• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Dark Knight Saga Recut - Part III (The Dark Knight Rises)

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
s6gb.jpg

Original film title:
The Dark Knight Rises
Fanedit film title: The Dark Knight Saga Recut - Part III[SIZE=+0]
[/SIZE]Date Original Film Was Released: 2012
Date Fanedit Was Released: August, 2014
Original Runtime: 166 mins
New Runtime: 134 mins
Time Cut: ​32 mins

Intention: Nolan's epic bat-trilogy is widely considered to be one of the great cinematic achievements, especially within the superhero genre. Yet despite their many strengths, the films are weighed down by poor attempts at humor, tonal inconsistencies, poor CGI, unnecessary exposition, superfluous characters, and bloated running times.

This series of edits intends to streamline the films, keeping the tone consistent throughout and emphasizing the strongest elements of the series.

Cutlist for Part III (The Dark Knight Rises):
Main Goals:
- Keep the movie moving, and remove scenes/characters unnecessary to moving the plot forward
- cut out Deputy Commissioner Foley and Selina's girlfriend from the movie as much as possible
- Simplify Bane's plan. He wants to terrorize and destroy Gotham, as has always been the plan of the league of shadows.
- Removal of all references to Occupy wall street/99%, rich being overthrown by the poor, people's court etc.
- Decrease Batman's poorly performed dialogue where possible
- Cut back on needless exposition/bad jokes
- Make the police less stupid.
- Reconstruct the ending to have Batman actually die. No Hollywood happy endings.

Full Cutlist:

