• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What are you listening to at the moment?

Jesus, did this album really come out almost exactly 20-years ago:

tih1.jpg

I'd forgotten how great the video for the title track was. All the visual references to Hollywood films of the 30s/40s, film-noirs and Busby Berkley musicals look even better when I've been watching them recently.

and the video for 'A little soul' makes the song sound even more tragic and sad (if such a thing were possible):

What's more worrying is Different Class came out 23 years ago and i remember handing over my record voucher like it was yesterday.

IDLES are currently on the turntable....this lot played locally a few months back and a thoroughly threatening and enjoyable night it was too.

wonderful video ...check out Evel Kneivel  :) 

who said they don't make bands like they use too.

http://https://vimeo.com/272949546[/video]

I've been re-listening to some Petula Clark. "Downtown" may be her biggest hit, but I consider this song to be her true masterpiece.

I discovered this gem just yesterday, thanks to a post by @"bionicbob" in which he shared a fan film that featured it.

TM2YC said:
Jesus, did this album really come out almost exactly 20-years ago:

A great album! It's a shame it flopped somewhat as it was a little less accessible than different class. I saw them at the NEC on this tour and they closed half of the stadium off as they only managed half capacity in sales. On the plus side though I got front row! Pulp hold a very special place in my heart, Jarvis is a true one off! I tried to convince the missus to have 'Something Changed' as our wedding song but we settled for 'Lets Stay Together' by Al Green in the end.

The new Pineapple Thief album Dissolution came out last week. It's a great follow-up to their previous album Your Wilderness.

While rewatching ROTJ, I really enjoyed John Williams' score, among them this little awesome bit:

Just got the full soundtrack of The Odd Couple, which came with the score for Barefoot in the Park.

I've really grown to like The Prodigy over the past few weeks and I don't know why I didn't start listening to them much sooner.

Back
Top Bottom