• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fan Edit Of The Year Awards 2019 (Winners & Runners-Up on page 2)

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is the full list of nominations for the 2019 Fan Edit of the Year Awards. Click the links to their respective polls and vote.

a) "Fan Edit Of The Year".
- Alien 3: Third Cut by 15MaF
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Value-Sized Version) by TheMilkmanConspiracy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron - Extinction Edition by Bobson Dugnutt
- Avengers: Assembled by macmilln
- Babylon 5: The Lost Tales - To Live and Die in Starlight by lapis molari
- Conquest of Jurassic World by jobwillins
- Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords by Andreas
- Ghost in the Shell 2017: Lean & Mean Edition by fairfriend
- Iron Man 2: At the Core of It by lapis molari
- Passengers: Aurora by macmilln
- Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon
- Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage, by WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock
- Spectre: The LS Cut by LastSurvivor
- Star Wars: The Coaxium Heist by DigModiFicaTion

b) "Best TV to Movie Edit".
- Babylon 5 Project I: Dawn of the Third Age by subjectzero
- Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords by Andreas

c) "Best Extended Edition".
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the Editor by RoccondilRinon
- Avengers: Age of Ultron - Extinction Edition, by Bobson Dugnutt

d) "Best Combination Fanedit".
- Conquest of Jurassic World, by jobwillins
- Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage by WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock
- The Hobbit: The Anti-Cringe Cut, by DonKamillo

e) "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor".
- Babylon 5 Project I: Dawn of the Third Age, by subjectzero
- Dick Tracy: Trueheart Edition, by revstevens
- Ghost in the Shell 2017: Lean & Mean Edition by FairFriend
- Passengers: Aurora, by macmilln
- RoboCop: TV Edit HD Restoration, by kchrules
- Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor, by RoccondilRinon
- Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage, by WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock

f) "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year".
- FairFriend
- Gelflinghand
- kchrules
- macmilln
- nostromo777
- Possessed
- revstevens
- RoccondilRinon
- subjectzero
- WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock

g) "Fan Editor Of The Year".
- Bobson Dugnutt
- DigModiFicaTion
- fairfriend
- nostromo777
- RoccondilRinon
- The Scribbling Man
- TM2YC
- WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock

h) "Best Cover Art Of The Year".
- Amazing Spider-Man: Extended Edition by theryaney
- Hobbit: The Anti-Cringe Cut by DonKamillo
- Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - Arkenstone Edition by kerr
- Dick Tracy: Trueheart Edition by revstevens
- Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor, by RoccondilRinon
- The Dark Crystal: The Great Conjunction, by DigModiFicaTion
- The Game: Amended, by DigModiFicaTion
- The Gill-man: Silent Jaws Edition by theryaney, DigMod and jswert
- Titanic (Restructured) by theryaney for andreas' edit

i) "Paradigm Award".
- Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage by WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock
- The Dark Crystal: The Great Conjunction, by DigModiFicaTion
- The Hobbit: The Anti-Cringe Cut, by DonKamillo

Voting Rules

1) All active FE forum members are encouraged to vote. Active is defined as being registered for more than a month and having a minimum of 5 posts.
FE does not yet have an automated way to exclude ineligible voters; checking this is done by FE moderators, who cannot do this all the time of every day. As a result polls may be temporarily incorrect. Before you vote, please ensure you meet the criteria.

2) You may vote once in every category. You may not vote for yourself or your own work.

3) FEOTY voting polls run for two months, until 13 June.

4) In case of a tie, the winner will be the edit that got the most nominations for entry. In case of FEOTMs that are automatically entered, the number of votes as FEOTM count as nominations.

5) Good sportsmanship:
a) If you or your fanedit are nominated, you may want to should shout this from the rooftops. Just take care that you encourage others to vote for that category, instead of specifically for your edit. For example, this is good: "My Something_Amazing edit is one of the entries for FEOTY! Remember to vote for the edit you like best." While this goes too far: "My Something_Amazing edit is up for FEOTY! Go vote for my edit!" Enthusiasm that crosses into the grey area of "is it or isn't it" will be evaluated by FE moderators on a case by case basis.
b) In the event of vote manipulation, FE moderators may adjust the number of votes or disqualify an entry.

d32787_5e3e65c45c5d42898264b07c31340b54~mv2.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good luck everyone and please don't feel you can't vote because you've not seen all the entries (nobody has). If you've only seen one edit and you loved it, then give it a vote! :)

Thanks again to @"lapis molari" for putting together all these polls. I can see it must have taken time to do. Hip hip hurray!

