If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Wired | Geekdad | Star Wars – The Fandom Editors (Mentions Frink, Q2, Harmy, TMBTM)
doubleofive Wrote:Big Grin

Nathan came to me with Despecialized, Revisited, & Filmumentaries on his list, I added War of the Stars & Ridiculous for him. I felt like those (plus Q2) really represent the miriad of possibilities with fan edits.

It's also a coincidence that I'm in the credits for most of the them... ;-)

Yeah... It didn't feel like they were dissing any particular edit by not mentioning it, but rather offering edits that represented varying themes/styles of SW edits (i.e. traditional, comical, preservation, etc.).
All in all, it's just nice to have fanediting get some positive publicity. Not a lot of publicity out there and what there is is usually filled with negativity regarding the legality of what we do, written by people who don't really know the first thing about it.
Completed: Nothing yet.

In the works:Revenge of the Jedi; Heroes Chapter One: Genesis; Heroes Chapter Two: Clockwork;
Heroes Chapter Three: Untitled
Quote:negativity regarding the legality of what we do
and negativity regarding the GEEKYNESS of what we do. people see it one step above fan fiction and cosplayers.
(which, given some cos players out there, i hardly take as an insult.) (i'll let others search their own examples.)
Firstling attempt coming soon. i hope.
huzzah. some expozhure for this hidden art. thanks for posting, wabid.

the article reminds: i'z needz to see adywan's cut.

TV's Frink Wrote:Forgot to mention that despite what it says in the article, I'm not likely to do all six movies.

slacker. :-P
Ok, look for it in 2040.
TV's Frink Wrote:What a cool article Smile

005 contacted me a little while back to let me know he is twitter pals with the writer and he was going to suggest my edit for his article, but I had no idea I would get just more than a brief mention. And including the vimeo links? Yay!

And congrats to TMBTM and Q2, and also to hebrides for getting well-deserved credit for the TRM cover art he made.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that despite what it says in the article, I'm not likely to do all six movies.

Aww, man! And I was counting on being able to make four more covers...

Seriously, congrats to all, and it's very, very surreal seeing my artwork on Wired...one might even call it ridiculous ;-)
Criticism is good. Suggestions are better.
ONGOING: Hebrides's Box o' Tutorials
ssj Wrote:the article reminds: i'z needz to see adywan's cut.

You should! Smile When I heard everyone else gushing about it, I thought they must be overdoing it. Then I saw it myself, and now I can't stop recommending it to everyone else!

So, basically: We're all in a cult together.
Now Wired is a prestigious and well respected publication, congrats on getting this kind of publicity guys
The more I think about it. The edits mentioned in the article really are the minimum fanedits you should have in your collection. If those are the only fanedits you have, you'd be a happy fellow indeed. Of course it's reccomended you get as many as possible Big Grin
Completed: Nothing yet.

In the works:Revenge of the Jedi; Heroes Chapter One: Genesis; Heroes Chapter Two: Clockwork;
Heroes Chapter Three: Untitled
Neglify Wrote:You're gonna do SEVEN movies!

[Image: 40953851.jpg]

hahahahahahaha
STILL AVAILABLE- only 2 left Fanedit.org skateboards
for skating or decoratvie purposes- shoot me a PM
probably never coming soon:
Taxi Driver in a Damaged Brain, EL Topo: ripping the guts out and
Escape from Doomsday: 2019