• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2021 Movies

I think you might enjoy it more if you've already seen the previous 7 Spider-Man movies, but the plot is clear even if you haven't, and I don't know that I'd recommend marathoning that much Spider-Man since if you haven't already seen them you're clearly not a die-hard fan.

TLDR: Nah, just go see it.

My kids want to see the new Spider-Man movie, but none of us have seen any of the earlier movies. Should they watch the first two before going to see the new one?
We watched Homecoming last night and are watching Far From Home now. BTW, has anyone else noticed this movie has the same basic plot as the Incredibles? šŸ¤£

I think the only 2021 movies I have seen are Dune and Malignant.

Dune good. Malignant so laughably bad (in my opinion of course) I can't even believe some people liked it.

I don't think I saw any others. Not out of principle or anything just haven't really been paying attention to new movies for no particular reason.

Last edited:
I just watched Violet Evergarden: The Movie. It came out in 2020 in Japan, but released over here on Netflix in late 2021.
It is the most beautiful movie I've seen. Absolutely perfect. My new favorite movie perhaps. It's been a little while since I cried this much during a movie...

I highly recommend that everyone check out the series and then this movie, even if you're not generally a fan of anime. It's generally more serious and doesn't really follow any obnoxious tropes of other popular anime.
The series is about a young girl who was raised to fight in a war, not knowing anything else, now finding her way in life after the war is over. She takes on a profession in writing letters for those who can't write themselves, meanwhile longing for her father figure who hasn't been seen since the war. There's more to it but I don't want to say too much.
The movie serves as a conclusion to the series, and it does its job wonderfully. It's actually the second movie, but the first one is essentially just a extended episode of the series; not bad but not as significant.
Please I need more people to experience this story.

I'll second the Violet Evergarden suggestion. The art is what initially drew me in, the story and characters surprised me and kept me around for all the episodes and movie. The art is top-notch and it's an unusual story line for anime.

Back
Top Bottom