• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Judge Dredd: Redemption

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dreddposterlarge.jpg

NOTE: This edit has filters on it to give it a gritty feel.

Fanedit Film Name

Judge Dredd: Redemption

Brief Synopsis
In a dystopian future, Dredd, the most famous judge is convicted for a crime he did not commit.

Faneditor Name

juice4z0

Tagline

I am the law!

Original Film Name

Judge Dredd

Studio Name

Hollywood Pictures

Genre

Action

Franchise

-

Fanedit Type

FanFix

Original Running Time

96 minutes

Original Release Date

Fanedit Running Time

82 minutes

Fanedit Release Date

September 2012

Amount of time cut.

14 minutes

Intention

My main focus doing this edit was to try and take out most of the comedy relief and try and make it a slightly more serious movie. Its obviously a Stallone/90's action movie. But still I always despised what Rob Schneider brought to this movie with his over acting and stupid one liners. Only they hero gets one liners! So overall it was mostly nips and tucks and slight rearranging.

Cut-List

Cut List:
-Added custom title to title sequence along with custom juice4z0 edit title card
-Cut entire opening scene with Rob Schneider and now after the text scroll it cut’s directly to the block wars.
-Cut all instances of Rob Schneider speaking from block wars until after Dredd has cleared the building, we do not hear anything from him until he emerges from the Service Droid.
- Cut the drunk driver in the Lamborghini scene, it now cuts in as the security is coming to arrest Dredd
-Rearranged and cut most of the prison flight scene. All comedy has been removed and the outlaws are not reveled, we only see a rocket being launched at the ship. Keeping the outlaws a mystery until Dredd sees’s them.
- Cut out most of the speaking parts from Rob Schneider during the Outlaw cave scene. Some of Rob Schneider’s reactions to the fight are left in mainly due to the fact I had nothing to cut too. So some of it had to stay for continuity.
-Added audio hanger to the end of the scene where Rico escapes into Megacity to add a nice ending to the scene
-Cut most of the conversation between Dredd and Rob Schneider outside the Wall’s to Megacity. Now it’s much more of a what do we need to do, instead of a “Awwww why do we have to go in there” type scene.
-Cut various reactions and one liners from Rob Schneider to tone down his stupidness during the escape from the Council chambers and the Bike chase. Including when Rob Schneider tell’s Dredd he peed his pants.
-Cut various reactions and over acting from Rob Schneider during the scene in Dredd’s apartment. (Well it could be Hershey’s they were not clear on that part)
-Cut Rob Schneider’s line about fixing the popcorn maker
-Cut Rob Schneider’s lines at the end of the movie, we simply see him for a few seconds on a stretcher so that we know he lived.
-Rescored the credits

Special Notes/Thanks

Rogue-theX for watching my work print and suggestion many things that helped make this edit better.

Technical Info
Vegas 10
Dvd Architect
Cool Edit Pro

Release information

• Single Layer DVD
  • MP4
Rar Password:

fanedit.org

NOTE: This edit has filters on it to give it a gritty feel.

Awesome! Looking forward to watching this.

BTW, you might want to change the brief synopsis. ;)

Edit: Just read your cut list. Not sure if I want to watch it now. :lol: Seems like you could have called it "Judge Dredd: The Rob Schneider Almost-Free Cut." I love Rob Schneider.

Frantic Canadian said:
I love Rob Schneider.

I want to give you an internet fustigation so badly, but you get a pass for all your hard work on IFDB.

Hey juice, is there an ITW thread for this? I haven't found it.

TV's Frink said:
Hey juice, is there an ITW thread for this? I haven't found it.

No sir, I never announced this one before now, I was just working on it as i had time. :)

Frantic Canadian said:
Edit: Just read your cut list. Not sure if I want to watch it now. :lol: Seems like you could have called it "Judge Dredd: The Rob Schneider Almost-Free Cut." I love Rob Schneider.

