• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2012 Movies

1. The Dark Knight Rises (by far my most anticipated)
2. The Hobbit (been waiting forever for this one)
3. Prometheus (for obvious reasons)
4. The Avengers (come on guys! It'll be good fun)
5. Django Unchained (huge QT fan and I really loved Inglourious Basterds. Great cast too)
6. Lincoln (always up for another film by Spielberg, my favorite director)
7. Skyfall (it's James Bond)
8. The Master (PTA's the shit)
9. The Amazing Spiderman (has a lot of potential)
10. Zero Dark Thirty (loved The Hurt Locker so I can't wait for this)
11. The Great Gatsby (good book, and, of course, Leo)
12. Argo (Gone Baby Gone and The Town were both great)
13. The Bourne Legacy (liked the Bourne trilogy, trailer doesn't imply any disappointment)
14. Brave (have yet to miss a Pixar film)
15. Piranha 3DD (first one was hilarious)

DominicCobb said:
5. Django Unchained (huge QT fan and I really loved Inglourious Basterds. Great cast too)
forgot about that one. looking forward to it

DominicCobb said:
Great book, but I have a lot of reservations about this one. Fitzgerald himself loathed the idea of translating this to the screen. I think it will be tough to get right.

Forgot about Lincoln. I'll definitely see that one.

Definitely forgot about Django Unchained. And yes, PTA is the shit.

Sunarep said:
[Rec]3... man that was a disappointment :(

Haven't seen it yet, still curious to see it. I liked [REC]1 and [REC]2 very much.
I'm also curious to [REC]4

Frantic Canadian said:
Seriously? You're talking about the Eddie Murphy movie, right? Why would you be excited for that one? It was a huge bomb, got a 0% Fresh Rating on Rotten Tomatoes. And you do know that it was made 4 years ago. It was put on hold after Meet Dave flopped. And I can't imagine that Norbit, which came out a year earlier, or Imagine That, which came out a year later, helped matters any. Probably the only reason it was finally released is because Tower Heist was actually good, otherwise it would probably still be sitting on the shelf unreleased. :lol:
Yes, the Eddy Murphy movie. Don't have high hopes for it, first thought it was a drama but the premise had me interested. Then found out it was a comedy which lowered my expectations. But I'm still planning to watch it someday.

Goddammit I love those teasers for The Master.

Looking forward to : -

Skyfall
The Hobbit: Part 1
The Dark Knight Returns (animated movie)
The Dark Knight Rises
The Amazing Spider-man
Resident Evil: Retribution
The Bourne Legacy

(I could have posted in "Random Movie Thoughts" but I chose to necropost this one instead.)

I fell in love with Argo the moment the first title card appeared.

Argo, Lincoln, The Master, Looper, Life of Pi, The Hobbit have all all been great so far! Here's hoping Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty and Les Miserables end the year on a strong note (Ha).

For my taste, Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers and Prometheus win most disappointing of 2012. But at least Red Letter Media, Honest Trailers and How it Should Have Ended have been there to ease the pain.

DominicCobb said:
1. The Dark Knight Rises (by far my most anticipated)
2. The Hobbit (been waiting forever for this one)
3. Prometheus (for obvious reasons)
4. The Avengers (come on guys! It'll be good fun)
6. Lincoln (always up for another film by Spielberg, my favorite director)
7. Skyfall (it's James Bond)
8. The Master (PTA's the shit)
9. The Amazing Spiderman (has a lot of potential)
10. Zero Dark Thirty (loved The Hurt Locker so I can't wait for this)
12. Argo (Gone Baby Gone and The Town were both great)
13. The Bourne Legacy (liked the Bourne trilogy, trailer doesn't imply any disappointment)
14. Brave (have yet to miss a Pixar film)
15. Piranha 3DD (first one was hilarious)
Looking back at what I anticipated, most things went well. Some... not as much.

