• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Gaith's Fan Edit Shorts - New: Al Stewart's "Trains"

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
EDIT: This thread is now devoted to showcasing my fan edit shorts!  :)

"Gaithing out for a Hero"

"Screen Beauties, 1999-2010"

"Ye Olde Polar Express"

"A Supergirl"

"How Peter Jackson's King Kong Should Have Ended"

"How The Lord of the Rings Should Have Ended"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxVI9GdeDfw[/video]

"Gaith Presents: A Tribute to Cinema"
https://vimeo.com/55069217[/video]

"James Cameron's STARCRAFT"
https://vimeo.com/56350236[/video]

"How James Cameron's TITANIC should have ended"
https://vimeo.com/71647621[/video]

"Projected Beauty: A Rachel Weisz Supercut"
https://vimeo.com/58754619[/video]

I was watching the Hero video and thinking "what the hell's this music", then I realised what it was and it fit the video perfectly. Really liked it. I thought it was going to be too long, but it never got boring.
Don't know what to say except I really enjoyed it.

I liked the Beauties video too, but not nearly as much. It was a nice idea to make it black & white, but I think colour might have made it more beautiful.
While watching it, I kept thinking, wouldn't it be great to start off with beautiful women in Period Costume Dramas and romantic roles etc, then jump to beauties in action.

Anyway, nice videos, I really enjoyed them!

Thanks! I chose b&w for the ladies...

- to create a different experience from the heroes vid
- because, while the hero shots were designed by the original makers to show off the action, most of the babe shots were reaction shots, crowded with unnecessary detail, which b&w reduces, and
- the musical accompaniment is slower, and the b&w gave the footage a calmer feel.

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Very nice, a good watch :)

I actually liked the B&W for most of the lady stuff. Gave it a nice classic feel.

^ Thanks, both of ya! :)

Hero's video is absolutely full of win! Nice one Gaith :)

Bumped for renewed appreciation. :p

Both vids are nicely done.:)

Hero one got my adrenaline pumping in a few spots (Morpheus rising in the Bathroom Brawl, Hulk leaping out the hall, Spidey swinging between the truck's crevice, etc.). Even though I thought Shrek 2 was disappointing, the use of "I Need a Hero" in the finale really energized me.

Enjoyed it, Gaith. :)

AEmovieguy said:
Hero one got my adrenaline pumping in a few spots

the screen beauties one got my blood pumping in a certain area... I mean, um

Great job on the first vid, Gaith. (I haven't watched the second.) I'm all for Jim Steinman music vids.

Someone oughta make a fan edit (of sorts) of a series of shorts (that presumably occur during the same night), each set to a different Steinman song. That could quite possibly be the most awesome thing ever made.

Thanks, all! Short music videos/montages, IMHO are an under-appreciated potential aspect of fan editing amongst us Serious Fan Editors, no doubt due in large part to the huge quantities of lame-ass ones thrown up on youtube - but still, as Mr. Moore says, worth thinking about. :)

The "Hero" video was actually inspired by a Paramount promo from my old First Contact VHS. I would've liked to include a lot more movie quotes/sound effects like it did, but was/am not enough of badass to isolate the dialogue from their various scores. Anyhow, if one can stomach Top Gun being mashed up with Apocalypse Now, here it is:

This thread is now devoted to showcasing my fan edit shorts! :)

And, to celebrate, here's a brand new one for y'all:

"A Supergirl"

^ Wow, what a tribute! Thanks, hombre! :)

Nice montage of Helen Slater. Thanks for that!

Ever been to "Soarin'" - either at Disney's California Adventure in CA or Disney's Hollywood Sudios in FL? I always thought there was a "Superman" connection: just before the pre-show with Patrick Warburton, the camera is flying through the clouds and the names of California cities fly at you like the "Superman II" opening credits. It's been a long time since I've seen "Supergirl", but MAN! Kara's first flight... It looks like the Disney Imagineers lifted that stuff WHOLESALE, man!

Well, again... thanks.

(Look up Soarin' on YT and you'll see what I mean!)

definite superman/boy/girl/dog vibes from the soarin' over california ride. i'm sure they consciously copied the title format.

i don't have direct experience, but i bet that ride is bitchin' if inebriated.

Back
Top Bottom