• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Addams Family Chronicles

Just finished typing my commentary on the Mamushka.

Commentary track is now 70 minutes complete! I think that means I'm halfway done with it.

I'm moving in to a new apartment as I write this, so if I'm quiet over this week, that's why. I'll return to this project as soon as I get my computer unpacked.

Got the computer unpacked, and as an extra treat, I've now made it to the Addams Family Values section for the text-only commentary! šŸ˜

Commentary track is now 85 minutes done! I'm more than halfway through it!

95 minutes into the commentary, and finished with discussing the difficult and painful decision to cut out Wednesday's summer camp adventure.

105 minutes into the commentary, and less than 40 minutes to go! šŸ˜

I wonder... you really think it makes sense to wait with the release of the edit until the commentary that apparently takes months to be made is finished? How many people will make use to it? 10% of those interested in the edit itself?

If I were you, I'd release the edit and when the commentary is finished, then I would update the file and let people know.

Last edited:
I wonder... you really think it makes sense to wait with the release of the edit until the commentary that apparently takes months to be made is finished? How many people will make us to it? 10% of those interested in the edit itself?

Two things: 1. The world does not revolve around you and you don't speak for everyone, and 2. Believe it or not, there are some people out there who don't watch fanedits just to see the edit. Take, for example, the zillions of Star Wars edits out there, six of which are from me. Watching a thousand different interpretations of Episode I is bound to get tiresome after a while, even if the edit is an improvement. For some, it's way more fun to learn what makes the editor tick, what went on in the editing room, why they decided to cut X, Y, and Z, and so on. This is why a lot of faneditors often have commentary tracks. HAL9000 has a commentary track for all of his Star Wars edits. Wraith did a text-only commentary for his Unbreakable Glass Split edit. I myself got a glowing review for my Eyes Wide Shut edit from someone who listened to the commentary track. There are people out there who are genuinely interested in commentaries, and I believe some of the decisions I've made to this fanmix require an explanation that can only be given in one.

Two things: 1. The world does not revolve around you and you don't speak for everyone

No. I speak for myself. And I never said that commenatry is useless and should not be done so not sure what are you trying to explain here and why.

Last edited:
No. I speak for myself.

So am I.

And I never said that commenatry is useless and should not be done so not sure what are you trying to explain here and why.

What I'm saying is that there are people who like and want a commentary track, even if the wait is tedious. You may not be one of those people, but they are out there.

Which is obvious and I wasnt denying it. But you may use commentary track as a tool to revive interest in the edit some time after release if it will be added later down the line.

Last edited:
To quote a famous android, I understand your concerns. Request denied.

Except there was no request :p

Fine. The "suggestion" to release the edit immediately is denied. Good night, sir.

Thanks again for the work on the poster, @ArtisDead !

Anyway, commentary is done! I did have plans to work on the subtitles next, but something has come up. I won't say what it is, because it's top secret stuff I can't share on here, but because of it, I am faced with no other choice but to start work on releasing this edit sooner rather than later. And since it's the month of October, there's no better time to prepare a submission than now. My only fear is if I run into the same problem I had last time with my Eyes Wide Shut edit where my submission kept disappearing. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time will be different.

I guess I owe @Gieferg an apology.

Submission sent! Here's hoping all goes well this time. For now, I'm gonna make some final technical touches to the edit, then get it uploaded.

Back
Top Bottom