adjusted the volume, so that the scenes which either MrE or I had converted from a different format are not too loud in comparison with the rest of the film.

Cuts and Additions:
From MrEâs description:

- The Derelict transmission from the Directorâs Cut- Extended Derelict Entry Scene (converted from non-anamorphic)
- Extended Winch Scene (converted from non-anamorphic)
- Ripley and Lambertâs fight/Alternate âHow we gonna get this offâ scene from the Directorâs Cut
- Checking in on Kane scene
- Alternate repairs scene with Ripley and Parkerâs intercom exchange
- Discussing the plan to trap the alien (converted from non-anamorphic)
- The Alternate Brettâs death scene from the Directorâs Cut
- Ripley Comforts Lambert
- The Alienâs Lair scene from the Directorâs Cut

samrosenbaum:

- Removed the Alienâs Lair scene from the Directorâs Cut. Replaced it with the raw version of the Alienâs Lair scene (converted from non-anamorphic), inserted just before the self-destruct sequence.
- Restored Jerry Goldsmithâs Original Music to the final shot and end credits.
Hi: just found this, as I am pretty new here. Is this still available?? Thx

Back
Top Bottom