• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2018 Movies

Deadpool 2
The start felt messy and unfocused but once the plot kicks into gear (when the "antagonist" arrives and instantly begins to drive the plot) it's firing on all cylinders 'til the end. With the doubled budget there is much more focus on fun OTT action sequences and less on the crazy humour of the first film. Way less subversive and more risk adverse than the first, now everybody is in on (and wants in on) the joke. However, there are a few comedy sequences/ideas that are hilarious inventive and unexpected. It's a blast and much better than I was expecting.

Best bit for me (and super spoiler):

Almost the entire X-Force dying in horrible and funny ways mere minutes after the super-team recruiting montage trope.

bumblebee trailer
i was hoping that bee would have his  original voice but it looks as though bee is not going to speak or hes going to learn to speak only to lose his voice again by the the end or have is cassette /radio voice he had in the bay movie series

Some plot details on the new Halloween:

The new Halloween brings back Laurie and Michael but also leans into pop culture’s current fascination with true crime (see also: Making a Murderer, Serial). A British documentary crew comes to the States to visit Michael in prison for a retrospective of the maniac’s night of terror but their project becomes way more interesting when Myers escapes custody, retrieves his signature mask and seeks revenge on Laurie, with others naturally being part of his impressive career body count along the way.”

They aren't going to make it found footage style, are they?  They already did one shot partially on webcam - this doesn't need to happen...

HALLOWEEN (2018)

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1ePFp-nBI[/video]

A nice creepy trailer, definitely has the classic Carpenter vibe.  Though I am not certain how I feel about all the homage shots in the trailer....?  Please don't just retread the same material and shots...   But Jaime Lee Curtis looks like a scene stealer.

It appears they are only acknowledging the original, none of the sequels, including Halloween II?
So Michael is no longer Laurie's brother?  I always liked this angle even if it didn't always make sense....

But I am officially intrigued.  I mean, it has to be better than the Rob Zombie crap, right?

^ I'm more intrigued than I expected to be.

I get the impression that the makers of this one really liked the last act of H20, and wanted to expand it to being its own film - I am all for this.  That movie as a whole isn't great, but served as the finale the series deserved. 

Continuity-wise, it is indeed discarding everything but the first film (even the extended cut that foreshadows the big reveal of the sequel must therefore be out of continuity now).  However, I noticed a few shots that seem to be paying homage to part 4 and H20.  Maybe something from 6 as well, but I'm not positive.  My guess is they're going to be making it a massive pastiche of the whole franchise, but only acknowledging the original classic in terms of plot, and that's probably for the best.

That said, what's up with the title?  This is Rambo: Rambo all over again.  If it isn't a remake or reboot, it really shouldn't be called just "Halloween".  Hopefully, once all is said and done, if my biggest gripe remains the title, I'll be very happy with this one.

matrixgrindhouse said:
That said, what's up with the title?  This is Rambo: Rambo all over again.  If it isn't a remake or reboot, it really shouldn't be called just "Halloween".  Hopefully, once all is said and done, if my biggest gripe remains the title, I'll be very happy with this one.

I'm reminded of The Thing (2011), another non remake, non reboot, same-name horror franchise film. 
Just talking about the title, haven't watched the trailer.

What could be confusing. Watch the new halloween which is named after the original halloween and  follows after the original halloween but not halloween 2.which like the original is also set at halloween

The Predator 2018 trailer 2
the super upgraded predator at the end of the trailer looks hardcore.this looks a lot more appealing than the first trailer

Cool. I'm not impressed by the idea of an upgraded predator, but I liked a lot of what i saw there. I liked it more than the first trailer for sure.

Apparently this trailer dropped a month ago and I completely missed it...

ROBIN HOOD (November 2018)
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJfDBSWYqU8[/video]

Robin Hood is one of my all time favourite characters/stories and I am very curious to see this latest interpretation.   It seems to be going for a more modern/fantastical bent rather than historical.   It also has definite super hero vibe to it.   I just hope it does not end up being another KING ARTHUR, LEGEND OF THE SWORD?

Moe_Syzlak said:
Please tell me Season of the Witch is still canon!

Nah dog. Season of the Witch is real life. Somebody in it watched Halloween 1 on their tv, remember? So it doesn't get erased, because you can't erase real life.  
;)

I know this is already out in the U.S but looking forward to catching up with this when it hits the U.k in August. 

Had very positive reviews from what I've seen

I've been making it a point to get to the theater a lot more this year. Since we're halfway through the year, here are the movies I have seen so far, from favorite to least favorite:

1. Won't You Be My Neighbor
  2. Incredibles 2
  3. A Quiet Place
  4. Deadpool 2
  5. Annihilation
  6. I Kill Giants
  7. Tag
  8. Tully
  9. Early Man
  10. Isle of Dogs
  11. Ready Player One
  12. Super Troopers 2
  13. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
  14. Solo: A Star Wars Story

ThrowgnCpr said:
I've been making it a point to get to the theater a lot more this year. Since we're halfway through the year, here are the movies I have seen so far, from favorite to least favorite:

1. Won't You Be My Neighbor
  2. Incredibles 2
  3. A Quiet Place
  4. Deadpool 2
  5. Annihilation
  6. I Kill Giants
  7. Tag
  8. Tully
  9. Early Man
  10. Isle of Dogs
  11. Ready Player One
  12. Super Troopers 2
  13. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
  14. Solo: A Star Wars Story
I haven’t seen many. 

1. Annihilation
2. I Kill Giants
3. Solo

None were terrible; all had serious flaws. I have interest in seeing Deadpool 2, Ready Player One, or Jurassic World.  I’m quite excited for your top three however.

Back
Top Bottom