• Cut CIA agent’s, “Why does he wear the mask?”. That’s the question you’re willing to threaten someone with death for? Now he just says, “Tell me about Bane.”
  • Cut Mayor’s, “Now there’s talk of repealing the Dent act, and to that I say, not on my watch”
  • Cut almost all scenes throughout featuring Matthew Modine’s Deputy Commissioner, Foley. His character is grating and smarmy, adding little to the film’s central narrative.
  • Simplified Gordon’s speech, cutting “I have a speech telling the truth about Harvey Dent, maybe the time isn’t right. Maybe right now all you need to know is that there are 1,000 inmates in Blackgate prison as a direct result of the Dent act. These are violent criminals, essential cogs in the organised crime machine.”
  • Cut Alfred’s story to Bruce in the Batcave about going on holiday during his absence, hoping to see him there in a café happy with kids and family.
  • Cut all scenes of Selina’s girlfriend, as she adds literally nothing to the plot.
  • Cut “Call me” joke, after Selina tells congressman to keep pressure on his gunshot wound.
  • Cut Bane’s henchman searching Gordon in the underground lair. Bane’s reading of the speech has been deleted later, so no need to see it revealed here.
  • Shortened dialogue between Bane and Henchman, cutting “The water runs to any one of the outflows”.
  • Timmed Selina and Bruce’s dance conversation, cutting: “I take what I need from those with more than enough, I don’t stand on the shoulders of people with less.” “Robin Hood?” “I think I do more to help people than most of the people in this room, thank you.” “You think maybe you’re assuming too much?” “Maybe you’re being unrealistic about what’s really in your pants other than your wallet.” “Ouch.”
  • Also cut “There’s a storm coming Mr Wayne. You and your friends better baton down the hatches, because when it hits, you’re gonna wonder how you could have lived so large, and left so little for the rest of us.” “Sound like you’re looking forward to it.”
  • Cut Lucius mention of Miranda being “quite lovely”, and “we all just want what’s best for you Bruce.”
  • Cut all references to the Bat’s autopilot when Lucius shows Bruce “The Bat”.
  • Cut Alfred’s, “Sometimes, something rises from the darkness”
  • Cut unnecessary exposition: “Your mentor.” “Bane was a member of the league of shadows?” “And then he was excommunicated.”
  • Changed Alfred's, "Any man who is too extreme for Raz al Gul" to "Any man who was trained by Raz al Gul.", since I have deleted all references during exposition of Bane being excommunicated from League of Shadows.
  • Cut stockholders talking about stock prices: “Wayne coming back is change. Change is either good or bad. I vote bad.” How did you decide? I flipped a coin.
  • Cut Foley and banker conversation outside during Bane’s attack. “I’m not risking my men for your money” “It’s not our money, it’s everybody’s!”
  • Cut one shot of police cars arriving at the scene, and a shot of snipers on the roof.
  • Cut Henchman’s: “They cut the fiber. It’s still working” Bane: “For now”.
  • Cut cops “shoot the tires! There’s no shot…”
  • “Cut Foley’s, “Back off, back off they’ve got hostages!”
  • Cut policeman’s “What’s wrong with the lights?” “”What the hell was that?” Oh boy, are you in for a show tonight son!”
  • Cut cop nervously shooting batman’s ECG gun, “Sorry…” “Put that thing away before you hurt yourself!”.
  • Cut Foley and Blake’s dialogue, “I’m gonna do what Jim Gordon never could” “What’s that?” “I’m gonna take down the Batman!”
  • Cut “Sir, but what about the armed robbers?”
  • Cut, “He’s getting away!” “Who do you wanna catch, huh? Some robber, or the son of a bitch you killed Harvey Dent?”
  • Cut, “We lost him” “How could you lose him?” “He’s got a lot of fire power.” “What and you don’t?”
  • Cut, “He’s heading downtown.” “Then he’s as dumb as he dresses. Close it off gentlemen.”
  • Cut Dagart’s needless exposition to Catwoman: “The ultimate tool for a master jewel thief!”
  • Shortened dialogue between Batman and Catwoman, cutting “See you around!” “You’re Welcome” “I had it under control” “Those weren’t street thugs, they were trained killers. I saved your life. In return,…”
  • Cut Batman’s joke: “Ms Kyle? So that’s what that feels like…”
  • Cut Alfred’s “I see the power of belief”
  • Cut bruce/Alfred, “You said he was excommunicated.” “By Raz al Gul. Who leads them now?”
  • Cut Bruce arguing with Selina’s girlfriend outside her apartment
  • Cut Batman to Selina, “I acquired it to keep it out of the wrong hands”.
  • Cut Batman to Bane, “You were excommunicated by a gang of psychopaths”
  • Cut Foley and Gordon’s, “remind me to tell detail to keep hot heads out” and “we could use some hotter heads around here!”
  • Moved scene of Blake visiting Gordon in hospital to discuss the tunnels and getting a promotion to detective to after the Batman/Bane fight.
  • Cut Miranda and Bruce’s rain-soaked love scene/dialogue by the fireside at Wayne Manor.
  • Cut Blake knocking at Wayne Manor with no answer.
  • Cut Dr Pavel’s stating the obvious, “This is now a 4 mega-tonne nuclear bomb!”
  • Replaced audio/music/sound effects for football stadium and bane’s bomb reveal scenes.
  • Cut Star Spangled banner before football match.
  • Cut some of the explosions around the city to keep the pace moving
  • Cut one of the wide shots of bridges being blown up.
  • Cut “take control. Take control of your city!”
  • Cut “now we come here not as conquerors but as liberators to return control of the city to the people”.
  • Cut “Tomorrow you claim what is rightfully yours”.
  • Cut CIA’s exposition: “Pull back the fighters, start high level reconnaissance flights, get the president on the line”.
  • Cut “tanks and planes cannot stop us from detonating our device. Send and emissary to discuss turns of access for supplies and communication.
  • Cut “Bane says he’s given Gotham back to the people. They need to know I could lead.” Also “Bane would lever let that happen” “He’ll show his true colours” “and you’ll be dead”
  • Substantially trimmed Bane’s monologue to the injured Bruce to exclude all mention of Giving Gotham hope to create true despair (“There’s a reason why this prison is the worst hell on earth. Hope. Everyman who has been in here over the centuries has looked up to the light and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy. So simple. And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without Hope. So as I terrorise Gotham I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe that they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to stay in the sun.”
  • Cut convo between Selina and girlfriend in wrecked house. “This was someone’s home. Now it’s everyone’s home”. There’s a storm coming remember, this is what you wanted.”
  • Cut Blake and Orphanage director “Any news of the commissioner? The less you know the better” Also cut “how’re the boys doing?” “ok, they have some tv etc”
  • Cut exposition about the bomb, “they already know, and it will go off in 23 days regardless of Bane’s revolution or what we or the outside world choose to do.”
  • Your appeasement plan might not be as practical as you thought”
  • Cut Blake rescuing Tate from shootout.
  • Cut “There were people living upstairs.” “Round them up for judgment!”
  • BIG CUT: all peoples’ court/exile scenes.
  • Cut Gordon confronting coward Foley at his home.
  • Cut Talia from helping Gordon track the bomb, now we can assume she was arrested when trying to meet the police.
  • Cut Gordon getting arrested, and his subsequent ‘trial’ and exile/death, ice scene.
  • Cut Wayne to Talia “ I won’t forget you” “I know”
  • Cut Wayne/Lucius “Fly ok? “Yeah, even without the autopilot”
  • Cut Batman lighting up bridge with batsignal made of fire.
  • Cut Foley’s son/FOley looking at flaming bat signal out the window.
  • Cut Bane’s reaction: Impossible! He’ll come for her first.
  • Cut Salinas’s “you gonna wage a war to save your stuck up girlfriend?”
  • Cut Batman’s crazy screaming at Bane :WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS IT? WHERE”S THE TRIGGER? YOU WOULD NEVER GIVE IT TO AN ORDINARY CITIZEN? WHERE IS IT? Etc”
  • Cut Talia’s “and though I’m not ordinary, I’m a citizen”.
  • Cut Blake’s argument with the policeman to try and get the bus across the bridge.
  • Shortened lingering shot over Foley’s dead body.
  • Cut Lucius’ “nothing like a little air superiority!”
  • Cut police blowing up the bridge to stop children crossing.
  • Cut Selina’s “Take it out over the water and then eject?” B: “No Autopilot!”
  • Cut Agent’s “That’s detonation!”
  • Cut Agent’s “It’s out over the bay, it’s clear of the city!”
  • Cut shots of police/children cheering/celebrating when the bomb goes off. Want to keep this a somber moment.
  • Cut wide shot of bridge blown up, and nuclear cloud in the distance.
  • Cut Blake throwing away his police badge
  • Reordered reaction shots after the blast
  • Horizontally flipped shot of Blake looking out over the Bay, to keep him looking out at the bomb blast. Also slowed shot down to linger on Blake’s reflecting a little longer.
  • Cut part of Gordon’s funeral speech to fit new sequence of shots.
  • Cut conversation between Gordon and Blake about quitting the force: “You know what you said about systems becoming shackles? I can’t take it, the injustice…” etc.
  • Cut ‘Robin’ reference.
  • Cut Lucius’ autopilot scene
  • Cut Alfred at Café in Florence completely. Bruce is dead.
  • Rebuilt sound effects/replaced soundtrack over new scene order.
  • Reordered/extended scenes of Blake entering Batcave and Gordon revealing new batsignal to better fit music.
  • Added final shot of Blake in the batsuit overlooking Gotham, with Liam Neeson’s “Legend, Mr Wayne” voiceover.
  • Replaced ‘The Dark Knight Rises' title card with Dark Knight Saga Recut – Part III.
  • Added Bill Finger as co-creator of Batman in the end credits
Release Info:
  • 8.5GB 720p MKV
  • 4.7GB DVD
  • 25GB Bluray

