• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Adding subtitles to a scene? Game of Thrones question

giordano1000

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi there,

I am making a "parents-friendly" edit of Game of Thrones season 1. I used Womble MPEG Video Wizard and edited the entire first season using the first season DVDs as my source.

Problem is, I didn't realize the subtitles in the foreign-language (Dothraki) scenes were not a part of the image. Apparently the DVDs just pull the subtitles from some separate file or place and force them on the screen during the parts where they are needed.

So now I need to go back and "hardwire" the subtitle text onto the screen during those scenes. Does anyone have any idea how I can get started on accomplishing this? Because I have no idea. I've been tinkering around with the demo of Womble EasySub for a couple of hours and it's gotten me nowhere.

Any help would be appreciated! Let me know what other information you need. Thanks!

Quick and dirty - create title cards for the subtitles you want to use.

And what exactly is a "parents-friendly" version of GOT?

Adabisi said:
Quick and dirty - create title cards for the subtitles you want to use.

And what exactly is a "parents-friendly" version of GOT?

Well it's basically GOT without boobs and wieners all up on the screen. A version of GOT that you might feel more comfortable watching with your parents, in other words. And some of the more gory scenes cut short. I actually love the show but the gratuitous sex and violence make it hard to enjoy with my more sensitive friends and family. Anyway, both my parents totally love the cleaned up episodes 1-6.

So I'm guessing creating title cards will require me to type out everything line by line? Is there a recommended program that I should use for this, or can this also be done on Womble EasySub? Any links to a guide to this would be great, if they exist.

Thanks

If you're working with AVI files, you can use the VobSub plugin for VirtualDub and create scenes with the subtitles hard-burned into the video. Or you can extract the subtitles and add them as a separate track when you master your DVD.

Back
Top Bottom