• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

You know you're a fan editor when . . .

I just got Metrostar'd. ;)

TV's Frink said:

Yep!

TV's Frink said:
I just got Metrostar'd.
Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_19.gif

YEP!!!

[video=youtube_share;R48KMbOOR-A]
:oops:

TomH1138 said:
You’re watching a movie in the theater and you’re already deciding how you’re going to re-organize the footage when you get the home video.

You start buying movies that you hate, just for the opportunity to edit them.

The notion of watching a movie the way it was released kind of bores you.

Even movies you like become fodder for mash-ups.

The first question you have about any movie is, “What deleted scenes are there for me to work with?”

You giggle at serious scenes in movies because you’re thinking of a fan edit that parodied that scene.

You wonder how much it would cost to buy an extra hard drive for your computer just so you can have more room to store fan edits.

When someone asks you to list your favorite Star Wars movies in order, you feel obliged to include all the fan edits you’ve seen on the list.

The unedited prequels are not on the aforementioned list at all.

You talk about having cut 40 minutes out of a movie with pride the way other guys discuss fixing up their cars over the weekend.

If you ever met a woman IRL who loved to talk about the pros and cons of various prequel edits, you’d probably propose to her on the spot.

You wish you could bring your computer to work or school so that you can work on your edit during breaks.

You’re constantly scouring movies you own for audio of an actor saying a certain line, so you can dub that line into another movie with the same actor.

Sometimes when you see something, you’ll think of suggesting it to someone else – not for the entertainment value of the product itself, but because there’s audio or video that they could use for one of their editing projects.

You spend time making a Jeff Foxworthy list about fan editors. ;)

(Does anyone else have any additions to this list they’d like to make?)

Damn, I've done all of those, except the last three. But I've actually brought a computer to work....

When your reading and contributing to forums like this.
When your kids and wife wont watch any movies you like anymore because their sick of watching the changes you've made over and over again.
When your sitting on the toilet pondering what way to change a certain scene/ movie or if its actually possible to make the Star Wars prequels enjoyable at'all.

LOL. These are all phenomenal. And I'm saying to myself, "Yes!" with each one.

To cite a few specific examples: Over the weekend, I was watching Black Adder for the first time. Brian Blessed is in it. I was actually thinking to myself, "Could Frink use some clips of his audio for Boss Nass? . . . Oh, wait. He's already done with the first one, and Boss Nass doesn't have any lines in the other two. Crap."

(For the record, this is the only time I was sad that Boss Nass didn't have any more lines.)

And if someone asked me my favorite Star Wars movies right now, I'd probably say, "Empire, A New Hope: Adywan's Version, Return of the Jedi: Original Theatrical Cut, Ridiculous Menace, L8's Episode III: Dawn of the Empire, Star Wars: Deleted Magic, A New Hope: Original Theatrical Cut . . ."

By this point, the person asking would have backed away slowly. ;)

You have a FanEditor badge.

Heh. Well, yeah, there's that, too. But "You know that you're either a fan editor or someone who finds fan editing interesting but doesn't quite have the technical skills or needed software to pull it off so you dabble here and there . . ." Well, that title seemed a bit unwieldy to me. :)

Thought of one: buying movies just because there's an edit you want to watch (or sometimes to ease the shame of having watched one that you didn't own the original of).

TMBTM said:
Metrostar: why not trying region 2 DVD, I found one for 0,99 euros at amazon.
(I guess it has original english audio, but not 100% sure. 99% of region 2 DVD has that though)

http://www.amazon.fr/Disparitions-Sanglantes/dp/B004FOBNYY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338531455&sr=8-1

You know you're a fan editor when... someone at fanedit.org helps you find a dvd on Amazon/France.

The 'very good' versions wouldn't ship to my address and neither would one of the 'good' ones. On the fourth attempt I got lucky. Fingers crossed it is a genuine copy and has English audio.

Thank you. :)

spelledaren said:
Thought of one: buying movies just because there's an edit you want to watch (or sometimes to ease the shame of having watched one that you didn't own the original of).
+1

You know you're a fan editor when . . .

... All your, uh, adult videos/clips are edited. :p

... when you start watching films twice back to back, the second time just to listen to the audio commentaries...

These are all great.

More specific examples: I really didn't like either Titanic or Avatar. I've recently considered buying each of them just so I can watch the fan edits here! :) And if I don't think the cuts are deep enough, making my own edit . . .

I've also thought of buying Willow and Minority Report. Both are decent but flawed movies. I bet there's a gem in there somewhere for each of them. Plus, it'd be nice to have a Willow edit alongside all the Star Wars and Indiana Jones edits. ;) (And I say that with several SW edits in the works myself, and thinking about Indy edits besides.)

...When you are dreaming your working on an edit.
...when you`ve been working on an edit for * amount of hours that you forget what you just saved the file as and have to save it all over again.
...when you press the New Posts button every five minutes.

...when you edit The Room. :)

...when you've seen the Star Wars prequels, in various forms, more times than some of your favorite movies.

...when you're in the PAL zone yet due to so many NTSC prequel edits, you watch a PAL copy of any Star Wars movie and instantly find the main theme jarringly sped-up.

Back
Top Bottom