If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Under the Dome [2013] - a summer miniseries!
Haven't read the book, but as a huge fan of the Mist movie, I'm pretty excited for this... I definitely dig it when an absurd high-concept idea is taken utterly seriously:

Best of all, however, as a miniseries, it should have a coherent sense of where it's going and build to a kick-ass, memorable conclusion, unlike some other open-ended high-concept shows I always avoided but could nevertheless name. :-P

Anyone here read the book? Any non-spoiler opinions on it and whether it ends well? Smile
I thought this was a tv show and I really wasn't interested. Now that I know it's a miniseries, I might have to check it out.
Looks like it could be good, didn't read the book. Sweet that Brian K Vaughan wrote it.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Boooks been sitting on my shelf for at least a year or so, think I'll wait for some reviews before I try the show as the last few King miniseries have been bloody awful.
'Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves'

Bill

Guybrush: Im looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
Cannibal: I dont want to hear anymore about it.

Ahhh The Cuttlefish & Asparagus or The Vanilla Paste?
-Chinese guy
Cool! Really looking forward to this, as I love Stephen King's ideas but hate his writing style. (I love The Mist and The Shining as films, The Stand as comic adaptation, and I also loved the most King-inspired parts of Lost. Sadly, the good adaptations are few and far between.)

Brian K. Vaughan is almost a guarantee that this will be at least decent (and better than most King miniseries). He's probably the most solid writer in comics (have you ever read a truly bad Vaughan issue?), and he also has screenwriting experience (his Lost episodes were all excellent). Also, the directors seem very capable: Niels Arden Oplev made the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (original title: "Män som hatar kvinnor" (literally "Men Who Hate Women")), which was good, and made Noomi Rapace a star; and Jack Bender (more or less the man (in addition to J.J.) who made Lost the best-looking show on TV) is on board for at least two episodes.

I actually have high hopes for this.
Oh, sweet, I didn't know Vaughan was involved! It may not be great, but that's practically a guarantee it won't suck, particularly with the plot/theme similarities to Y: The Last Man. :-D
Is it just me or does this show have really shitty dialog?
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
I see they're continuing this into a second season. Didn't the whole event only last a week in the book?
this show is really really stretched out.

a lot of soapy dialog and "dramatic cut to commerical" hinting at conflicts that then aren't there after the commercial.
like junior seeing the reporter and asking in a threatening way "what are YOU doing here?"
after the commercial just in a casual tone "what are you doing here?"

it really is an average to bad adaption or TV series in general
Things I'd kill for:
1. Saw footage without blur filters
2. Shared Dark Tower movie universe

It's good it was a summer series otherwise I would have dropped it by now. I suppose I could watch something else (finally watch Breaking Bad?), but it is holding my interest just enough to stick with it. Though I can't say why; I read the book and know what's coming (for the most part).