If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Dark Tower
In a couple years we will look back and remember that the show jumped the shark at the moment when Walter rang the bell and William Bell's spirit possessed Olivia. At that moment they abandoned science, which is the crux of the show, it began its downward slide. I hope I am wrong and next season is awesome, but I fear that will not be the case.

They fell into the same trap that the Wachowski Brothers did with Matrix. They established a great story with the war between the two Universes. Instead of being content to see that story through to a logical and satisfying conclusion, they felt they needed to continually surprise the audience with crazy new story twists. This is where we presently stand. Right now fans remain hopeful, but what they have done is thrown out a great story for a confusing mess of a story that will end badly for fans, just as Lost did.

Sorry to be so cynical. I hope I am proven wrong, but I would be willing to bet that I am not.
Projects Completed:
Matrix Revolutions - The Epic Edition
The Two Towers Rebuilt

Projects truly In the Works:
Star Trek (2009): Gem Edition

Projects kinda sorta conceptually In The Works:
Riddick: The Chronicles
Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi
Who Watches The Watchmen
In a couple years we will look back and remember that the show jumped the shark at the moment when Walter rang the bell and William Bell's spirit possessed Olivia. At that moment they abandoned science, which is the crux of the show, and it began its downward slide. I hope I am wrong and next season is awesome, but I fear that will not be the case.

They fell into the same trap that the Wachowski Brothers did with Matrix. They established a great story with the war between the two Universes. Instead of being content to see that story through to a logical and satisfying conclusion, they felt they needed to continually surprise the audience with crazy new story twists where everything gets turned on its head. This is where we presently stand. Right now fans remain hopeful, but what they have effectively done is thrown out a great story for a confusing mess of a story that will end badly for fans, just as Lost did.

Sorry to be so cynical. I hope I am proven wrong, but I would be willing to bet that I am not.
Projects Completed:
The Two Towers Rebuilt

Who Watches The Watchmen
Quote:They fell into the same trap that the Wachowski Brothers did with Matrix. They established a great story with the war between the two Universes. Instead of being content to see that story through to a logical and satisfying conclusion, they felt they needed to continually surprise the audience with crazy new story twists where everything gets turned on its head. This is where we presently stand. Right now fans remain hopeful, but what they have effectively done is thrown out a great story for a confusing mess of a story that will end badly for fans, just as Lost did.

not to get too much off topic but as an avid matrix defender I must always point out that I don't understand why people think Matrix 2 and 3 got lost storywise
Things I'd kill for:
1. Saw footage without blur filters
2. Shared Dark Tower movie universe

Sunarep Wrote:not to get too much off topic but as an avid matrix defender I must always point out that I don't understand why people think Matrix 2 and 3 got lost storywise

It would take this thread way too off topic for me to respond to that. If you ever get around to listening to it, I do try to outline the reasons why in my Matrix edit commentary.
Projects Completed:
The Two Towers Rebuilt

Who Watches The Watchmen
geminigod Wrote:It would take this thread way too off topic for me to respond to that. If you ever get around to listening to it, I do try to outline the reasons why in my Matrix edit commentary.

avchd version?
Things I'd kill for:

yeah, all versions. The first couple seconds are cut off in the DVD version. Smile
Projects Completed:
The Two Towers Rebuilt

Who Watches The Watchmen
Semi Dark Tower news: David Yates (Harry Potter 5-8) is close to finish a deal with Warner Brothers about an adaption of The Stand

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/08/11/dav...-the-stand

If one universe would profit from a marvel like avengers advertisement The Stand would be a great first stepping stone in this story... but I am dreaming too much
Things I'd kill for:

Sunarep Wrote:Semi Dark Tower news: David Yates (Harry Potter 5-8) is close to finish a deal with Warner Brothers about an adaption of The Stand

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/08/11/dav...-the-stand

If one universe would profit from a marvel like avengers advertisement The Stand would be a great first stepping stone in this story... but I am dreaming too much

Interesting, I'm the proud owner of the dual sided dvd release of the 1994 The Stand mini series, which as far as I know it hasn't been reissued since the early 2000s.

Haven't watched in a while and perhaps it could feel dated on rewatch yet I really loved it when I was a teen.

I can only hope that this new adaptation does it justice.
havok1977 Wrote:Interesting, I'm the proud owner of the dual sided dvd release of the 1994 The Stand mini series, which as far as I know it hasn't been reissued since the early 2000s.

Haven't watched in a while and perhaps it could feel dated on rewatch yet I really loved it when I was a teen.

I can only hope that this new adaptation does it justice.

I bought "Le fléau" at fnac for 10 euros, haven't watched the series in a while but I could never take flagg seriously (probably Because i read the book before watching the movie and the scene with the dead doe just looks hilarious in the series + mel gibson flagg)
Things I'd kill for:

Sunarep Wrote:I bought "Le fléau" at fnac for 10 euros, haven't watched the series in a while but I could never take flagg seriously (probably Because i read the book before watching the movie and the scene with the dead doe just looks hilarious in the series + mel gibson flagg)

Cool thing you were able to get it, I got my copy around 10 years ago and while I'm not saying that I keep tabs on its availability I know that the NTSC DVD-18 (dual layer, dual sided) version I got is out of print.

And yeah, I remember that the guy they got for Flagg back then is not really that menacing, but perhaps he got to me at the time thru apparent evil subtlety; I'd have to set aside 6 hours to rewatch and have a fresh opinion though...