• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2021 Movies

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2021 is still going to be an odd year for movies but hopefully it'll be more normal than 2020 and finally have a new Bond movie in it!

The "final" trailer for 'Black Widow' played before 'Wonder Woman' in the cinema last night.  It looks soooo good! I don't know if it's my imagination but it looks better than most Marvel movies cinematography wise, it's up there with the DC movies.  I wondered if Marvel had finally moved to working in 4K (like DC) but no, it's still 2K according to imdb.  You don't really get the full effect from the compressed 1080p youtube upload though:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh yeah, I also saw the trailer for 'Dune' before 'Wonder Woman'.  Watching the trailer in uncompressed 4K on a big screen didn't make it look any less drab unfortunately.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Peter Jackson uploaded a first look at his Beatles 'Let It Be' recut project.  It looks like such a blast:

FYI: The same preview is also on Disney+ in better quality than on youtube.

Also, note to film industry - Please stop calling these things "sneak peeks" when they are official and watched by a million+ people in 24 hours.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Peter Jackson uploaded a first look at his Beatles 'Let It Be' recut project.  It looks like such a blast:

FYI: The same preview is also on Disney+ in better quality than on youtube.

Also, note to film industry - Please stop calling these things "sneak peeks" when they are official and watched by a million+ people in 24 hours.

Nice!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks potentially good but so does a lot of Zack Snyder's stuff and I always like Dave Bautista's performances...

At first I was thinking "what the hell is to be gained by pulling a heist in a zombie apocalypse, when wealth is meaningless?" but then I read the blurb under the video:

Following a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantine zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.

So I guess it's just Vegas that is infested?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The new "final" trailer for 'Black Widow':

I'll be gutted if I can't see this in a cinema. The action looks fantastic and well shot.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First teaser for Spielberg's West Side Story. Visuals look great...

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Black Widow (2021)
The biggest "feels" I got from this first theatrical MCU film in 2-years (not including Sony) was hearing Michael Giacchino's Marvel Studios fanfare again, through some cinema speakers. 'Black Widow' didn't quite live up to that excitement, or to it's promising trailers. It's an above average MCU movie but not top tier. There are too many action scenes, none of them are badly executed but some feel pointless and disruptive to the pacing, like the punch-up in the safehouse. Other sequences like the prison break chopper rescue are phenomenally directed and so much fun to watch. Another problem is that Black Widow isn't actually that interesting a character as a lead, she's moody and... not much else. Thankfully her three family members have plenty of character, particularly David Harbour's hilarious washed-up Soviet super-solder (I want a Red Guardian solo movie!) and Florence Pugh's younger sister brings the emotion. Having said that about Back Widow, her being depicted as having memorised the script to 1979's 'Moonraker' makes her the coolest character in the MCU! The sleeper-agent backstory is very interesting and quite dark and disturbing to think about. More of that, less action. The "plot twist" reveal of a certain character is blindingly obvious. At 51, Rachel Weisz stills looks as good in a superhero catsuit as all her younger co-stars. Last thought... a bit of unintentional humour was derived from Pugh's Russian accent rendering "Widows" (which she says a lot) as "Weirdos".

^ Somebody kindly did a supercut of Red Guardian's best moments. Yay.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Teaser for Phil Tippett's Mad God, some sort of stop-motion, steam-punk vision. Looks unique:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the first I've heard about this Sopranos prequel movie coming out in October:

So cool that they've cast Gandolfin's son as the young Tony. He looks like him when there is a flash of anger in his eyes.

Ridley Scott's latest has dropped too:

It's been a while since I expected Scott films to be good but there's always hope. I'm unsure about the wisdom of the elderly Director blundering into what looks like a medieval #metoo allegory.

Since 'The Duellists' was Ridley's first film, it would be interesting if 'The Last Duel' was his last movie.

Last edited:

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Scott already has another movie shot and ready to come out, the sure to be camp House of Gucci, as well as a few other projects announced including Gladiator 2 (for some reason).

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lovin' the cinematography:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks like it's got "movie of the year" potential:

I love Macbeth and there are some fine movie versions already.

gortat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really like Macbeth with Michael Fassbender and I don't need another one. Danzel as Macbeth rotfl, anyway I haven't seen any movie starring him

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a brilliantly edited trailer for the new cut of Rocky 4. It's 3-minute of pure adrenaline hype:

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really like Macbeth with Michael Fassbender and I don't need another one. Danzel as Macbeth rotfl, anyway I haven't seen any movie starring him

You haven't seen a movie starring Denzel Washington? Do you like movies? He's one of the best actors around, probably the best of his generation and deserves more than a comical laugh.

gortat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
He never showed up in a movie I was interested in so I don't care. I like specific movies about things I'm interested (not necessarly movies that are on top lists) and he never fit the criteria, he wasn't even in any big franchise so it's easier to overlook him, I am just pointing out to the fact that it's funny that I didn't see anything starring the guy.

I don't like white/blackwashing and that is off puting to me generally. I mean he can still be great but I'd stay with Fassbender version.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't like white/blackwashing and that is off puting to me generally. I mean he can still be great but I'd stay with Fassbender version.
How dare they change the race of a hundreds of years old story, that has already seen countless alterations throughout the years?!

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How dare they change the race of a hundreds of years old story, that has already seen countless alterations throughout the years?!
How dare they cast Fassbender - it's the Scottish play not the Irish/German play.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A black Macbeth is sooooo 1936 ;) :

56-3639388-1428503413edb248e62bf444c3b2561918cf93e56f.jpg

Orson Welles' "voodoo" Macbeth

But seriously Shakespeare has been reworked in every conceivable way to keep it fresh. The best I ever "experienced" was a 1993 RSC production of Julius Caesar in a Bosnian conflict type setting with the audience participating in the play.

sbt-davies-jul-1993-c11a-12-1.jpg

Personally I like the 1971 Macbeth film the most:

Kurosawa's Samurai reworking of Macbeth is worth seeing (as is his version of King Lear):

Denzel is no stranger to Shakespeare either:

Top Bottom