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My votes are in, Good luck to all nominees.

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another week, another reminder: VOTE for the Fan Edit of the Year categories!
Give that amazing edit you like so much your support. :)

Amidst the long list of FEOTY categories, don't forget to vote for FEOTM too!

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bump: another week, another call to action. :angel:

Vote. For the editors and their edits that make you grin, punch the air, or want to use the work in your own edit. :D

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mother's Day bump: add your vote on who and what's best from 2019. Right after you call your mom. ;)

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Casted my votes, even voted for one that I didn't watch - just based on the technical aspects that went into it.

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Double bump:

- Add your vote to the remaining Fanedit of the Year categories (you voted for the easy choices already, right? So now vote for the rest!).

- It's been snowed under by the many FEOTY categories, so here's a reminder to also vote for Fan Edit Of The MONTH. There too are many great edits to choose from!

TheMilkmanConspiracy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm honored to be among such a fine group of fanedits up for consideration this year! This is a wonderful community, and I'm happy to be a part of it. Thank you to all for the kind words and support; this year I hope to work on and complete even more fanedits. Good luck to all of the nominees!

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The two-month voting period for the FEOTY categories is almost over! Polls close this Friday night.

It was set extra long to accommodate that it's harder to schedule your life under Covid. So by now everyone's had enough time to watch every candidate for every category. ;)

This is your last week to vote!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
The two-month voting period for the FEOTY categories is almost over! Polls close this Friday night.

It was set extra long to accommodate that it's harder to schedule your life under Covid. So by now everyone's had enough time to watch every candidate for every category. ;)

This is your last week to vote!

Thanks for the reminder @"lapis molari" and to repeat my earlier comment...

TM2YC said:
please don't feel you can't vote because you've not seen all the entries (nobody has). If you've only seen one edit and you loved it, then give it a vote! :)

Polls are linked to in the OP.

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you all!
The polls are closed.
We're contacting the winners.
We'll announce them later in the week.

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AND NOW,

... [drum roll] ...

We come to the Awards for the 2019 Fan Edit Of The Year!

award%20banner%20FEOTY%202019.jpg

We saw many amazing entries in 2019. The candidates that were nominated for FEOTY are listed in the first post. Congratulations to all the nominees!

... [wait for the applause to die down] ...

Without further ado we present the Winners and Runners-Up in the 2019 Fan Edit Of The Year awards!

In the category "Fan Edit Of The Year",
giphy.gif

the winner is Star Wars: The Coaxium Heist by DigModiFicaTion
solo-foty.png

and the runner-up is Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon
ekkG5b9.png

In the category "Best TV to Movie Edit",

the winner is Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords by Andreas
got.jpg

and the runner-up is Babylon 5 Project I: Dawn of the Third Age by subjectzero
FEOTY%20b5-poster-series.png

In the category "Best Extended Edition",
giphy.gif

the winner is Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon
ekkG5b9.png

and the runner-up is Avengers: Age of Ultron - Extinction Edition by Bobson Dugnutt
MCzQIrD.png

In the category "Best Combination Fanedit",

the winner is Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage by WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock
maxresdefault.jpg

and the runner-up is The Hobbit: The Anti-Cringe Cut by DonKamillo
TFKDXa9.jpg

In the category "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor",
giphy.gif

the winner is Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon
ekkG5b9.png

and the runner-up is Ghost in the Shell 2017 by FairFriend
gits_leanmean_3dview.jpg

