• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

A Good Day To Die Hard

Kevinicus said:
I thought the film was awful on pretty much every level. Even the action was poorly shot and edited IMO. But I guess compared to how bad the script was, how useless and uninteresting the "villain" was, and how hokey the acting was, I could see how the action might seem like it was better than it was.

Based on the insane amount of advertising I have seen for this movie, I figured it would probably be horrible. There tends to be an inverse relationship. Studio's gotta make its money on opening week before reviews trash it.

Aye, Die Hard... has there ever been a less necessary/premise-appropriate franchise? :p

I can't help but feel that this movie deserves a fan edit. It's been criticized because of the poor editing in its action scenes, and repetitive dialogue. That can all be easily fixed.

is A Good Day and Live Free similar enough to be edit mashed into a single film ? (color corrected of course.)
(i haven't seen A Good Day yet.)

A more appropriate title would be "Live Hard." Poor John McClane. That dude is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

baileym43 said:
is A Good Day and Live Free similar enough to be edit mashed into a single film ? (color corrected of course.)
(i haven't seen A Good Day yet.)

It would be pretty hard seeing as A Good Day To Die Hard takes place entirely, except for a little portion at the start, in Russia.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/news_en.php?ID=4960 said:
A Good Day to Die Hard Gets Longer Director's Cut
More Action and Story for John McClane

The theatrical version of A Good Day to Die Hard runs only 97 minutes and that means that you get a compact action spectacle that lacks in all other aspects according to many critics. Especially the logic of the story was a target point.
The film magazine Empire now reports that director John Moore (Max Payne, Behind Enemy Lines) works on a Director's Cut that will run substantially longer than the theatrical version. It's supposed to include not only more plot but action, as well. Empire explicitly mentions the car chase:
Empire: [John Moore is] going over two separate versions of the movie [...] One version of the movie is Moore's Director's Cut, which will be substantially longer than the 97 minute-long theatrical version, with the Moscow-levelling car chase around "30%" longer.
The interview itself is very interesting (although it contains spoilers) because Moore gives you the impression that Bruce Willis had control over the film and not the director, which means that the many bad reviews should be pointed at Willis. It remains to be seen how the DC works out here. It'll probably come out in the summer.

I don't think an extended cut can save this movie but as a completist I'll be picking it up.

I didn't actually mind it all that much. Mostly checked brain in at the door when watching this one. Kinda made me look at Live Free or Die Hard in a whole new light. (Since I still prefer that film over this one, mostly cause it has Mary Elizabeth Winstead) but yeah, it wasn't too bad. bout average for a Die Hard film.

Frantic Canadian said:
It would be pretty hard seeing as A Good Day To Die Hard takes place entirely, except for a little portion at the start, in Russia.

:lol: i suppose not.

I'll be waiting for the DVD I guess.

like so many oddly edited films nowadays I expected that there would be alot on the cutting room floor. I'll be grabbing that when it releases being the masochistic willis fan that i am. I even "bought" [at a very nice discount] the recent die hard bluray set just to have that "decoding die hard" documentary. yup.

i think there is an interesting point in this video about cutting movies like die hard and the rating:

Back
Top Bottom