• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Agents of SHIELD: Centipede (Season 1, 1st of 3)

I think that does work a lot better, yes. And your welcome.

ironman23 said:
Thanks for the review, Ironman23. You mention bad pixellation/blocking, can you tell me what source you watched and a specific example of where?

Cheers.

DSM2337 said:
ironman23 said:
Thanks for the review, Ironman23. You mention bad pixellation/blocking, can you tell me what source you watched and a specific example of where?

Cheers.

No problem, and I watched the 1080p mp4 version. Here are a couple of examples I was talking about ( I also took the liberty of doing a little clean up just for reference.)
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/174598/picture:2

ironman23 said:
No problem, and I watched the 1080p mp4 version. Here are a couple of examples I was talking about ( I also took the liberty of doing a little clean up just for reference.) 
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/174598/picture:2
Thanks, will have a look at improving the new render.

Off topic, @dogofthetemple, you sent me a PM requesting deets, but have PMs turned off so I can't send them.

DSM2337 said:
... have PMs turned off so I can't send them.

Is this voluntary or a problem? If it's a problem you should report it so it can be fixed.

addiesin said:
DSM2337 said:

Is this voluntary or a problem? If it's a problem you should report it so it can be fixed.
I currently assume it is voluntary, so expect him to change the setting so I can send him a PM. He will have to say if it is not.

DSM2337 said:
addiesin said:
DSM2337 said:

I currently assume it is voluntary, so expect him to change the setting so I can send him a PM. He will have to say if it is not.

Ah, I thought you meant "I" have PMs turned off, not "you" have PMs turned off. My mistake!  ;)

Off topic, @dogofthetemple, you sent me a PM requesting deets, but have PMs turned off so I can't send them.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't even realize I'd done that. Should be fixed now.

I finally got to watch this edit and really liked it.

This edit takes the (few) good things from the first half of series 1 and combines them into one coherent story that for me replaces the original material. The color grading gave it a fantastic look. 

I can´t wait for the next edit in this series.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, much appreciated.

I've corrected the rogue frame and altered the previously mentioned transition. The render is complete and any requests will now get the updated version.

Thanks again.

Overall, version 2 works a lot better. My personal problems have all been noticed and fixed, leaving for a better experience. Nice work!

ironman23 said:
My personal problems have all been noticed

I'm pretty sure that's beyond the scope of this thread. ;)

TVs Frink said:
ironman23 said:
My personal problems have all been noticed

I'm pretty sure that's beyond the scope of this thread. ;)

And that folks is why you never leave a text when you're still half awake haha.

I'm so glad you made this! Very excited to see the edit. Been waiting for someone to create one ever since binging season 1.  :D

Thank you @havok1977 for the review, glad you enjoyed it and hope you like the next instalments too.

You raised some points that I am already aware of, and I'm in the process of doing a little cleanup (nothing major: sound levels, smoother transitions, etc...), but the only black transition I was aware of was the one you mention. If possible, could you DM with the other examples where the transitions didn't work for you?

And thanks for highlighting the sound mix, it was edited in 5.1, but something must have gone wrong in the conversion, I'll look out for it when I render the cleaned up version.

Curiously, the original BR source only used the rear two channels on the first few episodes of the season, after that it is more like a 3.1 soundtrack.

Thanks also to galadantien for his recent reviews. Much appreciated.

No problem at all @DSM2337,  glad you took my criticism in a constructive way and I look forward to a fine tuned release, best of luck with it!

Regarding the fades to black, I'd have to re-watch the edit with my finger on top of the pause button to note down each one; not sure I have the time for that at me moment, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom