• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Wired | Geekdad | Star Wars – The Fandom Editors (Mentions Frink, Q2, Harmy, TMBTM)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, that's pretty awesome. They even include a link to Frink's full edit on Vimeo! :eek: Awesome find.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great list! I hope this leads to more downloads for these wonderful editors.

If anyone wants to mention a favorite edit that wasn't included, they can do so in the comments section below.

CalMusquez

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love how they included Harmy's Despecialized Edition. Most people don't include it in their fanedit lists because they consider it a "preservation" not a "fanedit" which it technically is; but it is also, in a way, the ultimate fan edit. Even though it doesn't change the story, the amount of work that went into it still baffles me.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am yet to see the Despecialized. Must get on that!

Great article, and a nice cross section of edits.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What a cool article :)

005 contacted me a little while back to let me know he is twitter pals with the writer and he was going to suggest my edit for his article, but I had no idea I would get just more than a brief mention. And including the vimeo links? Yay!

And congrats to TMBTM and Q2, and also to hebrides for getting well-deserved credit for the TRM cover art he made.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that despite what it says in the article, I'm not likely to do all six movies.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I thought the part about "six movies" was funny, 'cuz you've never actually said that. :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
despite what it says in the article, I'm not likely to do six movies.

You're gonna do SEVEN movies!

40953851.jpg

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great article. It hit on all my favorites: SW Despecialized, SW Revisited and of course the incredible "The War of the Stars." I was inspired to download Q2's trilogy, because of the favorable write-up. (I'm downloading as a torrent and it is going slow)

doubleofive

Reaction score
Trophy Points
:D

Nathan came to me with Despecialized, Revisited, & Filmumentaries on his list, I added War of the Stars & Ridiculous for him. I felt like those (plus Q2) really represent the miriad of possibilities with fan edits.

It's also a coincidence that I'm in the credits for most of the them... ;-)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
doubleofive said:
:D

Nathan came to me with Despecialized, Revisited, & Filmumentaries on his list, I added War of the Stars & Ridiculous for him. I felt like those (plus Q2) really represent the miriad of possibilities with fan edits.

It's also a coincidence that I'm in the credits for most of the them... ;-)

Yeah... It didn't feel like they were dissing any particular edit by not mentioning it, but rather offering edits that represented varying themes/styles of SW edits (i.e. traditional, comical, preservation, etc.).

CalMusquez

Reaction score
Trophy Points
All in all, it's just nice to have fanediting get some positive publicity. Not a lot of publicity out there and what there is is usually filled with negativity regarding the legality of what we do, written by people who don't really know the first thing about it.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
negativity regarding the legality of what we do
and negativity regarding the GEEKYNESS of what we do. people see it one step above fan fiction and cosplayers.
(which, given some cos players out there, i hardly take as an insult.) (i'll let others search their own examples.)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
huzzah. some expozhure for this hidden art. thanks for posting, wabid.

the article reminds: i'z needz to see adywan's cut.

TV's Frink said:
Forgot to mention that despite what it says in the article, I'm not likely to do all six movies.

slacker. :p

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, look for it in 2040.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
What a cool article :)

005 contacted me a little while back to let me know he is twitter pals with the writer and he was going to suggest my edit for his article, but I had no idea I would get just more than a brief mention. And including the vimeo links? Yay!

And congrats to TMBTM and Q2, and also to hebrides for getting well-deserved credit for the TRM cover art he made.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that despite what it says in the article, I'm not likely to do all six movies.

Aww, man! And I was counting on being able to make four more covers...

Seriously, congrats to all, and it's very, very surreal seeing my artwork on Wired...one might even call it ridiculous ;-)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
the article reminds: i'z needz to see adywan's cut.

You should! :) When I heard everyone else gushing about it, I thought they must be overdoing it. Then I saw it myself, and now I can't stop recommending it to everyone else!

So, basically: We're all in a cult together.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now Wired is a prestigious and well respected publication, congrats on getting this kind of publicity guys

CalMusquez

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The more I think about it. The edits mentioned in the article really are the minimum fanedits you should have in your collection. If those are the only fanedits you have, you'd be a happy fellow indeed. Of course it's reccomended you get as many as possible :D

Top Bottom