In the category "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year",
giphy.gif

the winner is @"macmilln"
oBQoZju.gif

and the runner-up is @"Possessed"
USER-SCOPED-TEMP-DATA-orca-image-987728982.jpg

In the category "Fan Editor Of The Year",
giphy.gif

the winner is @"DigModiFicaTion". DigModiFicaTion has 2 wins and 1 runner-up. An outstanding achievement!
feoty.png

and the runner-up is @"Bobson Dugnutt"
xSAaj96.png

In the category "Best Cover Art Of The Year",

the winner is Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon. That makes 3 wins and 1 runner-up for Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor! A rare achievement!
ekkG5b9.png

and the runner-up is Amazing Spider-Man: Extended Edition cover by theryaney, edit by masirimo17
FEOTY%20theryaney%20theamazingspidermanextendededition-3.jpg

In the category "Paradigm Award",
giphy.gif

the winner is Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage by WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock. The 2 wins for this edit underline it's benchmark quality!
maxresdefault.jpg

and the runner-up is The Dark Crystal: The Great Conjunction by DigModiFicaTion
tdc-rup-paradigm2.png

A major thank you to everyone in the fanediting community that encouraged these editors to be the best they can be, watched their edits, and voted for them.
And of course eternal thanks to everyone in the movie and television industries for creating the original releases. Without you, our fanedits wouldn't exist. We engage in our hobby on the shoulders of giants!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations everyone! Some amazing edits this year.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We forgot one award, the most valuable staff member who coordinated and made FEOTY happen and who just is an awesome person and part of our community, @"lapis molari"! We appreciate you!
tumblr_o3albfg0xq1s3y9slo3_500.gifv

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We really have an amazing group of editors in our community. The amount of talent that is found in the forum and the countless members who share feedback and offer support that build up one another and inspire all of us to achieve our best is the real strength of our community. There are so many faneditors who have shown me what quality looks and sounds like and have shared their time and talent to build me up. Thank you. I simply try to emulate you. Thank you to everyone who reaches out with support and invites me to push beyond my current ability. I firmly believe that we rise to our best selves when we have such supports. The achievement of one is a reflection and evidence of a strong community. It's awesome to see the achievement of so many and all that we do to build up and inspire each other. While fanediting at its core might be seen as a nerdy hobby, I know that the daily interactions I have in our community and the processes of fanediting and completing projects have had a positive real world impact on my ability to achieve in my real and professional life. In short, thank you to those who help, inspire and challenge. :)

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations to all the winners and a @"lapis molari" for putting the whole shebang together (i can see this sentence being quoted in the "Out of Context" thread  :)

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
We forgot one award, the most valuable staff member who coordinated and made FEOTY happen and who just is an awesome person and part of our community, @"lapis molari"! We appreciate you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We really have an amazing group of editors in our community. The amount of talent that is found in the forum and the countless members who share feedback and offer support that build up one another and inspire all of us to achieve our best is the real strength of our community. There are so many faneditors who have shown me what quality looks and sounds like and have shared their time and talent to build me up. Thank you. I simply try to emulate you. Thank you to everyone who reaches out with support and invites me to push beyond my current ability. I firmly believe that we rise to our best selves when we have such supports. The achievement of one is a reflection and evidence of a strong community. It's awesome to see the achievement of so many and all that we do to build up and inspire each other. While fanediting at its core might be seen as a nerdy hobby, I know that the daily interactions I have in our community and the processes of fanediting and completing projects have had a positive real world impact on my ability to achieve in my real and professional life. In short, thank you to those who help, inspire and challenge. :)

Great speech @"DigModiFicaTion"! As one of the newer members of this community my biggest regret is not finding it sooner, this really is a very special part of the internet. Well done everyone.
kz2rPYe.gif

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats to all the nominees and winners!  Thanks for the hard work and the hours of engagement you provide to myself and the others in this community.  The quality of work being done for something that is supposedly a "hobby" is really amazing.  Well-deserved, everyone.
JS117427539_REUTERS_Actor-Tom-Hiddleston_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqgsaO8O78rhmZrDxTlQBjdGtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U.jpg

15MaF

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations DigModiFicaTion!

...and to all the folks putting in the time and effort to the many varied edits. It's always nice to know they're simply being watched.

15MaF

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations to everyone! There are some truly amazing editors doing amazing things here. I am privedged to be among you.

Top Bottom