Well in that case why don't i just send you the links to the FvJ work print :p

I watched this the other night to have fair comparison to Dredd - it seriously goes downhill quite literally when he takes the helmet off. Not sure I could bare to watch it again, but this might work. What about the 'love' angle? Remove any of that? I mean Hershey kissing Dredd etc? What about the 'I knew you'd say that' stuff?

Conversation that bothered me was when Schneider makes Dredd look like a tosser, the one on the ship where he mocks Dredd about the law etc and why he's there and Schneiders attempt at Stallone saying 'I am dur law'.

I thought about removing the entire sequence with the Angel gang to make it less convaluted. (Too many 2000AD characters, and these guys deserved a film on their own).

Anyway, hope this is worthwhile.

white43 said:
I watched this the other night to have fair comparison to Dredd - it seriously goes downhill quite literally when he takes the helmet off. Not sure I could bare to watch it again, but this might work. What about the 'love' angle? Remove any of that? I mean Hershey kissing Dredd etc?

Yeah the kiss is still there, i didnt find the minor arch to be that big of a deal it was subtly done

What about the 'I knew you'd say that' stuff?

Some of them have been cut but some have been left, in the end every action hero has his one liners. I did want some comedy left in the film so i let Dredd deal with the subtle comedy instead of letting Rob sit there and ham it up the entire movie.

Conversation that bothered me was when Schneider makes Dredd look like a tosser, the one on the ship where he mocks Dredd about the law etc and why he's there and Schneiders attempt at Stallone saying 'I am dur law'.
The prison ship scene is all but cut down to Schneider recognizing Dredd, as soon as he does the ship is hit with the rocket. in turn cutting all the stupid conversations between the two

I thought about removing the entire sequence with the Angel gang to make it less convaluted. (Too many 2000AD characters, and these guys deserved a film on their own).

The Angel gang was cut down to a very bare form. They serve a purpose of shooting down the ship and freeing dread, other than that

Anyway, hope this is worthwhile.

I hope you enjoy

This sounds cool Juice. I think I'll have a bash!

Just downloaded this one.... I'm going to give it a go before I see Dredd this weekend...

This was a nice surprise! I will also check it before i go see Dredd

I absolutely love this movie, so a fresh take on it is always welcome. Will be watching this tonight for sure :)

Glad to see a good response to the release of the edit. One thing i would like to point out is the SL DVD is the proper way to view the edit. The MP4 is a low quality re-encode of the dvd. The only reason I bring this up is the Grain effect looks much better on the SL-DVD. An 1080p version will be released at a later date.

I have already watched the first 10 minutes of the edit. I'll say right now that I'm not a fan of the grain effect, and I believe that although the editor's intentions were clear, the effect missed its mark. Nonetheless, once accustomed to, it does not intrude further viewing. An IFDB review will follow within the next few days.

Kal-El said:
I have already watched the first 10 minutes of the edit. I'll say right now that I'm not a fan of the grain effect, and I believe that although the editor's intentions were clear, the effect missed its mark. Nonetheless, once accustomed to, it does not intrude further viewing. An IFDB review will follow within the next few days.

It is an option for me to upload a version without the grain. Thanks for taking a watch and reviewing it :)

juice4z0 said:
It is an option for me to upload a version without the grain. Thanks for taking a watch and reviewing it :)
Don't do that, it's just my personal opinion. I'm sure other people will feel otherwise. I've always been a fan of Stallone's Dredd film, even if it's just for its corny dialogue, excessive action and blatant disregard for the source material. I'll definitely review it :)

I'm about 10 minutes from the end, and I have to say, that it rocks! It's definitely a tighter version, and the cuts work very well indeed. I will say though, I have to agree with Kal-El about the grain, but it does grow on you once you get used to it. I'll definitely watch it again, though, but I do still love the original version, mainly because I'm a huge Stallone fan, so this is a cool alternate version to the original.

Can`t wait to see this final version, the WP was great! Keep up the good work, juice. :)

i used jdownloader to get the movie but it says there is a password to open it. Help!

Back
Top Bottom