• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alien 3: The Hybrid Cut

LeoneNut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by Leonenut
film name : Alien3: The Hybrid Cut
film studio name : Fox
Date Original Film Was Released : 1992
Date Edit Was Released : Nov 2007
Original Runtime : 114 mins (Theatrical Cut), 145 mins (Assembly Cut)
New Runtime : 147 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : Complicated !

Cuts removed/added/extended :

* - Retained Ripley being found on the beach
* - Removed Clemens typing up the report on the computer over alternate shots of inside the EEV
* - Added Theatrical cut's EEV scenes, but cutting out Ripley being found there
* - Theatrical Cut summaries of the EEV crash victims used, along with scene of dog barking at the facehugger
* - Retained scene of Morse and another prisoner with the dead cow and the macho talk of Ripley. Removes Morse discovering the dead facehugger, this is also moved to earlier in the film
* - Restored scene of Morse finding his injured dog
* - Replaced all the cow birth footage with the dog version
* - Restored the song Morse is singing in the tunnel, and calling for his dog
* - Adds back scene with David getting confused about the piston chamber chase
* - Adds back shot of prisoner walking through the tunnels and a shot of 85 wiping the steam off the mirror while he waits for the rescue team
* - replaces Ripley's demise with the better version of the Queen bursting out of her

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):
2.35:1 NTSC Anamorphic
Dolby Digital 5.1

Your intention for this fanedit:
To have a version with the extended Assembly Cut scenes but with the dog birth footage instead of the cow. Also restoring the Queen bursting out of Ripley.

Time needed for the edition: 3 weeks

persons involved: LeoneNut

Alien3Hybrid_ThrowgnCpr_3D2.jpg

http://fanedit.org/513/

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

Alien 3 is a great movie, but I disagree with your edits. For a time Alien 3 (Restored Workprint) was my favourite Alien film - and while it's not perfect, the ox-burster was always better - the face-hugger was found, and the alien came out a realistic size. The ending is even closer to my heart. Alien 3's original ending cheapened Ripley's sacrifice as it was revealed she couldn't have survived anyway. In the Workprint version though she sacrifices her life to destroy the alien; as she could have survived by having it surgically removed in a lab.

I think some Aliens fans never forgave Fincher for killing off Newt, Hicks and Bishop - but the ending wasn't possible without doing this; and Alien 3 is easily 10x better than Aliens (which I can only bare to watch in the Theatrical as that idiot "Cameron" stuffs too much fat into his movies).

Anyhow those are just my thoughts on the subject - I would love to see a fanedit of this film which incorporates the Workprint-version story faithfully (beginning and ending) but cuts down the movie to about the original length of the theatrical cut.

yeah, there goes your typical Daniel post... Alien 3 is 10 times better than Aliens. Cool. Be happy with your lonesome opinion. I will not comment on this.

I think some Aliens fans never forgave Fincher for killing off Newt, Hicks and Bishop
NEVER!!!

More seriously Alien3 is not an awful bad movie, it's just a missed opportunity for the franchise to be constistant story-wise. I mean, to me Alien3 feels like a stand alone episode, same for Alien4. It's not that I don't like these movies (it's always nice to bring new blood and fresh ideas to a franchise), but I wished the saga has more continuity.

Back
Top Bottom