• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Halloween 2 (Rob Zombie)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
holy crap-on-a-stick, was this movie f#@%ing terrible. I haven't seen most of Rob Zombie's films, because frankly they don't interest me, but overall I can say I was pleasantly surprised by the first Halloween remake. The leaked workprint was head and shoulders better than the theatrical, but the theatrical was still enjoyable.

This was just bad. Bad, bad, bad. Its not scary at all, there is no sympathy for any of the characters, and it drags. Its boring brutal killing, after boring brutal killing, with Zombie trying to force this cool artsy dream sequence garbage. FAIL.

I whole heartedly agree. This was monster suckage.

Just peaked at the imdb page for it.
So Laurie is cussing like all the other white trash in RZ movies, huh?

Laurie Strode: [Yelling outside her house, drunk] Hey, world! Guess what. I'm Michael Myers' sister! I'm so fucked!
I lol'd
edit: best review
I am 15 and my mom took my friend and I too see the movie last night. I was looking forward to seeing it since I have sen every Halloween movie made. I very disappointed with the movie though. I was expecting the Micael Myers that walks slow but somehow catches up to his victims, I was expecting him to murder by using his knife, to wear his mask...instead he walks at a normal pace, kills many different ways, and he doesn't always wear his mask. The movie was mainly blood and guts, it was a gore movie not a horror movie!! Although, I found the ending quite funny when Lori walks out of the shack with the mask on(my friend and I were cracking up, I was crying I was laughing so hard!!) This movie is not for people who like the original Michael Myers and who do not like blood and guts. I am mad that I wasted my money to see this movie!!
At least it ends funny!

Well after a few mins i turned it off. Next day i thought well i might as well finished it. My god i wish i haddn't it is terrible! and the worse hting is Rob Zombie in many interviews said he had no intentions of making a sequel to H1 and wanted someone else to tackle it. Then why the hell make the sequel? thats why he changed the ending in the first place, the alternate ending for II is also just as bad as the unrated one.

I went to see this opening week, I went on Tuesday so it only cost me 4.20$, and I was severly disappointed with it. I liked the first one but this one really sucked. The worst part was the damn ghost mom scenes. I really hated that he made Dr. Loomis a money-grubbing publicity whore too but I could have dealt with that if only he hadn't had to have his wife in yet another one of his movies. What the hell is up with the ghost mom thing anyways? I hope somebody edits this movie and gets rid of ghost mom completely.

in my opinion, no fanedit can ever save this train wreck. OK, so if you remove the stupid ghost mom crap, what are you left with? 60-90 minutes of boring brutal murders, and characters we hate? plot? methinks not. I hope no editor wastes their time with this.

ThrowgnCpr said:
in my opinion, no fanedit can ever save this train wreck. OK, so if you remove the stupid ghost mom crap, what are you left with? 60-90 minutes of boring brutal murders, and characters we hate? plot? methinks not. I hope no editor wastes their time with this.

...I actually am. Haha, I am editing the original and the sequel with the directors cuts and the theatrical, It wasn't so horrible for me, but as I watched I thought of a way to bring together both films, and highten the supernatural aspects. I dunno, Its almost done for me, check out my edit videos.

ThrowgnCpr said:

The first film was pretty much the same as I recall but it was still enjoyable. It's been a while since I've seen the second film but I think it can be salvaged by removing ghost mom.

Frantic Canadian said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

The first film was pretty much the same as I recall but it was still enjoyable. It's been a while since I've seen the second film but I think it can be salvaged by removing ghost mom.

I tried to do this, but I think it would be completely impossible...so I embraced it, and moved some of the scenes throughout the first film to match the 2nd, and I am trying to work with the horse.

impliedfacepalm.jpg

Haven't seen this yet. The Devils Rejects is probably the best horror film of the last 20 years. while House of 1000 Corpses was fairly entertaining. I thought his Halloween remake was interesting, it certainly had an original approach even if it was pretty heavy handed and the acting was bad. I've heard very mixed reviews about this one so I do look forward to seeing it: many of the people who hate it also hated the first one (which as I say I enjoyed), and as I haven't seen a Rob Zombie film that I dislike so far I am very curious about this one.

