If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Fan Edit Of The Year Awards 2019 (Winners & Runners-Up on page 2)
(06-08-2020, 06:25 AM)lapis molari Wrote: The two-month voting period for the FEOTY categories is almost over! Polls close this Friday night.

It was set extra long to accommodate that it's harder to schedule your life under Covid. So by now everyone's had enough time to watch every candidate for every category. Wink

This is your last week to vote!

Thanks for the reminder lapis molari and to repeat my earlier comment...

(04-13-2020, 04:05 AM)TM2YC Wrote: please don't feel you can't vote because you've not seen all the entries (nobody has). If you've only seen one edit and you loved it, then give it a vote! Smile

Polls are linked to in the OP.
[+] 3 users Like TM2YC's post
Thank you all!
The polls are closed.
We're contacting the winners.
We'll announce them later in the week.
[+] 1 user Likes lapis molari's post
AND NOW,

... [drum roll] ...

We come to the Awards for the 2019 Fan Edit Of The Year!

[Image: award%20banner%20FEOTY%202019.jpg]

We saw many amazing entries in 2019. The candidates that were nominated for FEOTY are listed in the first post. Congratulations to all the nominees!

... [wait for the applause to die down] ...

Without further ado we present the Winners and Runners-Up in the 2019 Fan Edit Of The Year awards!

In the category "Fan Edit Of The Year",
[Image: giphy.gif]

the winner is Star Wars: The Coaxium Heist by DigModiFicaTion
[Image: solo-foty.png]

and the runner-up is Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon
[Image: ekkG5b9.png]

In the category "Best TV to Movie Edit",

the winner is Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords by Andreas
[Image: got.jpg]

and the runner-up is Babylon 5 Project I: Dawn of the Third Age by subjectzero
[Image: FEOTY%20b5-poster-series.png]

In the category "Best Extended Edition",

the winner is Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon

and the runner-up is Avengers: Age of Ultron - Extinction Edition by Bobson Dugnutt
[Image: MCzQIrD.png]

In the category "Best Combination Fanedit",

the winner is Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage by WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

and the runner-up is The Hobbit: The Anti-Cringe Cut by DonKamillo
[Image: TFKDXa9.jpg]

In the category "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor",

the winner is Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon

and the runner-up is Ghost in the Shell 2017 by FairFriend
[Image: gits_leanmean_3dview.jpg]

In the category "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year",

the winner is macmilln
[Image: oBQoZju.gif]

and the runner-up is Possessed
[Image: USER-SCOPED-TEMP-DATA-orca-image-987728982.jpg]

In the category "Fan Editor Of The Year",

the winner is DigModiFicaTion. DigModiFicaTion has 2 wins and 1 runner-up. An outstanding achievement!
[Image: feoty.png]

and the runner-up is Bobson Dugnutt
[Image: xSAaj96.png]

In the category "Best Cover Art Of The Year",

the winner is Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon. That makes 3 wins and 1 runner-up for Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor! A rare achievement!

and the runner-up is Amazing Spider-Man: Extended Edition cover by theryaney, edit by masirimo17
[Image: FEOTY%20theryaney%20theamazingspidermane...tion-3.jpg]

In the category "Paradigm Award",

the winner is Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage by WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock. The 2 wins for this edit underline it's benchmark quality!
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

and the runner-up is The Dark Crystal: The Great Conjunction by DigModiFicaTion
[Image: tdc-rup-paradigm2.png]

A major thank you to everyone in the fanediting community that encouraged these editors to be the best they can be, watched their edits, and voted for them.
And of course eternal thanks to everyone in the movie and television industries for creating the original releases. Without you, our fanedits wouldn't exist. We engage in our hobby on the shoulders of giants!
[+] 8 users Like lapis molari's post
Congratulations everyone! Some amazing edits this year.

[Image: giphy-downsized-medium.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TM2YC's post
We forgot one award, the most valuable staff member who coordinated and made FEOTY happen and who just is an awesome person and part of our community, lapis molariWe appreciate you!
[Image: tumblr_o3albfg0xq1s3y9slo3_500.gifv]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We really have an amazing group of editors in our community. The amount of talent that is found in the forum and the countless members who share feedback and offer support that build up one another and inspire all of us to achieve our best is the real strength of our community. There are so many faneditors who have shown me what quality looks and sounds like and have shared their time and talent to build me up. Thank you. I simply try to emulate you. Thank you to everyone who reaches out with support and invites me to push beyond my current ability. I firmly believe that we rise to our best selves when we have such supports. The achievement of one is a reflection and evidence of a strong community. It's awesome to see the achievement of so many and all that we do to build up and inspire each other. While fanediting at its core might be seen as a nerdy hobby, I know that the daily interactions I have in our community and the processes of fanediting and completing projects have had a positive real world impact on my ability to achieve in my real and professional life. In short, thank you to those who help, inspire and challenge. Smile
Congratulations to all the winners and a lapis molari for putting the whole shebang together (i can see this sentence being quoted in the "Out of Context" thread  Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Last Impressions's post
(06-28-2020, 03:00 AM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: We forgot one award, the most valuable staff member who coordinated and made FEOTY happen and who just is an awesome person and part of our community, lapis molariWe appreciate you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We really have an amazing group of editors in our community. The amount of talent that is found in the forum and the countless members who share feedback and offer support that build up one another and inspire all of us to achieve our best is the real strength of our community. There are so many faneditors who have shown me what quality looks and sounds like and have shared their time and talent to build me up. Thank you. I simply try to emulate you. Thank you to everyone who reaches out with support and invites me to push beyond my current ability. I firmly believe that we rise to our best selves when we have such supports. The achievement of one is a reflection and evidence of a strong community. It's awesome to see the achievement of so many and all that we do to build up and inspire each other. While fanediting at its core might be seen as a nerdy hobby, I know that the daily interactions I have in our community and the processes of fanediting and completing projects have had a positive real world impact on my ability to achieve in my real and professional life. In short, thank you to those who help, inspire and challenge. Smile

Great speech DigModiFicaTion! As one of the newer members of this community my biggest regret is not finding it sooner, this really is a very special part of the internet. Well done everyone.
[Image: kz2rPYe.gif]
Video password: Malthus
Current projects:
Driver 
Ghost Runner: Deckard's Case
Completed projects: 
Thor: Odinson?

Ideas thread

Inactive:
Ghost Runner 
Quark's 
Congrats to all the nominees and winners!  Thanks for the hard work and the hours of engagement you provide to myself and the others in this community.  The quality of work being done for something that is supposedly a "hobby" is really amazing.  Well-deserved, everyone.
[Image: JS117427539_REUTERS_Actor-Tom-Hiddleston...mwidth=450]
Webmaster for www.nottheacademy.com, Movie Articles, Lists, and Reviews...Come join us!
[+] 1 user Likes mnkykungfu's post