If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.
Yup. Bet it sucks. Showing open disdain for a large amount of what happens in a single subforum even though it falls well within the rules of said subforum isn't a super inviting stance for a moderator, however. Reminds me of a forum I was on before... what was it again. Of course not nearly as extreme as that and i probably imagined intent that wasn't there anyway. I do that. It's part of my bit.
That's an extremely silly comparison.  The smart thing to do now would be to let it go.
Thanks dad. You're right, posting rubbish is more fun anyway
[+] 1 user Likes Possessed's post
(07-06-2019, 10:12 PM)Possessed Wrote: posting rubbish is more fun anyway

Which reminds me:

[Image: oldman.jpg]

“I have an identical twin. We were separated at birth. I haven’t seen him in 132 years.”

[Image: tumblr_mu8dn4OQem1snjmfvo2_500.jpg]​​​​​​​

[Image: oldman.jpg]

“BROTHER!”
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

Bhagavad Gita 2:12
Well, I for one don't care if lobster is a rare delicacy or a mere cheap source of protein.  It's a bug, and will never cross my palate.  Four legs good, eight legs wigs me the hell out.  I side with the prisoners.

Chopped into an unrecognizable shape and deep-fried, however, and all bets are off with pretty much any critter.
[+] 1 user Likes CatBus's post
(07-06-2019, 11:15 PM)CatBus Wrote: Well, I for one don't care if lobster is a rare delicacy or a mere cheap source of protein.  It's a bug, and will never cross my palate.  Four legs good, eight legs wigs me the hell out.  I side with the prisoners.

Go to 8:20.
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

Bhagavad Gita 2:12
FE has officially become the Sequel Trilogy to OT. All those good threads from the past are non-canonical Legends.

Side note... I really miss FlashChatting with blueyoda. FTG.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
(07-06-2019, 11:15 PM)CatBus Wrote: Well, I for one don't care if lobster is a rare delicacy or a mere cheap source of protein.  It's a bug, and will never cross my palate.  Four legs good, eight legs wigs me the hell out.  I side with the prisoners.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TVs Frink's post
I agree with Catbus, I feel gross eating Lobster.

Strangely, I don't mind eating crickets though.
Mega Man is best game. 
I hear the story from time to time that eating bugs is a very eco-friendly way for populations to get meat, etc.  And, yeah, I can understand the logic and it makes sense.  But for me it's just my brain yelling "NOPE" when I try to open my mouth near one of those things.

The worst part about those stories is they often have a "well, what do they taste like?" bit.  Where someone says "well, spiders taste like crab, scorpions taste like lobster" and so on, and I think, "You don't say!  They taste like their aquatic counterparts, just maybe a bit less salty?  Who could possibly have guessed that one set of bugs taste like another set of bugs that looks more or less exactly like them?"  Nobody ever comes on the show to announce "we already eat bugs all the time, we just don't call them bugs if we eat them.  There's even a national chain restaurant named after one of the biggest, yecchiest bugs in the world!"