FoolsFollowing said:
Haven't seen this yet. The Devils Rejects is probably the best horror film of the last 20 years. while House of 1000 Corpses was fairly entertaining. I thought his Halloween remake was interesting, it certainly had an original approach even if it was pretty heavy handed and the acting was bad. I've heard very mixed reviews about this one so I do look forward to seeing it: many of the people who hate it also hated the first one (which as I say I enjoyed), and as I haven't seen a Rob Zombie film that I dislike so far I am very curious about this one.

I never considered "The Devil's Rejects" to be a horror film, but an homage to the grindhouse genre. And as for his Halloween films, I saw both during opening week and enjoyed the first one but hated the second one. I picked up the second one on Blu-Ray only because I've got every single other Halloween film on DVD, and it was only 10$ at Wal-Mart. For some reason I actually enjoyed it the second time around, even though it still had all the elements I hated the first time I saw it.

THIS

MOVIE

IS

TERRIBLE.

it can not be salvaged, it should be forgotten forever.

forever.gif

I don't even care if Platinum Dunes gets Halloween. They couldn't do any worse with it than the last three films.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Mikey Myers.... I invite any attempt at another sequel/reboot by Platinum Dunes... People forget they are the same company behind the Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot... and the first one was amazing.. New beginning I still enjoyed as well... I also really enjoyed aspects of both the Friday the 13th and Nightmare reboots... I think people shit on Platinum Dunes movies far more then they should...

Look at them as seperate entities instead of looking at them as remakes and you'll probably enjoy them a lot more... like people that complained that Haley wasn't a good Freddy... Everyone knows Englund is the only true Freddy but Haley's spin on the character was great and he was excellent in the role and as an actor....

I say bring on more Michael Myers carnage.... and for the record I loved Rob Zombie's Halloween... Halloween II had great aspects but was obviously flawed by the white horse/ghost mother story aspect... but the other characters and more importantly the kills were violent and great...

That's my 2 cents on the matter lol

Whispers said:
I have a soft spot in my heart for Mikey Myers.... I invite any attempt at another sequel/reboot by Platinum Dunes... People forget they are the same company behind the Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot... and the first one was amazing.. New beginning I still enjoyed as well... I also really enjoyed aspects of both the Friday the 13th and Nightmare reboots... I think people shit on Platinum Dunes movies far more then they should...

Look at them as seperate entities instead of looking at them as remakes and you'll probably enjoy them a lot more... like people that complained that Haley wasn't a good Freddy... Everyone knows Englund is the only true Freddy but Haley's spin on the character was great and he was excellent in the role and as an actor....

That's my 2 cents on the matter lol

We hate for a reason, and that reason is Michael Bay. It's a very good reason to hate. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot was just okay, and The Beginning sucked so bad. I saw it at a discount theater for 2$ on a Tuesday and still felt ripped off. The only reason why I bought it, and I only paid 5$ for it brand new, is because I've got every single other film in the series on DVD.

The Friday The 13th remake wasn't very good either. Making Jason more human by having him kidnap somebody and hold her hostage, using people as bait, and various other human behaviors wasn't what any fan wanted to see. It's not a cool new way to look at Jason, it's a disgraceful attempt to cash in on one of the most beloved serial killers in horror movie history.

I'll admit though that I kinda liked the NOES remake, but only because they mainly stayed true to the original by pretty much lifting several scenes from the original. And while I liked that, I would have appreciated it more if they had used practical effects instead of cgi. Especially for the scene where Freddy comes out of Nancy's headboard. My main problem with the NOES remake was Freddy. I'm not not talking about Haley's performance, although it's been over a year since I've watched it so there might be elements of Haley's performance that I would change. First off let's talk about the horrible job they did with the make-up. Yes, I know, they did it because they wanted to give him a more authentic look of what a burn victim would look like. The thing is, nobody gives a crap about looking authentic when it comes to Freddy. We want the same make-up that we're used to. And while it's true that Freddy's make-up did change from one film to the next, it was still consistently the same throughout the franchise. Watching the remake I couldn't help feeling like I was watching Mason Verger from Hannibal dressed up as Freddy going around killing people. Then there's the wisecracks. Freddy didn't start being a parody of himself until several films into the series, yet in the remake they've got him spouting off one-liners as though this is just a sequel instead of a remake.

I fear for the future of horror franchises if it means that we have to worry about them being Bay-ified in the future.

Back
Top Bottom