Editing Software: Premiere Pro CS6, Encore CS6, DVDFab, Bigasoft Audio Converter, Photoshop

BD artwork:
p557.jpg
55ce.jpg

BD Disk Art
nag6.jpg

Special Thanks:
@Dwight Fry and INH5 for previewing and providing great ideas/feedback.

Yes the zip file from fanedit.info contains only parts one and two. Is three on a separate download?

whitewizard813 said:
Where is part III? Only I and II are available.
Thanks.

gnovak1 said:
Yes the zip file from fanedit.info contains only parts one and two. Is three on a separate download?

Guys, have some motherflippin patience!!!!!!!!!!!! Read the goshdarn rules.

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

Fanedit.org/Internet Fanedit Database does not host fanedits, faneditors are responsible for making their edits available and use a variety of methods including usenet, newsgroups, file lockers etc... Often times you can find fanedit downloading information at fanedit.info, however this site is not run or controlled by fanedit.org in any way, but it is a popular resource for locating specific edits.

Do not ask fanedit.org Administrators or Moderators for assistance with fanedit.info issues, as well do not use the Fanedit.org forums to discuss issues or problems with fanedit.info. They are 2 separate sites.

3. Do not ask for download links to fanedits outside of private messages or the “Trades and Requests” Forum.

These edits were just "released" frickin' yesterday​. Wait a day or two before losing your shit.

We were only asking and I am very patient. I was just very anxious to watch these fan edits and my interest in them should be appreciated and not condoned. Take a chill pill. No point in cursing at a simple question.

Part III is not far away. Feel free to message me to discuss further.

Neglify said:
Guys, have some motherflippin patience!!!!!!!!!!!! Read the goshdarn rules.

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

These edits were just "released" frickin' yesterday​. Wait a day or two before losing your shit.

Wow, you are very rude. We just thought that there was an error considering that all THREE edits were posted. If they weren't all posted we wouldn't have asked. The author of the fan edit responded privately to me with a very kind answer unlike yours. I own ALL these films and am in no rush at all to see the fan edits, we were simply confused. No one seems to be offended but you. I think you need to learn some respect and nix the profanity and rudeness.