1. TDKR is still my favorite film of the year.
2. Just saw the Hobbit and it's amazing.
3. I was one of the few people who actually really liked Prometheus, but, looking back, I think I expected more from it.
4. The Avengers was awesome, as expected.
5. Still can't wait for Django Unchained.
6. Lincoln is probably my number two this year.
7. Skyfall is even better than I could have hoped.
8. The Master is simply incredible, easily in my top 3 this year.
9. I loved TASM, though I don't know if it really fulfilled its full potential. Really looking forward to the sequel, though.
10. ZDT still looks like it will be excellent.
11. Gatsby was pushed to next year, and I'm having serious second thoughts about it.
12. Argo was simply outstanding, and is now my favorite Affleck film, and is one of my top movies this year.
13. Bourne Legacy was getting bad reviews, so I decided to wait for the DVD.
14. Brave was good, but not Pixar good.
15. Piranha 3DD got awful reviews, and I don't plan on going anywhere near it, ever. Shame.

As for the rest of the year, I'm still waiting for Django and ZDT, like I mentioned, and I plan on seeing Les Miserables, Silver Linings Playbook, and hopefully Life of Pi and Killing Them Softly before they leave theaters.

DominicCobb said:
15. Piranha 3DD got awful reviews, and I don't plan on going anywhere near it, ever. Shame.

It was alright, but a big disappointment compared to the first film.

i recommend P2 by redwateryoda.

Those are movies I've seen in theater this year, from the best to the worst...to me.
(maybe I forgot some titles, not sure)
There is no movie on my list that I truely hated. Even the last one.
Note: a lot of movies you guys saw are not released yet in France, like Lincoln for example. and some others you maybe saw in 2011 were released in 2012 here. Like The grey.
I also watched every movies on this list with french dub (except Prometheus that I watched a second time with french subs in theater) I think it should be mentioned.

01 - The Hobbit
02 - Titanic 3D (loved in it 98, can't rate it worse in 2012!)
03 - Prometheus (maybe I overrate this one a bit I admit.)
04 - The Dark Knight Rises
05 - Skyfall
06 - The Avengers
07 - The Impossible
08 - Cloclo (french movie about a french pop/disco singer, Claude François. The guy who wrote the original version of My Way. BTW)
09 - The Grey
10 - Trouble with the Curve (simple little movie, but very charming)
11 - Looper
12 - Taken 2 (not as good as the first, but I liked it)
13 - John Carter ( maybe a bit underrated on my list)
14 - MIB III (but pretty good for a third one)
15 - Underworld Awakening (bad, but I liked it a lot. Shame on me)
16 - The Woman in Black (good looking movie, but not scary)
17 - Total Recall (although not as bad as I thought)
18 - De Rouille et d'Os (not a bad movie by itslef, good filiming, good actors, etc... but I was personally very disapointed to feel nothing for the characters. Looks like the director did not want to use the regular tricks of the cinema to create emotion... and yup, no real emotions, other than some great actors performances.)

I think Dredd 3D was my best movie this year. Seriously.

Saw Silver Linings Playbook, really enjoyed it, but it was too saccharin at the end.

1) Beasts of the Southern Wild
2) Cloud Atlas
3) Argo
4) Moonrise Kingdom
5) The Grey
6) Bernie
7) The Avengers
8) 21 Jump Street
9) Cabin in the Woods
10) Looper

My Top 10 (Didn't see a lot of the more recent films however)

Skyfall
The Dark Knight Rises
Seven Psychopaths
The Avengers
Looper
Dredd
21 Jump Street
Wreck-It-Ralph
The Bourne Legacy
Prometheus

My Top 5:

1) The Master
2) Django Unchained
3) Cabin In The Woods
4) Skyfall
5) Killing Them Softly

Honorable Mentions:

Avengers, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Dark Knight Rises, Looper, 21 Jump Street, Argo.

Have Yet To See But Want To:

Lincoln
Zero Dark Thirty
Flight
Cloud Atlas
Life of Pi

Back
Top Bottom