• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

[Adobe CC] Can't import .ts files

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I recently fixed my computer and reinstalled all the Adobe CC programs, and installed Quicktime and K-lite codec packs. I was ripping the deleted scenes from the TPM bonus disc through DVDFab in .vob passthrough. I then used tsMuxer to remux the files and demux the files as well, but no matter what the files come up with errors upon import into Premiere, AE, and ME. I can play the files perfectly fine in VLC, but not in quicktime. I haven't had this problem before, so I'm not sure what the problem is exactly.

Also, FYI Bluray .m2ts files open perfectly fine in Premiere, AE, and ME. I hope it's just something simple I'm missing, since I haven't used a DVD as fanedit material in a long time.

I've never tried editing TS files, in adobe, but have you tried remuxing into MKV or M2TS?

ThrowgnCpr said:
I've never tried editing TS files, in adobe, but have you tried remuxing into MKV or M2TS?
Tried m2ts and MKV, with no success. I would re-encode, but I certainly don't want quality loss. I remember being able to do it in CS5 a long time ago, but I just can't get it to work now in CC

Sounds like something specific to DVD settings. Maybe something isn't meshing in your project settings with framerate or interlacing? Or maybe the copy protection isn't being properly removed?

geminigod said:
Sounds like something specific to DVD settings. Maybe something isn't meshing in your project settings with framerate or interlacing? Or maybe the copy protection isn't being properly removed?
Certainly not the sequence settings, but I guess it could be the copyright wasn't properly removed. Is there a specific way I can check that?

Not sure. I've never had a problem with DVDfab before, but you could try one of the others. What happens when you try doing the recommended workflow of converting it to a lagarith AVI prior to importing into your NLE?

I had one disc that failed to rip properly with DVDFab, but using DVDShrink instead fixed it.

geminigod said:
Not sure. I've never had a problem with DVDfab before, but you could try one of the others. What happens when you try doing the recommended workflow of converting it to a lagarith AVI prior to importing into your NLE?
DVDFab is the only program that worked with this disk. I tried others, but they wouldn't work, having to do with the fact that my disc isn't in pristine condition, and only DVDFab could read through the errors (granted it took hours to rip). The files though are perfectly fine and aren't corrupt. I guess I'll have to try the lagarith AVI workflow, and see how that works.

emanswfan said:
DVDFab is the only program that worked with this disk. I tried others, but they wouldn't work, having to do with the fact that my disc isn't in pristine condition, and only DVDFab could read through the errors (granted it took hours to rip). The files though are perfectly fine and aren't corrupt. I guess I'll have to try the lagarith AVI workflow, and see how that works.

You sure about that? How do you know they aren't corrupt? Kind of a major detail there that was left out before.

geminigod said:
You sure about that? How do you know they aren't corrupt? Kind of a major detail there that was left out before.
They open in all the media players perfectly fine and play through the whole way without any issues whatsoever. I even verified it was not being corrupt, by doing research on what it would be if the files were corrupt.

emanswfan said:
They open in all the media players perfectly fine and play through the whole way without any issues whatsoever. I even verified it was not being corrupt, by doing research on what it would be if the files were corrupt.

Cool, just checking. Hopefully converting it to lags AVI will get the job done.

I converted it to lagarith AVI and it worked perfectly. And while, I'll use the seperate Dolby 5.1 audio file for the main audio, the audio in the AVI is out of aync, so I don't have a perfect way of syncing it back up.

Back
Top Bottom