Welcome newbies.
Please do not poke the Neg. It will not end well.

We are not poking at anybody. Our original statements were not even directed at him. Your neg is poking at us. We were only responding to a vulgar, rude message which we have every right to do. I feel he should be disciplined. But you're telling us not to poke him? Wow !!!

Let me try and throw some water on this one. It's really important to protect this site that we keep discussions about links and availability of edits off the boards. Fanedit.org is the place to discuss the edits themselves, not the availability/where to get them. We've tried to make that really clear in the FAQ, but time and time again people ask for links in the forums. Not only is that tiresome to constantly remind people (hence neg's frustration), but it ultimately puts the site at risk.

We're really pleased that you've signed on and are interested in watching some edits. Hopefully you'll have a great time and become an active member on the boards, but please understand, we need to follow the rules and keep discussions of links/availability of edits off the forum. A PM to the editor is always your best bet if you can't find what you're looking for.

Now having said all that, I hope you enjoy Part III :)

"Our Neg" is a well-respected and longtime contributor to this website. In fact, he's a retired Administrator who has probably contributed more to this site than the rest of us combined. While his post was perhaps a touch grouchy, he's entitled. Not to mention that he's ultimately right, you newbs are breaking the rules. Please read the rules again, as I'm assuming you read them already and failed to understand them. If you have any questions about them, feel free to send myself or another staff member a PM. Do not post in response to this, or I will delete the post and give you an infraction. Thank you and have a nice day. :)

EDIT: Dammit njvc! ;)

Gnovak1 and Whitewizard813, this is waaaaay too much time spend on this already, and I'm loathe to make a public post about it except for the fact that by addressing these things in thread, it helps reinforce forum expectations to the community so that we can avoid them in the future.

In spite of your very low post count, both of your accounts are listed as having been forum members for many years. That being the case one would think that you would understand how this place tends to work, and it would also stand to reason that you also understand the culture of the forum that we try to foster and maintain. Key among this is patience, discretion and humor.

Being longtime forum members, I would think that you both are aware that it is pretty much always the case that once someone formally posts their new release, there is always a lag before it becomes available in the usual places. This is because posting on our site is completely separate from posting the edit online and submitting it to the various places that assist you in obtaining them. It takes time for these things to all click into place, particularly the things out of our control. The fact that one download file included links for edits 1 and 2 does not mean it is appropriate to post in this thread about it. As Neglify noted in his post, there is an expected process for this, particularly with new edits, you PM the editor. If it's an old edit, you can try your luck in the trades and requests section. The listing thread is not the place for it.

Additionally, it's considered poor form to be publicly demanding of being able to get an edit, and it is this portion in particular which likely was at the root of Neglify's response. If there is one thing that rubs the staff the wrong way, it's when members (particularly new members or members who rarely post) act entitled to the edits people work so hard on. I am guessing that was not the intent, and perhaps the staff (current and former) can be a bit sensitive to this, but we've seen it time and time again, and we've worked very very hard to direct the community to be not pushy and self-entitled. Again, in reading your posts, I don't know if that's really how you were, but disregarding rules which are fairly well-understood by this point tends to skew the interpretation as being pushy.

And Lastly.. relax. Neglify was alerting you to the fact that you were ignoring the rules and posting a way which is generally perceived as being pushy, and while he was using harsh language such as 'freak'n' and 'shit' this was meant to be a good-humored, if slightly sarcastic way of pointing it out.

Now, let's all have a nice group hug and move along and enjoy njvc's Gothamy goodness.

ahaha.. okay. then, I guess that covers that.

Damn, I hate coming in late on a good Brouhaha. :)

loud-noises.gif

Starting Part 3 tonight. Excited to see whether njvc carries on his brilliance from TDK....
...or crashes and burns :lol:

(I'm pretty sure it will be AWESOME!)

DuSky said:
Wow! What a great idea y'all have here -- Consecution H8! A heap of haters gonna hate, a pinch of patience, and a fistful of "Wanna fight? Fight me!"

<
>

Some men just want to watch the forum burn! :lol:
[MENTION=10596]DuSky[/MENTION], please explain how your post was on-topic.

My only complaint is that last scene, where I don't think you needed to show the bat suit at all. The platform rising out of the ground was enough teaser ..... cut to credits.

Why remove Bruce at the end? I liked that he was actually still alive somewhere. :(

Back
Top Bottom